Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2021, 01:49 PM   #1

Need VIN Assistance For Factory Power Seat Option

This is going to sound a bit odd but I have a 2019 30X that did not come with a power driver's seat. After putting on around 11K miles, I decided that having a power driver's seat would make some of the longer drives more comfortable.

Here's the catch: I went to my local Jayco dealer and they said that the power seat base / pedestal is a Ford part. So I went across the street to the Ford dealer and they said it's a Jayco part. Typical answers by people that really don't care to assist their respective businesses in making some money.

I called the Jayco Parts number today and they wanted the last 8 digits of the Jayco VIN (Not the Ford VIN). I gave her the VIN number and after a few minutes, she came back to the phone and said that my coach did not have the power seat option and that without a part number, they could do nothing. So I asked her if I had purchased a 29MVP or a 30XP (The Prestige versions still had the driver's power seat) and the power seat had failed under warranty, who would handle the repair - she responded that Jayco would.

So I then asked her that if I got a VIN number from a Jayco E-450 MH that has the power seat option, if she could then get the power seat base and pedestal part number and she said Yes. Mind numbing that without a VIN, they can't even find a part number for a part that was used for many years on various coaches.

I'm not interested in getting someone else's VIN number but what I am wondering is if someone that has a 2017-2019 Class C E-450 chassis (and I'm pretty sure other older models are applicable as well) that has the power seat could call Jayco Parts, give them the last 8 alpha / numeric characters of their coach and get the power seat base and pedestal part number and relay that part number to me. I'm still somewhat astounded that these folks can't do a simple search and get the appropriate part number but it is what it is.
Thanks for any assistance!
Frodo13056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 02:20 PM   #2

Should be a Yellow label on the side of the coach, Jayco VIN Label. That is the last 8 digits they need for any inquiry ever. It will have all the weight capacities on it.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:10 PM   #3

Can't help you with the VIN or P/N but this thread has some alternative solutions that may work for you: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-62873-3.html
Old 07-01-2021, 05:58 PM   #4

Find one of the models that came with the seat online for sale. The vin is often listed in the for sale ad. When I wanted to change a bunk window to one that opened I needed to find the next trim level up and use that vin. Got it off of a dealership listing for the higher trim level and had the upgraded window in about 4 weeks.
damammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 04:32 AM   #5

I would try calling Fairway Ford in Canfield Ohio and ask for Kevin. They are very popular on the Ford Truck Forums and work with Ford owners that are making all types of modifications to our trucks using OEM parts. They are awesome at finding OEM parts even when their site says a particular part doesn't fit your vehicle.

They have a VIN decoder on their parts page as a place to start.

https://www.fairwayfordparts.net

366 W MAIN ST
CANFIELD, OH, 44406
330-533-3673 ext 1438 Kevin or Nate
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 05:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
I would try calling Fairway Ford in Canfield Ohio and ask for Kevin. They are very popular on the Ford Truck forums and work with Ford owners that are making all types of modifications to our trucks using OEM parts. They are awesome at finding OEM parts even when their site says a particular part doesn't fit your vehicle.

They have a VIN decoder on their parts page as a place to start.

https://www.fairwayfordparts.net

366 W MAIN ST
CANFIELD, OH, 44406
330-533-3673 ext 1438 Kevin or Nate
x2 Fairway is awesome.
Old 07-02-2021, 06:51 AM   #7

For what it's worth, I've got a 2020 30XP and no power seat.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 07:33 PM   #8

Thanks for the replies! I’ll post back when I find part numbers or aftermarket pedestal / 6 way power adjuster.
Frodo13056 is offline   Reply With Quote