Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2018, 04:45 PM   #21

Johnboy
I also have a 2017 37TS and would like to better understand where you put the mat. You say you put it " fluffy side down". my question is down on what. can you post a picture
Oma/opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:26 PM   #22

The Mat is 4' long and I lay it across the top where the bed / drawer would pull out. The bottom drape also helps stabilize the mat across the void into the cab. Also I tried pulling the drawer out but then you let the heat in from the top of the cab. I took the mattress out and use it for storage. I don't have pictures of that or close by to take. Its in indoor storage 3 miles from our home. Sorry. Even a 5' piece of blue insulation foam will work and it can be stowed in the bed drawer. The dog pad rolls up and I bungee cored it for storage. Here is a link to the dog pad that I use. I just happen to have this in case I need it under the seneca for on the road emergencies. https://www.amazon.com/Petmate-Ortho...+sleeping+pads

hope this explanation helps
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:34 PM   #23

I appreciate the response but still do not understand..What drawer are you refering to, my cab over does not have one
Old 08-11-2018, 11:33 PM   #24

OPA Look at the attach Photo, does your Seneca have a bed over the cab?

Mine has a single bed VS a double as I have the entertainment center.

See the drawer under the TV with the 2 handles? That pulls out where the mattress is. But I took the mattress out and use it for storage. The dog pad lays across the area over the 2 seats. Or use a insulation foam board.

John
Boy
Attached Thumbnails
Seneca-Ent.jpg  
Old 08-12-2018, 05:29 AM   #25

Johnboy

Excuse my ignorance. It did not make sense to me as I had never seen one with the entertainment center option. Nice solution with that option.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #26

One of the big problem with modern rv's are the slideouts. They just don't have room for insulation. At night or when away try pulling in one or both slideouts. When I stop to sleep (on generator) for a couple of hours I leave the slide(s) in if possible. When the slides are open all you have is a rubber seal and usually no insulation on the bottom.
putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:57 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by putz View Post
One of the big problem with modern rv's are the slideouts. They just don't have room for insulation. At night or when away try pulling in one or both slideouts. When I stop to sleep (on generator) for a couple of hours I leave the slide(s) in if possible. When the slides are open all you have is a rubber seal and usually no insulation on the bottom.

Also with slides IN there is less circulating air volume requiring cooling.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:31 PM   #28

Yea, there was no need for a full bed for just the 2 of us and the Entertainment center is a great option and still have a single bed if needed,
Old 08-15-2018, 12:11 PM   #29

Possible Solution...

Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:04 PM   #30

I have a house in Mohave Valley, AZ across the river from Needles, CA and up river a little from Pirates Cove. We have had many friends camp there, although we have not taken our coach there. I have camped many times in 100+ degree temps directly in the sun. I am able to get the temps down into the 80s if the front door is kept closed, all window blinds down and the front window sun reflector shades up.

The biggest effect, like others have said, is the front cab area and I found the Heatsheild to be the best and most reasonable price. I also have a Sunpro setup. You can see all the information at this topic https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ver-50523.html

As for the fridge, the Fridge-Fix product made a huge difference in the Norcold we have.
Old 09-08-2023, 05:41 PM   #31

Exclamation

We have a 2019 Jayco Seneca 37TS. We are currently in Havasu at Black Meadows. We love this RV park. We came from a 2014 Thor Majestic. Inside that coach we had one AC and black out shades and everything with two fans it was manageable. We may need to resort back to these methods with our Seneca. We have the AC set to 66 and the RV inside is 89 degrees right now. We have the sun pro shade system for the front cab as well as a window blockers on the inside. All black out shades are down on the coach. I was hoping spending close to $ 200,000 on a used coach would get me to be cool inside like a Class A diesel pusher. My parents have a 2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and there coach is 70 degrees inside. Kind of embarrassing when I bought a new coach. That is my rant. I do have some questions hopefully someone can answer.

1. My fridge compartment had a black fan broken laying side the bottom cabinet. Does anyone know where this mounts too?
2. The top cabinet of the Fridge (closer to the roof has a panel inside, is this how other peoples coaches are built? I thought that Jayco forgot to cut the panel cause it is blocking 90% of the airflow from the fridge.

I also have AGS issues that my generator was trying to start while on shore power. I disconnected that unit until I can get home to inspect it. I also have a Furrion convection microwave running with no heat by itself. So it has been a disappointing trip for sure.

Here are two photos if anyone can help.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vjeh4W5vFABcB5Rg9
mxracer9111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 06:03 PM   #32

Fridge and AC issues

We have a 2019 Jayco Seneca 37TS. We are currently in Havasu at Black Meadows. We love this RV park. We came from a 2014 Thor Majestic. Inside that coach we had one AC and black out shades and everything with two fans it was manageable. We may need to resort back to these methods with our Seneca. We have the AC set to 66 and the RV inside is 89 degrees right now. We have the sun pro shade system for the front cab as well as a window blockers on the inside. All black out shades are down on the coach. I was hoping spending close to $ 200,000 on a used coach would get me to be cool inside like a Class A diesel pusher. My parents have a 2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and there coach is 70 degrees inside. Kind of embarrassing when I bought a new coach. That is my rant. I do have some questions hopefully someone can answer.

1. My fridge compartment had a black fan broken laying side the bottom cabinet. Does anyone know where this mounts too?
2. The top cabinet of the Fridge (closer to the roof has a panel inside, is this how other peoples coaches are built? I thought that Jayco forgot to cut the panel cause it is blocking 90% of the airflow from the fridge.

I also have AGS issues that my generator was trying to start while on shore power. I disconnected that unit until I can get home to inspect it. I also have a Furrion convection microwave running with no heat by itself. So it has been a disappointing trip for sure.

Here are two photos if anyone can help.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20230908_114452898.jpg   IMG_20230908_163506526_HDR.jpg  
Old 09-08-2023, 06:05 PM   #33

Can't address the fan, but the panel seems to be installed correctly since it directs the air over the top coils of the fridge.

Right from the install manual: Make sure the baffle is even with the bottom edge of the upper exhaust vent.
Old 09-08-2023, 06:07 PM   #34

Thank you. I will make sure it is even. If you can find where there is a fan that should be installed please let me know. Fridge is unsafe and is spoiling milk. I have a year and a half old so I am trying to figure this out. I appreciate it.
Old 09-08-2023, 06:16 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer9111 View Post
Thank you. I will make sure it is even. If you can find where there is a fan that should be installed please let me know. Fridge is unsafe and is spoiling milk. I have a year and a half old so I am trying to figure this out. I appreciate it.
Are you using gas or elec? It should cool better on gas in hot weather.
Old 09-08-2023, 07:31 PM   #36

As far as the AC goes, it probably needs some clean up work. Here is a thread about cleaning up the ducting and doing a mod to make it better. We are currently in the Florida Keys and it was 93 degrees today, 86% humidity, setting in full sun, upper bunk curtain closed and cab opening covered with a curtain and no curtain or blackout shade closed. We are only running one AC, thermostat set at 68 and the inside stays 69-70 all day long. This mod and cleanup is WELL worth the time. The fan you found laying is mounted about half way up the back of the fridge to blow air past the coils, looks like a fan blade fell off. I have posted a pic showing the fans looking up from the bottom vent, they can also be seen looking down from the top and are towards the top vent.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ods-81502.html

Jaycos installation of our fridge was a mess. The upper interior baffle was installed backwards, directing heat into the cabinet instead of out the vent, the wood baffle you show was installed to high, blocking of most of the vent and the fridge cavity was totally uninsulated. I have attached a diagram showing the measurements for the installation and another of my plywood panel, the line is the height it should have been installed to and I cut it down and added more cooling fans to force the warm air out. Later I insulated the cabinet and while this all made the fridge better, it still would not cool properly and I installed a JC Refrigeration HVAC compressor cooling unit that basically turns the Norcold into a residential fridge and now the freezer stays -1 degree and the fridge at 36 degrees even in 100+ heat.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...old-77850.html

I have a 2018.5 and I had an AGS that had a mind of its own, even when disabled, the generator would start totally randomly at night or day, plugged into shore power or not. magnum had a bad batch of modules and I got mine replaced under warranty and never had the problem again. If you search there are a couple threads on it.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5896.jpg   fnMRdfx-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg   jTZZwP2-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg   5dCfNMW-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 10:01 PM   #37

We recently stayed in Las Vegas with 110+ temps and had no problem keeping our 2022 37M cool to 70-72 during the day. If we were home, we put the main awning out right away and that seemed to help. Our rig is the mostly black paint scheme and we use the factory window covers inside the cab and a thick blanket between the cab and the main living area. I also installed the RV airflow insert into the front A/C. I was amazed at how poorly the factory sealed the area inside the A/C. A very cheap upgrade is to take the inside panel off and just tape up all the holes.
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 01:03 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Are you using gas or elec? It should cool better on gas in hot weather.
I had no idea gas would run better in heat. I will switch the fridge to that. It is on electric now.

I was thinking of wiring a boat fan to blow up into the compartment to my lithium battery. Thank you for your reply.
Old 09-09-2023, 01:05 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
As far as the AC goes, it probably needs some clean up work. Here is a thread about cleaning up the ducting and doing a mod to make it better. We are currently in the Florida Keys and it was 93 degrees today, 86% humidity, setting in full sun, upper bunk curtain closed and cab opening covered with a curtain and no curtain or blackout shade closed. We are only running one AC, thermostat set at 68 and the inside stays 69-70 all day long. This mod and cleanup is WELL worth the time. The fan you found laying is mounted about half way up the back of the fridge to blow air past the coils, looks like a fan blade fell off. I have posted a pic showing the fans looking up from the bottom vent, they can also be seen looking down from the top and are towards the top vent.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ods-81502.html

Jaycos installation of our fridge was a mess. The upper interior baffle was installed backwards, directing heat into the cabinet instead of out the vent, the wood baffle you show was installed to high, blocking of most of the vent and the fridge cavity was totally uninsulated. I have attached a diagram showing the measurements for the installation and another of my plywood panel, the line is the height it should have been installed to and I cut it down and added more cooling fans to force the warm air out. Later I insulated the cabinet and while this all made the fridge better, it still would not cool properly and I installed a JC Refrigeration HVAC compressor cooling unit that basically turns the Norcold into a residential fridge and now the freezer stays -1 degree and the fridge at 36 degrees even in 100+ heat.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...old-77850.html

I have a 2018.5 and I had an AGS that had a mind of its own, even when disabled, the generator would start totally randomly at night or day, plugged into shore power or not. magnum had a bad batch of modules and I got mine replaced under warranty and never had the problem again. If you search there are a couple threads on it.
I appreciate your whole response. I am going to go through some of these procedures this weekend into Monday. Especially with temperatures being 113 in Havasu this weekend. If I have any questions I may DM you if that is okay.
Old 09-09-2023, 01:07 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post
We recently stayed in Las Vegas with 110+ temps and had no problem keeping our 2022 37M cool to 70-72 during the day. If we were home, we put the main awning out right away and that seemed to help. Our rig is the mostly black paint scheme and we use the factory window covers inside the cab and a thick blanket between the cab and the main living area. I also installed the RV airflow insert into the front A/C. I was amazed at how poorly the factory sealed the area inside the A/C. A very cheap upgrade is to take the inside panel off and just tape up all the holes.
Thank you for the product info. I will be buying this when I get home and follow some steps from Rusty nuts too. I had no idea they made an insert to direct the air better.