Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-23-2021, 08:37 PM   #1

New 24B warranty--not

Hey,
We ordered a new 24B last February. Took delivery from NIRV in Phoenix in September. Used it once and realized that the cabinets were falling apart and the slide would not work properly (among other issues). Contacted Jayco Motorized and thought we were on the right track. Except Jayco dealers in our area would not accept warranty issues unless we bought the unit from them. Returning the motorhome to Phoenix would require a 1,000-mile trip.

Jayco sent us to a 3rd party vendor. We delivered our coach to them in October. Still no movement. Jayco is not responding and the independent guy, well is independent, concerning doing any work.

So this poses the question, does Jayco actually have a warranty if no dealers will honor it?

Does anyone have any similar experiences?
PS-MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 09:01 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes, it's very common, and not just with Jayco. Most, if not all RV dealers aren't under a franchise agreement like auto dealers are. They agreed to be a representing dealer for the brand, but didn't purchase a franchise like GM, Ford, Chrysler, etc. They have the right to take care of warranty issues and regular repairs from their customers first, and then for owners that bought RVs from someone else, if at all. It depends on the individual dealer.

Jayco's warranty is as good or better than any others, but they have no say over how they prioritize service to consumers who travelled long distances to buy their units, for reasons of price, or personal preference to that dealer.

Your independent repair facility may be waiting to see if Jayco will authorize payment to him for your warranty work, just like any dealer would do.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 09:13 PM   #3

Haylett has nice prices, but I wasn't traveling 8 hours for warranty work. Thought it was common knowledge shared here and other forums about the " you didn't buy from us so piss off attitude" of dealers. My boy left a jeep dealer because of all the factory under priced warranty labor paid by the factory. There is no money to be made doing warranty work. My unsolicited opinion is that a good dealer trumps low price every day.
Jayco and the majority of manufacturers really don't have any control over dealers or third parties. Good customer service is getting harder to find every day.
My dealer, Larry's trailer sales of mulkyville, Il, had me text pictures of what I felt were warranty issues. They sent them to jayco, and got approval. I showed up at a scheduled time, and I was in and out in 2.5 hours.
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 08:39 AM   #4

Winnebago service is franchised like any car dealer. Winnebago even provides a directory of dealers and service centers in the owner materials.

I am currently scheduled for service at my local dealer, whom i did not purchase from.

A Winnie perk for sure. Not that it helps the OP, but just pointing out that some RV brands get service as a novice owner might expect.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 03:57 PM   #5

I was lucky and didn't need any warranty work from my dealer. But I did need a couple of things fixed, one of my own doing. Each time they fit me in right away since I bought and was returning each time for service. They even tried to help diagnose a problem when I was three states away.

So while that makes me happy to be their customer, it doesn't necessarily make me loyal to Jayco. In fact just the opposite. Knowing there isn't a national network of dealers willing to help me with my trailer removes any brand loyalty (not just Jayco) from my buying decision.

If Camping World didn't have such a crappy reputation, they would be near the top of my list to consider for my next purchase based on so many locations.
Old 12-24-2021, 04:14 PM   #6
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS-MT View Post
Hey,
We ordered a new 24B last February. Took delivery from NIRV in Phoenix in September. Used it once and realized that the cabinets were falling apart and the slide would not work properly (among other issues). Contacted Jayco Motorized and thought we were on the right track. Except Jayco dealers in our area would not accept warranty issues unless we bought the unit from them. Returning the motorhome to Phoenix would require a 1,000-mile trip.

Jayco sent us to a 3rd party vendor. We delivered our coach to them in October. Still no movement. Jayco is not responding and the independent guy, well is independent, concerning doing any work.

So this poses the question, does Jayco actually have a warranty if no dealers will honor it?

Does anyone have any similar experiences?

Trout Creek where? There are many Trout Creeks so I don't know where you are.

There are several NIRV dealers. Did you check to see if any of the others are close?

The other thing that you might try is calling NIRV and talk with them about your issue. They may have a location near you that they can recommend or set you up with.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 10:43 AM   #7

Hi CAG,
Yes, I was in touch with the initial dealer with no help offered. We are in Montana. Would have bought closer to home, but couldn't even get dealers in the state to return a phone call when we were shopping.

Just exasperated that a "warranty" that Jayco (and others) sell has no real use. If Jayco Dealers, regardless of how they are affiliated with Jayco, do no honor the dealers dealers won't honor its warranty, then no warranty exists.
Paul
PS-MT is offline   Reply With Quote