Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2020, 09:41 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
I don’t have hydraulic leveling on my rig. I thought I would add it but after reading all the issues people have, I’m 2nd guessing adding it. Having said that, I do notice if I level up my RV then put the slide out it puts enough weight on the drives side to effect the level of my rig. I sometimes don’t level if the drives side is up a bit, because when I put the slide out, it makes up the difference. This is because my suspension is moving not being on jacks.
Don't shy away from the leveling system. You only hear about the 'horror' stories in most forums. I love our leveling system. It was a 'must have' after years of block leveling. It was getting harder for me to bend down under a rig to set up the manual stabilizers X4 after having blocked the tires. Never dreamed a frame leveling system could be so helpful and accurate.

Ok, one more item. Your emergency brake is the main safety of the levelers. If it get's released and your Lippert levelers are still deployed, you will get a rude squealing alarm and your jacks will release instantly - that is a real wake up if you believe you are ready to 'roll' and suddenly you are dropped several inches on your springs...won't happen twice to you.

I would not be without levelers now. I do drop them first then open the slide and reverse the process when we depart. This process makes sense to me.

Michael and LaDonnah
2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW - '06 Jeep TJ toad
Forestburg, Texas - Ham call - K5FT
msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:41 AM   #22

Jacks down, then slides out. If that throws you a little out of level you can always re-adjust in manual mode.
TGoldsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:27 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGoldsbury View Post
Jacks down, then slides out. If that throws you a little out of level you can always re-adjust in manual mode.
Agree. If the slide is heavy it could tilt the rig but I haven't seen it on ours.

Yes: Jacks are first down on arrival and last up before we rock and roll.

Michael and LaDonnah
2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW - '06 Jeep TJ toad
Forestburg, Texas - Ham call - K5FT
msherw is offline   Reply With Quote