Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-30-2021, 02:44 PM   #1

Haloview vs. Furrion Vision

I'm looking at purchasing a new backup camera with the side marker cameras. I'm interested in your opinions between the Haloview and Furrion Vision systems. It's around $500 for the Haloview and $800 for the Furrion...which to me is a quit a bit! Just curious which one y'all think is better and why?

Thanks as always!
Old 01-30-2021, 03:39 PM   #2

I associate Furrion with cheaper components and more failures. I haven't been impressed with their tv's or radios. Not sure about their camera system. If I'm spending that kind of money it better be a rear observation camera (can be used driving down the road) and not just a backup camera (only used while backing up).
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 03:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
I'm looking at purchasing a new backup camera with the side marker cameras. I'm interested in your opinions between the Haloview and Furrion Vision systems. It's around $500 for the Haloview and $800 for the Furrion...which to me is a quit a bit! Just curious which one y'all think is better and why?

Thanks as always!

The Furrion is overpriced and limited in its usefulness imho. It was really the only thing available when I got mine. (In a wireless setup). It works ok but you can’t change the screen view layout and you can’t adjust the side cameras to view a little further inward or outward. My rear camera died from water intrusion into the camera connection so I have to replace it with the shark fin because they don’t sell the red marker light camera separately, which isn’t a big deal other than the mounting is different and I’ll have to patch 4 screw holes (and reinstall the original marker light). What I like about it is I can (when they all worked) view all cameras simultaneously, which is nice when you’re using it inside for a security system or even when driving in traffic. However, I believe the newer ones don’t have this feature.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 03:50 PM   #4

My image of Furrion is they thrive by selling cheap to RV manufacturers and getting their stuff pre wired for easy DIY. Their quality is perfect positioned to be included in new units.
Old 01-30-2021, 05:10 PM   #5

I’m in full agreement about he Furrion product being crap. My current Furrion backup camera is toast from water intrusion. I just couldn’t believe that it was $300 more than the Haloview. Wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something.
Old 01-30-2021, 07:27 PM   #6

Now I just need to see if my mother will spring for the Haloview for my birthday present!
Old 01-31-2021, 07:42 PM   #7

I bought the Haloview with rear and two side view cameras. I'm totally satisfied after season. Way better than the factory rearview that came with the unit.
morleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 07:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by morleyz View Post
I bought the Haloview with rear and two side view cameras. I'm totally satisfied after season. Way better than the factory rearview that came with the unit.

Thanks morleyz...it’s this type of review I was hoping to get on the Haloview.
Old 02-02-2021, 10:00 AM   #9

We've been using the Furrion Vision S for 2-1/2 years and it's been flawless, has not lost signal one time and the image is great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote