Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-09-2021, 09:47 AM   #1

Video upgrade

Hi has anyone ever replaced the RCA cables in their class c to HDMI? When watching videos on the dash DVD player all tv’s have a poor image with a lot of static. Is it possible to ground the RCA cables to get a better picture? Has anyone ever improved their picture? Is there a known airy I should be looking into to fix this issue? And if it is possible to replace with RCA cables how hard is it?
Itwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 11:50 AM   #2

I'm not sure which coach you have but my RCA cables are snaked thru the walls - there's no way I'd even think about pulling them thru with a long HDMI cable attached.

The distribution box behind our TV is coax too, not HMDI.

My head unit doesn't have HDMI and only plays standard DVDs, not BluRays anyway. Plus the sound setup is totally borked.

A few years ago, $50 bought me a dedicated BluRay player and solved our problem. These days, we bring along a FireStick TV device and stream everything.
Old 02-09-2021, 07:54 PM   #3

I just feed the TV directly from a little Sony Blue Ray player via HDMI. So much easier! Dash unit is a joke. I also have Direct TV and all these things fit basically on the bed below the TV and do not block the sleeping arrangement.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:05 PM   #4

CAT6 has the same bandwidth and data transmission rate as HDMI. You can use the CAT6 with an RJ45 connector and then an adapter to HDMI. CAT6 is inexpensive and easy to run and snake thru an RV.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:15 PM   #5

I am trying to install a Jensen JWM62A to replace Furrion DV1200. I think I have all of the speaker wires connected and the unit has power but there is no sound and the TV has no signal when I try to use the DVD player. At this point I'm stumped. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions from anyone that knows more about electronics than I do.
Jim O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:22 PM   #6

Jim - this won't be much help, but if it were me - I'd NOT push the new Jensen back into the dash yet. I'd leave it out until things are working.

I'd grab an old, small TV set lying around and some shorter RCA cables. I'd hook the TV directly to the back of the headunit and convince myself that the jacks I picked are the right ones. Then plug in the RV wires until something shows up on the RV TV.

Tags
dvd rca hdmi