Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-14-2020, 06:36 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledoyle View Post
I like your recliners. I have a 2007 Greyhawk 31SS. I would like to remove the J sofa and replace them with wall hugger recliners that could double as single beds if needed. However. When I took measurements the slide platform is only 31" deep and I would not have enough depth to support recliners. I have also considered removing the booth dinette and replacing it with a table and chairs. One option would be to reverse the location of the table so that it resided where the sofa is and the recliners would be where the booth is.

Another option is to attach plywood over the slidout floor where the sofa is to extend the slideout so that it is wide enough to support the recliners and keep the relative position of everything the same as it is today.

Anyone have thoughts or suggestions? Thanks, Larry

I have a 2019 Redhawk 25R. I hate my jackknife sofa! I have a very bad back and I have to sit directly in the middle so I don’t have any of the metal supports up my but! I want to swap it out also, but I like the extra sleeping option, and it does get used for sleeping once in a while. I would re-stuff the cushions if they weren’t attached directly to the frame with no option of removing them! I was looking at an armless jackknife from Thomas Payne. Armless would give me an extra 10” of length. But I don’t know how comfortable it is.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 07:33 PM   #62

I'm been looking at the Lazy Boy wall hugger reliners. We have some in our family room and like them. Limits are with with booth in place in 61" for the j sofa. Other limitation is width of the slide.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:17 PM   #63

Hi there,
Please share which ladder you chose.
Thanks,
Chris
Moty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 05:35 PM   #64

I chose the RecPro 67"powered recliner sofa. I am removing the dinette booth and placing the recliner there and putting in a table and chairs where the J sofa was.
Old 12-10-2020, 06:51 PM   #65

I got my ladder from RecPro RV Bunk Ladder, 60" w/ optional mounting brackets thru Amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moty View Post
Hi there,
Please share which ladder you chose.
Thanks,
Chris

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:07 AM   #66

I have posted all my upgrades as i went on other thread but the list is long on our redhawk 29xk, replaced jack knife sofa with Recpro cloth recliners, added 200w solar panel with single Trojan t1275 battery, installed LCI auto leveling jacks, installed slide out topper, two max flow 2 vent covers, replaced queen mattress with 10” memory foam, dish tailgator satellite, installed Roadmaster reflex steering stabilizer, front Hellwig sway bar, added spare tire and carrier under rear frame, recovered dinnette seat cushions. I think that is all that i have done so far. Next i will be replacing shocks with Koni’s but the jeep needed new shocks first and it is almost finished with tow set up so we have a second option to drag along for play and exploring. It never ends, just now that i have finished my off-road car and trailer set up the jeep is on the list for some upgrades now.
Dgibbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:11 AM   #67

After installing the Recpro recliners and having a very bad back myself i have to say that the cloth we chose is comfortable enough i fall asleep in them all the time. A little short for 6’ tall person but still very comfortable.
Dgibbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:32 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgibbster View Post
I have posted all my upgrades as i went on other thread but the list is long on our redhawk 29xk, replaced jack knife sofa with Recpro cloth recliners, added 200w solar panel with single Trojan t1275 battery, installed LCI auto leveling jacks, installed slide out topper, two max flow 2 vent covers, replaced queen mattress with 10” memory foam, dish tailgator satellite, installed Roadmaster reflex steering stabilizer, front Hellwig sway bar, added spare tire and carrier under rear frame, recovered dinnette seat cushions. I think that is all that i have done so far. Next i will be replacing shocks with Koni’s but the jeep needed new shocks first and it is almost finished with tow set up so we have a second option to drag along for play and exploring. It never ends, just now that i have finished my off-road car and trailer set up the jeep is on the list for some upgrades now.
Hey Dgibbster,

I’m also looking to install solar and leveling in my 2019 Redhawk 25R. Want to pick your brains;

When you installed your solar, did you replace the battery in the step compartment with the Trojan battery? Did you install an inverter? Can you share a parts list and some photos?

When you installed the leveling system did you use the factory brackets for the jacks? And where did you locate the pump and equipment? Also can you share a parts list and photos? I was told my factory brackets are only for an equalizer system, and the jack mounting holes will not fit any other brand.

Thanks.
Old 12-25-2020, 05:17 PM   #69

@Johnynorthland, love all the things you've done to your rig. (regarding post from 10-31-2020). I'm interested in #31 (His/Her, wall mounted, Bedroom, cubby iPhone holders). Do you have pictures or any information on where you got the iPhone holders and how you mounted to wall?

2021 Jayco Redhawk 24B
Home Base: Colorado
Brian_HR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 05:36 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_HR View Post
@Johnynorthland, love all the things you've done to your rig. (regarding post from 10-31-2020). I'm interested in #31 (His/Her, wall mounted, Bedroom, cubby iPhone holders). Do you have pictures or any information on where you got the iPhone holders and how you mounted to wall?
No photos, it’s in storage for the holidays. But they were nothing special. I went to the container store and bought 2 clear plastic, wedged type, pen/pencil type holders and 3m tapped them to the wall. I can post pictures end of January when I’m back on the road.
Old 12-25-2020, 10:00 PM   #71

Thanks @Johnynorthland. That’s a really neat idea. I’ll have to check out the container store and see if I can find something. I like the idea of his & hers shelves where we can store our iPhones/watches. I’ll have to see how we can get power to each to charge overnight.

2021 Jayco Redhawk 24B
Home Base: Colorado
Brian_HR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 03:03 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_HR View Post
Thanks @Johnynorthland. That’s a really neat idea. I’ll have to check out the container store and see if I can find something. I like the idea of his & hers shelves where we can store our iPhones/watches. I’ll have to see how we can get power to each to charge overnight.
I installed 2 of these in our overhead cabinetry and tapped off the 12v reading lights.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZQJPJMB...p_mob_ap_share
Old 01-08-2021, 08:30 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by msherw View Post
Took the plastic Thetford toilet out and replaced with a Dometic porcelain with an add on bidet. This was a the best addition apart from the Honeywell digital room thermostat.

[ATTACH]Attachment 64977[/ATTACH]

I did the same today in my 2017 Greyhawk 31FS.

Nothing beats a clean bottom; helps the black tank drain better too with less TP in there.
mkallevant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:12 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzellers5 View Post
Bigger front tv on MorRyde mount.
What size TV did you go with? Did you change the OEM mount that Jayco gave? There isn’t much room up there where that wooden shelf intrudes as you swing the TV out.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 09:44 AM   #75

My daughter was emphatic that we purchase something with ROKU. What's ROKU? Not a clue. We're old, remember? But we complied and bought a Phillips 41" with ROKU.

As it turns out, ROKU makes your tv behave like a smartphone. Intuitive, senior citizen easy.

We then replaced the original electric swivel mount with a MOR/ryde TV1021H Double Arm Swivel TV Wall Mount (Amazon @ $115) made specifically for the rigors of rv use. This is the second one I've purchased for Class C units because they are heavy duty and very rigid, even at full extension. I mounted it in the same general location because that is where it is most structurally practical. It's important to get the vertical mounting location correct to be able to miss the curve of the roof if swung forward. Fully extended to the right it is great for viewing from the reclining loveseat.
Mzellers5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 12:50 PM   #76

Use of zero G type hose in outside shower

Has anyone replaced the forever bent original outdoor shower hose with a zero G type hose, and if so, what/how did you do it?
Old 03-14-2021, 12:52 PM   #77

How did you run the plumbing for the bidet and did it require electricity? Warm or only cold water??
Old 03-14-2021, 01:04 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyB View Post
Has anyone replaced the forever bent original outdoor shower hose with a zero G type hose, and if so, what/how did you do it?
I cut my outdoor shower hose and put a garden hose fitting on it with a hose clamp. Now I can use it with my ZerO G hose or back to shower wand with another fitting.
Attached Thumbnails
404EFDCB-931B-4936-BE08-09EB0CC020A5.jpeg  
Old 03-15-2021, 07:01 AM   #79

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
I cut my outdoor shower hose and put a garden hose fitting on it with a hose clamp. Now I can use it with my ZerO G hose or back to shower wand with another fitting.

Great idea! Our shower hose was leaking like crazy at both hose connections. The faucet end had no washer at all. Plumbers tape helped but I think I will use your method on the faucet end And... when needed, we can just attach the short white winterize hose that came with our Greyhawk.

Thanks for the tip!
JohnnyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 07:06 AM   #80

I might be in the minority, but I wish Jayco didn’t put the outdoor shower on their rigs. I’ve never used the outdoor shower for anything; as far as I’m concerned its just another branch in the plumbing w/ a bunch of fittings that can leak.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote