Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-06-2020, 06:50 PM   #1

Redhawk 24B Power Question

Hi all! I’m a new member who just put a refundable deposit down on a Redhawk 24B. We haven't seen the model in person yet but the size looks perfect for our family. It will be me, the wife, and our teenage daughter. We’re super excited as this will be our first RV.

We did have a question about power outlets that I’m hoping 24B owners can help us with. Is there power to the over-cab sleeping area? Our daughter has already claimed that space as hers and wants to be able to plug in her tablet and phone up there.

We’re curious to know where 24B owners charge their devices. Looking at photos online it looks like the queen bed has outlets in the bed frame. We use our phones as alarm clocks so would like them near the sleeping area.

Look forward to learning for the collective wisdom of the group. Thanks in advance!

-Brian
Brian_HR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 08:37 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

Ha..... So, for all the things that can be done with our rigs, charging devices is the biggest concern... interesting...

To answer your questions, I believe there is an outlet in the cabinet over the entry doorway, which can be used for a TV that gets mounted in the overhead area. Or, she can get a long cig cord, and plug it into one of the dashboard sockets.

Back by the bed, there are outlets on both sides. One under the wardrobe drawers and one on the side of the platform next to the pantry cabinet.

We either charge our devices from the outlet under the dinette seats, or in an outlet over the kitchen counter. We don't need a alarm clock when camping, primarily because we are camping, and have no place to be..
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:29 PM   #3

Contact Jayco and ask for a wiring diagram. You may find something you can tap into or a way to run wire up to her nest.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 06:26 AM   #4

As RetiredOne said power over entry door.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:09 AM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
I thought I remembered seeing one up there, as a 22J mounts the TV up there in the upper bunk. But, I have the wiring diagrams for the rig, and it doesn't show a outlet on the diagram. I have to go out and peek inside mine.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:06 AM   #6

Thanks @RetiredOne. Charging devices is definitely not the top of my priority/concern list but is a big concern with my daughter. She is very uncertain about this whole camping thing and potentially not having cell service to chat with her friends, etc. Showing her she'll have the ability to bring her devices and read books, watch saved videos, etc at night in the bunk will help ease her mind.

Thinking long term, the wife and I are considering going part-time and working on the road for a week or two at a time.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
Thanks for the picture. That will work perfectly.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
Contact Jayco and ask for a wiring diagram. You may find something you can tap into or a way to run wire up to her nest.
Wow. Jayco will do that? That would be awesome to have a wiring diagram for the 24B. I'm sure downstream we'll be wanting to tinker with the RV and make changes/additions and a wiring diagram would be super helpful.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:12 AM   #9
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_HR View Post
Thanks @RetiredOne. Charging devices is definitely not the top of my priority/concern list but is a big concern with my daughter. She is very uncertain about this whole camping thing and potentially not having cell service to chat with her friends, etc. Showing her she'll have the ability to bring her devices and read books, watch saved videos, etc at night in the bunk will help ease her mind.

Thinking long term, the wife and I are considering going part-time and working on the road for a week or two at a time.
Along those lines, if cell service is really important, some campgrounds are in very rural areas, and have weak cell service. Something that many of us have installed on our rigs is a cell signal booster system..

Just something to think about... as you plan buying new accessories for the rig.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:15 AM   #10
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_HR View Post
Wow. Jayco will do that? That would be awesome to have a wiring diagram for the 24B. I'm sure downstream we'll be wanting to tinker with the RV and make changes/additions and a wiring diagram would be super helpful.
If you send a really nice email to motorized service at Jayco, along with your serial number, they, many times, will email back the wiring blueprints. I have them for the 12 volt system, 120 volt system, A/V wiring, Cable, and some others. I fix everything myself on the rig, and don't take it back to the dealer, so these diagrams have been helpful.