Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-19-2019, 12:06 PM   #81

Does that mean you are paying for two Sirius subscriptions?
GAD36H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:16 PM   #82
Lost in the Woods

The Sirius module comes with a 3 month trial, then a subscription kicks in. It will be a $10/month add on to my existing account when the trial ends.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:01 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAD36H View Post
I have a portable Sirius radio that I move from my truck to the motorhome as necessary. I just had to purchase a second car connect kit. I also have a Garmin RV770LMT GPSr. The only thing I use that crappy Soundstream unit for is the backup camera... and that's nothing to write home about.
Spoiler alert- the camera isn't the issue. I have a Kenwood DNX875S installed and I was surprised at how well the camera performs. The limitations, of course, is the Soundstream.
eeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:20 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeek View Post
Spoiler alert- the camera isn't the issue. I have a Kenwood DNX875S installed and I was surprised at how well the camera performs. The limitations, of course, is the Soundstream.
Well that is no surprise.

Ender on the road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:11 AM   #85

Junk. Clunky to use can’t see screen, and now the entire touchscreen does not respond. The only way to activate is through remote, but using remote has limitations getting to drop down menus.
SteveCF027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 01:21 PM   #86

We replaced the crappy sound stream head unit with a Kenwood DNX697S.
We bought it at a local sound shop and let them install it.

We like the improvements a lot.

Todd
Texas is currently home
Tockert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:10 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro01 View Post
Not a fan so far of the sound stream... Do any of the aftermarket options support the cameras? Would love to swap this thing out for something that's better but if it won't support the cameras it's not worth it naturally...

My biggest complaint, by far, is the angle of the display... You can barely see it from the driver seat which seems a bit odd if you're trying to use it as an actual navigable GPS system...

I'm looking into phone mounts for my iPhone since it looks like I'll be using Apple/Google maps for GPS going forward since I can at least see it... LOL

Thanks,
Jeff
A number of owners on the forum have swapped out the SoundStream for Kenwood receivers. Kenwood has a wide selection of double DIN chassis receivers and many support the cameras. You only need one camera input as Jayco has a multiplexer already installed that feeds all 3 cameras ( L-R mirror and backup) into one camera input. Many Kenwoods have DVD playback capability, Apple Carplay and GPS (not RV specific). Look for discontinued models as they can be found new at e-Bay much cheaper than the current models and really don't sacrifice much compared to new. I went with a discontinued Kenwood DDX595 as it had actual knobs and buttons which I like better than all touch screen and I paid around $230. Quality, sound, and camera picture and response is much better than with the Soundstream. It doesn't have GPS but have that covered with my Garmin RV770.
dergar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:16 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dergar View Post
A number of owners on the forum have swapped out the SoundStream for Kenwood receivers. Kenwood has a wide selection of double DIN chassis receivers and many support the cameras. You only need one camera input as Jayco has a multiplexer already installed that feeds all 3 cameras ( L-R mirror and backup) into one camera input. Many Kenwoods have DVD playback capability, Apple Carplay and GPS (not RV specific). Look for discontinued models as they can be found new at e-Bay much cheaper than the current models and really don't sacrifice much compared to new. I went with a discontinued Kenwood DDX595 as it had actual knobs and buttons which I like better than all touch screen and I paid around $230. Quality, sound, and camera picture and response is much better than with the Soundstream. It doesn't have GPS but have that covered with my Garmin RV770.
I replaced the Soundstream with Sony. 55 amplifier and equalizer. Very happy with sound and CarPlay.
Snapchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:13 PM   #89

I replaced Soundstream with the Alpine INE-W970HD. I wanted Apple CarPlay. Cameras work well. I like the manual volume buttons that let me change volume easily while driving. I wish screen was a little bigger. Also replaced door speakers with Alpines. Sound is improved.
yellowlab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
soundstream