Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2015, 12:33 PM   #141

That's a no brainer.

P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:05 PM   #142

I had the hydraulic on my previous rig. Never had a problem with it. Also, a very robust system. It would sometimes lift one side of the 5er wheels completely off the ground to level it.

MantyGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:19 PM   #143

Well, after reading all 15 pages of posts here and all the problems everyone is having, I would never buy either system. My system levels just fine by hand. It is the 36 ft 33.5RETS 5th wheeler. I just use boards on side to side leveling if any are needed and the plastic blocks under the stabilizer pads. Not been a problem and I sure don't want the headaches most of you are having!

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #144

We opted for the new camper with the self leveling system because I can't move as good as I once could. I was hurt fighting a fire a few years ago and only have 7% movement in my right ankle. Was kind of hoping that after this many years working with these systems they would have the bugs worked out. Not even close. We will figure out the measurements soon and it will be ok.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:36 PM   #145

Mike,
You will figure it out. Just returned from an extended trip wher I set up in six different campgrounds. I had successful auto levels at last four campsites. Some of what I learned:
I used bubble levels I put on camper to either block wheels on one side or to not let the front legs down as much if sloping front to rear.
If I block wheels on one side, I also block the 3 jacks on that side as well. Trick is to not let a jack hit the end of its stroke before it can reach level.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:16 PM   #146

For you guys using 3.0 with mixed results, not including a jack physically running out of stroke, how often are you seeing the Jack lose enough lifting power to level and throwing an error, and if so what kind of maximum left to right off level in degrees are you seeing before it does so.

It seems a lot of the new 3.0 owners and users are more accepting and acknowledging that this system is more of a stabilization system and less of a "heavy lifting" leveling system, as many are using manual means of doing the heavy lifting of the leveling (left to right mostly). Many of us 2.0 users have been up in arms in believing the system should be able to level up to 1.5 degrees left or right off center (Lippert spec) as a true leveling system.

It brings me much pain, to be backing onto blocks, or planks with my Seismic at the campsite when a competitors 5er pulls up next door and the owner unhooks, presses one button, and watches his hydraulic leveling system level the coach, which is what I thought I was buying when I chose the "6pt leveling system" option at sales time.

I won't beat the dead horse anymore. Please keep the experiences you have with the system coming, as one way or another they benefit our community of owners.

Enjoy the rest of the season.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:42 PM   #147

When we purchased our 36reqs the fridg and layout was important in my decision to purchase. Didn't go for the auto levelers but after the first year I wished i had. This spring I went down to Quadra mfg (Bigfoot) in White Pigeon , Michigan and had them put on a 6pt leveling system. This leveling system is great. Been out several times and some pretty unlevel sites not a problem. The two front jacks are 17,000 lb each and the rear four are 12,000 each . Plenty of power to level. The 6pt has four separate hyd systems to level with their own pump. The only issue is you have to pay attention when you unhook because it is much faster than the old electric jacks. With all the issues I can't amagine Jayco not addressing this issue.
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:34 PM   #148

Clayton, can you say roughly how much the bigfoot system was? I think part of the newer owners acceptance is at least two fold. First, Jayco is now saying that you have to start on a level surface before using the "auto-leveling"/stabilization system, so the expectations are not as high. When we were buying our campers they were were still advertising that these systems were still true auto leveling systems (chuckle chuckle *snort*) which they clearly are not. Second, I may be way off base here, but it doesn't seem that they had experience with the hydraulic system before using the electric. My last coach (evergreen bayhill) had the hydraulic system, so I naturally assumed that this electric system would function the same, just slower. How wrong I have been!

As P25ct has stated, keep the responses coming and keep calling Jayco with the "fail to level" error messages. So far, their way of addressing it is to now say to start on a level surface. They did not used to say that. Only with enough complaints will they do something. At best, this system is false advertising.
djtho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:39 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtho1 View Post
Clayton, can you say roughly how much the bigfoot system was? I think part of the newer owners acceptance is at least two fold. First, Jayco is now saying that you have to start on a level surface before using the "auto-leveling"/stabilization system, so the expectations are not as high. When we were buying our campers they were were still advertising that these systems were still true auto leveling systems (chuckle chuckle *snort*) which they clearly are not. Second, I may be way off base here, but it doesn't seem that they had experience with the hydraulic system before using the electric. My last coach (evergreen bayhill) had the hydraulic system, so I naturally assumed that this electric system would function the same, just slower. How wrong I have been!

As P25ct has stated, keep the responses coming and keep calling Jayco with the "fail to level" error messages. So far, their way of addressing it is to now say to start on a level surface. They did not used to say that. Only with enough complaints will they do something. At best, this system is false advertising.

I paid around 4,600 for it not cheap but worth it to me not getting frustrated with a system that is fussy. The biggest issue was having to weld the brackets to the frame . If it was a factory option I am sure it would much cheaper . Their cylinders are lifetime warranty for leaks ect.
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:37 PM   #150

As I have stated before, my system MUST be nose below grade or it will never auto level. The other problem will be, Jayco will figure out this system is bogus; we'll be stuck with it and they'll fix it mid year 2016 and switch to the Big Foot system. The problems are Lippert makes the frames for Jayco so I assume that's why they use their systems.
If I am over 1% off grade it will fail. If I don't put the 6" x 6" blocks under each jack, it will fail. If the battery is not at 13.8 it will fail as it draws too many amps when it gets to the final stages. When you hear that dreaded "click" from the battery compartment you know you've just failed. (Getting ready to upgrade to more/better batteries) Mine will lift the unit up to 8" before it strokes out provided the blocks are under the jacks. I try to keep it so I am only about 3-5" away from the blocks with the leveler feet. We shall see what Friday brings... Stay tuned

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2014 Ford F-350 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote