Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2020, 10:32 PM   #21
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightsky View Post
So a space of two parking lots is needed for slide out.
Huh?

It comes out under 3 ft. You'll be hard pressed to find anyplace where you can't get that clearance.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 12:47 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Huh?

It comes out under 3 ft. You'll be hard pressed to find anyplace where you can't get that clearance.
What is the standard size of a parking lot? 10 feet wide x 20 feet long?
brightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 02:09 AM   #23

I would prefer to not have a slide, however there is no way I would/could have a corner bed. At my age, I have to get up too much at night. No way I would crawl to the end of the bed to get out.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:52 AM   #24
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
What is the standard size of a parking lot? 10 feet wide x 20 feet long?
You get creative, and find a spot on the end, next to an island, etc.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:19 AM   #25

Quote:
Outside kitchen of 25R is nice. How difficult is it to make the corner bed? any or no space at all between mattress and wall? If there is no space, how to put on a mattress cover that wraps the whole mattress? Thanks.
It's the wife's job

In all seriousness though, I pull the mattress out to put on the bottom sheet and cover. Put mattress back in place then call the wife to finish. She tucks the sheets and comforter along the edges. I've looked at those superbags but just can't justify the cost.

Yes it's a pain but we don't live in it. Should we ever go through with our plans to retire and RV then this model won't work. But for right now, we love it!
JaytheDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:19 PM   #26

For 24R slide out bed,
On the road, need to slide in and out everyday. I am sure the slide will stop working one day sooner or later. The worst scenario is that the slide can not slide in and you could not go on road.

From picture, saw a quite big space between flipped-up mattress and bathroom wall when slide in. When slide in, can you flip down the half-mattress? how many inches short? could anyone please measure it? the length of bed is 70 inches, if you can get 60 inches * 60 inches, maybe you can sleep on side with legs bent more or less depending on your height.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:31 PM   #27

Quote:
For 24R slide out bed,
On the road, need to slide in and out everyday. I am sure the slide will stop working one day sooner or later. The worst scenario is that the slide can not slide in and you could not go on road.
If that happens you must disconnect the slide motors and it will take 3 people to manually shove the side in where you will need to insert a wood blocker over the dining and bed area to keep it in while driving. Ask me how I know.

Quote:
From picture, saw a quite big space between flipped-up mattress and bathroom wall when slide in. When slide in, can you flip down the half-mattress? how many inches short? could anyone please measure it? the length of bed is 70 inches, if you can get 60 inches * 60 inches, maybe you can sleep on side with legs bent more or less depending on your height.
My wife did this when our slide failed on a trip. She curled up and slept with no issues. I preferred the over cab bunk. Full stretch out and very comfortable. However, that bunk ladder is bad on your feet as it is made for little kids. Works in a pinch.

Workarounds are a must for anyone who pushed this much technology down a high speed highway...sooner or later it will let you down!!

Michael and LaDonnah
2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW - '06 Jeep TJ toad
Forestburg, Texas - Ham call - K5FT
msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:41 PM   #28
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
For 24R slide out bed,
Nothing is guaranteed in life, sometimes you just have to take a chance.

My slide has been opened tons of times. We rarely stay more than 2 days in one location. Many times, it's one night, and on to the next adventure. I haven't had a single issue with my slide, even though it's a big concern of mine.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:43 PM   #29
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by msherw View Post
Workarounds are a must for anyone who pushed this much technology down a high speed highway...sooner or later it will let you down!!
Exactly!!

I don't worry about problems, I plan ahead with solutions. The mindset needed is that if you're going to buy an RV, plan on having issues. If they don't appear, you won the lottery!
Old 10-30-2020, 02:50 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Nothing is guaranteed in life, sometimes you just have to take a chance.

My slide has been opened tons of times. We rarely stay more than 2 days in one location. Many times, it's one night, and on to the next adventure. I haven't had a single issue with my slide, even though it's a big concern of mine.
Our slide began to fail early in life. I posted a compelling thread on how they finally fixed it. Find it here: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...out-79521.html

The dealer made a Youtube for me:

If you have zero problems thus far, count yourself blessed and enjoy your 24B. Now that we have ours repaired we love it and will keep her for many more miles.

Michael and LaDonnah
2019 Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW - '06 Jeep TJ toad
Forestburg, Texas - Ham call - K5FT
msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:00 PM   #31

Quote:
If that happens you must disconnect the slide motors and it will take 3 people to manually shove the side in where you will need to insert a wood blocker over the dining and bed area to keep it in while driving. Ask me how I know.
Glad to know. It should allow people to push slide in easily and lock it in place. One more place to improve for RV manufacturers .
Old 10-30-2020, 04:09 PM   #32
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Our slide began to fail early in life. I posted a compelling thread on how they finally fixed it. Find it here: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...out-79521.html
I actually watched that video when you posted it. It was really good. I went out after watching and did a really close inspection of my slide and track to see if there were any issues. Luckly, all good so far, and I make sure to keep it clean and lubed.

I guess they just made your opening just a bit too big. Or the slide box a little too small.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:39 PM   #33

Check the length of that slide out queen. I think it's only 70" and not the more common 74" for an RV queen. That 4" makes a big difference if you're 5'10" or taller.
BobKantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 02:03 PM   #34

Quote:
Some Redhawk class Cs have corner bed, and some have slide out bed. which one do you prefer? why?

I can think of:
For slide out bed such as 22J, you will not have a bed in tight parking lot or strong wind, but feels roomy when slide out. For corner bed like 25R/22A, no room around bed, one bed corner is slightly cut off, feeling cornered, but always have a bed to sleep.

What do you think?
We have a 2019 Redhawk 25R. Corner bed is very roomy and it’s perfect now that I’ve changed the mattress.

It’s a trade off. If you get one with a bed slide you will have 1000 less cargo carring capacity for sure! Your main concern should be those numbers and the layout. I have a bad back and I have no problem getting in and out of the bed however, that may change one day as I get older. Also having the corner bed allowed us to have the outdoor kitchen that my wife was bugging me for because we didn’t have one and our last two RVs. Happy wife happy camper!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 02:48 PM   #35

We have the 25R as well, and I agree the out door kitchen is worth the corner bed.
I am 6ft 3in and find the bed quite comfortable.
It is the first RV I have had were my feet don't hang off the end of the bed.
Making the bed is no problem, as the DW takes care of that.
She complains a little, but in reality it is not that bad.
Remote camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 03:29 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherv View Post
Owners manual requires you to run slide in or out completely then hold button for count of 5 to keep motors in sync. Never run it out or in part way!!!
That's true on our Thor it says to never stop it and if you do rock the switch back and forth 5 or 6 times till it beeps then hold it and that re-syncs it
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote