Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2021, 03:23 AM   #21

I ran into the same problem with water heater not working on my second trip. Turned out it was the fuse link. When I called a friend that was the first thing he had me check. I now keep a package in my tool box.
JB58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 05:27 AM   #22

No hotwater

Oh well never experienced the fuse link problem before good to check that
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:46 AM   #23

Not sure on the year of your Greyhawk, but above the rocker switches on the control board is a light for pump (onboard water pump) and FLT. The light is on when the water pump is on and when the Gas water heater doesn't start. I don't believe it does anything for electric WH. If you haven't used it in a few days, sometimes you need to turn the gas on/off a few times to get the gas flowing and starting. Mine only tries to ignite 3-4x before fault light comes on and I need to turn it off and back on. If I haven't driven in a while, I'll start up all 3 burners on the range to get air out of the system and then try the gas WH. Does the light come on the switch when you turn gas or electric on? If you have the amp monitoring on the control panel and you turn electric on, do the amps jump up 10 or so?

I'd look at the breaker panel as well and make sure its on/not tripped. Perhaps gas didn't work and you tried electric while AC was running and it popped?
Old 07-16-2021, 12:15 AM   #24

On Demand Hot Water Heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffk365 View Post
Hey all, looking for some advice
Traded in our Grand Design 5th wheel out on the second trip with our Greyhawk 29 MV and can not get the water heater to work. Interior LP and electric switches on and illuminated, by pass valves in the correct position, pulled the pressure relief valve and water came out so know there is water in the tank so not sure what to check next. Wife does not like cold showers so any advice would be appreciated.. thanks
My Greyhawk is a 2015 and has a on demand hot water heater. There is a hidden fuse on the front of the unit...you have to look at it real hard below the on off button and it can be tripped when you turn off the propane. Found it during a propane refill. It is an odd fuse. Hope this helps!
Shay
ShaysWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 08:23 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaysWay View Post
My Greyhawk is a 2015 and has a on demand hot water heater. There is a hidden fuse on the front of the unit...you have to look at it real hard below the on off button and it can be tripped when you turn off the propane. Found it during a propane refill. It is an odd fuse. Hope this helps!
Shay

Mine too. But when the OP said electric and propane and mentioned pulling the relief valve, I figured that meant he had a tank, not tankless, heater.