Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2020, 07:43 PM   #21

water filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steb View Post
We bought a new 2019 Redhawk. Does anyone know: do these come with a water filter already in the canister?
we have a Jayco Melbourne found our canister filter under the sink got our replacement on Amazon.
mgsieren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 08:04 PM   #22

After struggling to replace that canister filter every year, I brought it back to the dealer after it rip through the quarter inch Louan backing 3X, under my bathroom sink, I bought it back one last time to the dealer and made them put in toggle bolts, that I had to supply for them! And now I run it with an external filter no cartridge anymore, too much of a hassle!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 12:22 PM   #23

I have a 2016 Redhawk and it is located in the cabinet under the sink
Not the best place but not too bad.
Shut off water opened faucet to let out pressure then close valves on either side of filter.
Put a thick hand towel under it and it wasn't that difficult to change filter.
I also use the inline filter outside as a pre-filter then I use a carbon under the sink.
I buy the two pack and change every six months since we are full time.
Weatherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:21 AM   #24

totally agree. worst place to put it which is where all the electrical lines, Power surge protector along with the wires going to the electrical panel. Don't bother with it anymore. easier to use a external one to the water hose.
vmlopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 12:46 AM   #25

Does anyone know where the filter is on a 2021 Greyhawk 27U? I looked under the sink but just saw the red/blue water lines coming in.

Maybe I didn't look hard enough?
907-Jayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 05:46 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907-Jayco View Post
Does anyone know where the filter is on a 2021 Greyhawk 27U? I looked under the sink but just saw the red/blue water lines coming in.

Maybe I didn't look hard enough?
I thought most were behind the water hookups. May have to remove the wall from the storage area to access it. Let's see if anyone else truly knows because I'm guessing.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 06:51 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
I thought most were behind the water hookups. May have to remove the wall from the storage area to access it. Let's see if anyone else truly knows because I'm guessing.
Okay, I found it...mystery solved!

You were right, there is a removable panel under the wardrobe closet that hides the water pump and filter. On the Greyhawk 27U, the rear slide needs to be all the way out. The access panel is under the wardrobe closet/drawers. Hides the water pump (lower LH side) and the filter/housing.

Anyone know what that mysterious orange plug is coming off the water pump, just to the left of the filter housing?
Attached Thumbnails
Water Filter.jpg  
907-Jayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:16 AM   #28

That’s a bad spot! Have you tried to remove it yet? Mine, (in my 19 Redhawk 25R), is located under my bathroom sink, factory mounted it by just screwing it in to the luan, every time I tried to remove the canister, it ripped the screws right out, finally, I had molly anchors installed, but it’s still tuff to get to.

I finally removed the cartridge and only use the inline blue filter on my hose. (We don’t drink our tank water) I’m thinking of deleting the canister, altogether, it will give us a bit more space, and give me one less step if I winterize.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:55 AM   #29

The filter is gone on ours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
That’s a bad spot! Have you tried to remove it yet? Mine, (in my 19 Redhawk 25R), is located under my bathroom sink, factory mounted it by just screwing it in to the luan, every time I tried to remove the canister, it ripped the screws right out, finally, I had molly anchors installed, but it’s still tuff to get to.

I finally removed the cartridge and only use the inline blue filter on my hose. (We don’t drink our tank water) I’m thinking of deleting the canister, altogether, it will give us a bit more space, and give me one less step if I winterize.
Our filter canister has been removed altogether. ... put a connector inline where the filter once was. The complaints of not enough room to swing the wrench and insecure mounting are common; we had them both. And like you, we don't drink from the campgrounds water supply. We're using a lot less Imodium.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote