Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-02-2020, 01:29 PM   #1

Thermostat changes set temp

We are planning a trip, next week and as such, I have yet to winterize. As temps are dropping into the low 20s upper teens, I went out and set my furnace to 45 F - gas furnace mode to just keep things happy. This has happened several times to me and I chalked it up to me messing with the settings or screwing it up in some way or another, however, last night I paid close attention to the set point and even waited around about 10 min to ensure that the setpoint remained at 45F. HOWEVER, to my surprise, this morning, I came out to find the heat set to 70F.

Has anyone else seen this out of their airexcel / coleman mach hp/ atwood setup on their Seneca? -What causes it, how do you prevent it?!?!
Old 12-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #2

Like you, I've seen it happen and always assumed it was something I was doing. Any chance of a power interruption?

Might be time to send an email to Airxcel Tech Support?
Old 12-02-2020, 02:14 PM   #3

I am doubtful of a power interruption as the RV is in my storage building that also has a few pieces of electronics that I have 24-hr monitoring on, which include power interruptions. If something farts in there, I usually know about it within the time it takes to read a text message. :-)

I'm glad to know I'm not crazy and that at least one other person has had this happen.

I think I might email airexcel. I'll post if I get any response.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:32 AM   #4

Here is air excel's reply to me.
Quote:
This sounds like we are losing or momentarily dropping the voltage to the thermostat (12vdc), as if the voltage is removed or drops to the thermostat it will automatically revert back to the factory set point. If this is the case the problem is not the thermostat, but the supply voltage is. Hope this kelps.
I will dig into the 12v issue, however, I'm extremely skeptical that it is dropping. As I mentioned, the coach is on 50A service and batteries are in excellent condition. The likelihood of both the batteries being depleted and the converter not working or shore power dropping (without setting off alarms of sensitive electronics) at the same exact instant seems unreasonable. I've asked the tech if there are any other possible conditions that would cause the thermostat to reset; hoping he might be able to come up with something else.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis02 View Post
Here is air excel's reply to me.

I will dig into the 12v issue, however, I'm extremely skeptical that it is dropping. As I mentioned, the coach is on 50A service and batteries are in excellent condition. The likelihood of both the batteries being depleted and the converter not working or shore power dropping (without setting off alarms of sensitive electronics) at the same exact instant seems unreasonable. I've asked the tech if there are any other possible conditions that would cause the thermostat to reset; hoping he might be able to come up with something else.
When we shut the 12v coach power off (when fueling propane in certain states) and use the shutoff switch at the main door. When we power up after fueling, the Tstats are reset to 70F.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:59 AM   #6

Sounds like looking up the owners manual on the thermostat is in order.

Then a call off to their customer service department

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote