Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2018, 01:06 PM   #21

Electric Load

We it’s almost 100deg here in North Dakota. We have. Jayco Eagle 29.5. The air is humming, so on days when it’s real hot out and the air is running to its max; to combat an overload in the system everything elects is running on gas; water heater, and fridge. By dining so I know I’m not overloading my internal breakers and I’m not forcing any other load through the internal an external electric panels. And the fridge and hot water heater do not use that much gas. It’s a lot cheaper then rewireing the internal electric system.
JKnox8688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:47 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhornauer67 View Post
I will check the numbers that 2naEagle suggested. This is a 2018. No axle adjustment holes as it is factory Moryde 3000. The tires are huge 255. So lowering trailer axle may cause tire rubbing. I will measure the bed distance but it is ginormous. Think in the 8-9 range. Also Ram with factory airbags, This thing will not squat unless I move the slider back. There looks to be an extra hole in the pin box. Being the newer rubber Moryde, it also looks lower than previous Northpoints.
I too have the factory air on my '16 Ram. Are you pushing the "Alt Trailer Height" button? Only asking because when hooked up the airbags are trying to push the rear end back up in the air...so when hooked up you will be nose high on the 377. When I hook up to my 377 and hit the "Alt Trailer Height" button, my rear end will lower about 1-1.5 inches...making the trailer sit more level. I've measured my clearance when hooked up and I have exactly 13' 5" height from the front A/C. I should add that I don't have the puck system and have my B&W sitting in rails that I installed. Here's a pic when hooked up:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5027.jpg  
Old 08-18-2018, 02:19 PM   #23

What’s your bed rail clearance Danno?
13’5” sounds like a reasonable height.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 02:27 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
You had to ask me a question that I don't remember the exact answer to! I believe it's around 6".

Edit: I know I took a tape measure to it and it wasn't anything that I was worried about. The more I think about it...it was between 5" & 6". I know that if I wanted more, I could raise the B&W...it sits in it's lowest setting.
Old 08-19-2018, 04:25 PM   #25

You might look into a low profile AC. I read where some of the Jayco's that are level are still to high and Jayco exchanged the AC for a low profile.
You will have to look up the height. One of the makes show 9 1/2 in.
putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:28 PM   #26

I would switch hitches... my 2018 377 sits right at 13'4" with the B&W companion hitch with after market adjustable airbags. My hitch is at its lowest setting, and pin box is in factory spot. I have 35in tires on with leveling kit on front. I've got 6.5 inches of bed rail clearance. Now this is with a 2017 GMC 3500 SRW Denali. I did talk to my dealer and you can have your pin box adjusted to its highest setting but your only gonna get about 1 to 1.5 inches lower out of it. Make sure if you do it yourself you have a few friends handy and your hooked up to our 5thwheel in your truck. That pin box is about 300lbs or more. As for the Anderson setup your likely to be higher with it. And as a professional driver and mechanic I would recommend against this setup with a high profile 5thwheel. The Anderson allows too much side to side sway with cross winds. I have seen more the a dozen big 5thwheels laid on their sides from this hitch. Smaller 30 footer or maybe even a low profile 34 footer heck yeah the Anderson is amazing but not for the big boys. And the 377 is notoriously top heavy not a good combination for the Anderson hitch.
Mad5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:49 PM   #27

Danno what size bed do you have on your dually?

I have the 6'4" on my '16 3500 Mega Cab. My understanding is we need the sliders for clearance issues.

2018 Jayco North Point 377RLBH
Cruze108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:55 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruze108 View Post
Danno what size bed do you have on your dually?

I have the 6'4" on my '16 3500 Mega Cab. My understanding is we need the sliders for clearance issues.
Same bed as you....I have the B&W Companion manual slider. I've only used the slider one time....and that was on my 2500. I haven't had to use it on the 3500...yet!
Old 08-28-2018, 09:47 AM   #29

Quote:

I pick up the 5'er tomorrow. I'll remeasure my bed rail clearance for you then.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:43 PM   #30

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
I pick up the 5'er tomorrow. I'll remeasure my bed rail clearance for you then.
I picked it up a day early...Your questions' being killing me that I couldn't remember the measurement. Apparently my memory isn't what it used to be! I've got about 9 3/4" of clearance from my bed rails...subtract an inch for my bed cover rails, so I'm sitting at approx 8 3/4" of clearance.

If it helps anyone else out there my TV specks are: 16' Ram Mega-Cab 3500 Dually with the factory air & 410 rear end. Hitch is a B&W, Companion manual slider on rails & set at the lowest setting.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2212.jpg  
Old 08-28-2018, 09:16 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
I picked it up a day early...Your questions' being killing me that I couldn't remember the measurement. Apparently my memory isn't what it used to be! I've got about 9 3/4" of clearance from my bed rails...subtract an inch for my bed cover rails, so I'm sitting at approx 8 3/4" of clearance.

If it helps anyone else out there my TV specks are: 16' Ram Mega-Cab 3500 Dually with the factory air & 410 rear end. Hitch is a B&W, Companion manual slider on rails & set at the lowest setting.
What is the measurement at the rear of the box corner. That is where its critical. Its there that will touch the shiny underside of your bedroom.
If you sit perfectly level it should be the same as front but it doesn't take much to make a difference.
Cheers
Watsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:17 AM   #32

I had a similar problem with my 2018 355MBQS. The problem was my 2nd AC, it was a regular AC and should've been a low profile. I contacted Jayco directly and they sent someone while I was on vacation in Myrtle Beach and replaced it at no charge.

I'm towing with a 2016 Ram 3500 SRW with the puck system. I'm now at 13' 4".
geoboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote