Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2018, 09:37 PM   #1

Newbie Issues!

Still working around our newly purchased 2018 Redhawk 26 XD. Noticed that my sirusxm radio is telling me that it cant connect to the tuner? Anyone know where I should look for this? Also, when I depress the brake, there is a loud "click" noise every time? Just getting my list together for my next visit to the dealer before my 30 punch list expires.
Wayfinder 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 06:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfinder 1 View Post
Still working around our newly purchased 2018 Redhawk 26 XD. Noticed that my sirusxm radio is telling me that it cant connect to the tuner? Anyone know where I should look for this? Also, when I depress the brake, there is a loud "click" noise every time? Just getting my list together for my next visit to the dealer before my 30 punch list expires.
Unless they've changed, the Sirius/XM tuner is not installed. The radio is just Sirius/Xm capable and you need to get that module installed.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:31 PM   #3

Like Grumpy said you will need a separate SiriusXM tuner installed, as well as installing a satellite antenna. Frequently the necessary tuner comes with an antenna and cable.

If you do move forward with installing a tuner you may be able to get away with just placing the antenna near the windshield on top of the dash. However put there you may find it "drops" the signal depending on terrain, foliage, and direction of travel.

Depending on the head unit Jayco installed, the tuner is something like I have in this link: https://shop.siriusxm.com/siriusxm-s...cle-tuner.html
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:56 AM   #4

SirusXM Radio Issue

Thanks guys....I've read the radio manual and it does say the tuner is not included?....why would you have a radio...antenna...but no tuner in the middle to connect it both?
Wayfinder 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:34 AM   #5

Wayfinder1
I purchased tuner with antenna from Best Buy for $68. Camping World in Columbia Missouri installed it for $126.
Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:42 AM   #6

Flyer: Thanks for the infor and welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:46 AM   #7

Have you tried Pandora? You stream it from your phone and it’s free. As long as you have phone signal you have radio.

There should be a way to connect your phone to the radio either by hard wire or Bluetooth and then you can listen to Pandora.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 12:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfinder 1 View Post
Thanks guys....I've read the radio manual and it does say the tuner is not included?....why would you have a radio...antenna...but no tuner in the middle to connect it both?
The antenna on the fender will not give you satellite radio even if you had the SiriusXM tuner. The Ford-installed antenna is only for AM and FM. You need to install a specific antenna to get the satellite radio.

You can stream music as another mentioned via several services so long as your phone's data plan holds out and you have cell data service available. Stick close to populated areas and you will likely have to service, travel to the middle of nowhere and you may not.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:57 PM   #9

Hello and Welcome! I had the same "newbie" issue last year when we purchased our rig. I forget the price but ended up having it purchased and installed by Best buy. They installed it in the front left corner of my hood. The Reception is not that great with the cap overhead and a lot more spotty than what is in our cars. Honestly, we do not use it that much. The XM app is more reliable and we use Amazon prime music a lot. Just use the USB connection that is under the tab on the front of your head unit or connect your phone to the blue tooth. Good luck!

2017 Greyhawk 31DS
Blue OX Alpha tow bar
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited
Vergari59 is offline   Reply With Quote