Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-01-2018, 04:08 PM   #1

2018 Jayco Eagle BHDS water leak

I have searched and cannot find a thread on our issue. We have water leaking out from under the kitchen sink cabinet but when we check the cabinet and pull the drawers the flooring under the cabinet is dry. We noticed this shortly after we started traveling but never went to a location with a Jayco dealer. I called the Jayco service center to find out the location of the fresh water tank and they said it is under the floor, under the sink cabinet, there does not appear to be an access to it from under the cabinet nor under the trailer??? We have not been using the tank and thought it was drained but the gauge says it has 1/3 tank of water.

The water does not appear to come from the drain pipes or the water pipes under the sink but it is on the outside edge of the cabinet that all this is in. That doesn't make sense to us since the linoleum appears to be one continuous piece, the underside of the cabinet should also be wet. It isn't every day, but does happen quite regularly.

We are currently parked in a small town for the next 4 months taking care of a family member so we can't just hook it up and travel to a location for service. It is already set up for winter, skirted, etc. and right now we have been getting snow for 3 days so we don't want to go anywhere anyway.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. I can't believe we can't access the holding tank or water pump.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:06 AM   #2

We had the same issue. If yours is like mine, it’s a very slow drip from the water connections at the kitchen facet. I ended up using plumbing tape on the connectors and that stopped the issue. It was one of those things where you would all of the sudden see water coming out from the cabinets. It’s tough to see under the sink area. Yes, I can get most of my upper half into the cabinets from the cabinet door that’s at the front door. PM me if you want to set up a time to talk through it.
Shall36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfarley351 View Post
I have searched and cannot find a thread on our issue. We have water leaking out from under the kitchen sink cabinet but when we check the cabinet and pull the drawers the flooring under the cabinet is dry. We noticed this shortly after we started traveling but never went to a location with a Jayco dealer. I called the Jayco service center to find out the location of the fresh water tank and they said it is under the floor, under the sink cabinet, there does not appear to be an access to it from under the cabinet nor under the trailer??? We have not been using the tank and thought it was drained but the gauge says it has 1/3 tank of water.

The water does not appear to come from the drain pipes or the water pipes under the sink but it is on the outside edge of the cabinet that all this is in. That doesn't make sense to us since the linoleum appears to be one continuous piece, the underside of the cabinet should also be wet. It isn't every day, but does happen quite regularly.

We are currently parked in a small town for the next 4 months taking care of a family member so we can't just hook it up and travel to a location for service. It is already set up for winter, skirted, etc. and right now we have been getting snow for 3 days so we don't want to go anywhere anyway.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. I can't believe we can't access the holding tank or water pump.
we had the same problem. do you have a faucet that is a sprayer? ours was dripping from the connection of the sprayer head and going down the sprayer stem {faucet body} and dripping under the sink'
danhfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhfletch View Post
we had the same problem. do you have a faucet that is a sprayer? ours was dripping from the connection of the sprayer head and going down the sprayer stem {faucet body} and dripping under the sink'
We have a different trailer, but likely the same sprayer hose leak.

Both ends of our sprayer hose needed to tightened. Not difficult to do.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shall36 View Post
We had the same issue. If yours is like mine, it’s a very slow drip from the water connections at the kitchen facet. I ended up using plumbing tape on the connectors and that stopped the issue. It was one of those things where you would all of the sudden see water coming out from the cabinets. It’s tough to see under the sink area. Yes, I can get most of my upper half into the cabinets from the cabinet door that’s at the front door. PM me if you want to set up a time to talk through it.
Could not find anywhere where the sprayer/faucet is leaking. I will investigate again the minute I spot water coming out from under the cabinet. Thank you for the help. I will post when I spot the origin of this nuisance leak.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:48 AM   #6

I had the same thing with our Eagle HT. We also couldn't find the source until I wrapped paper towels around the cold water, hot water and spray connections. Yes, the cold was leaking but not all the time. Probable was a issue when closing faucet/sprayer or something like that. I tried tightening connections but couldn't get the link to stop until I put in a new gasket. The gasket was a soft rubber-like material and must have had a nick in it.

On a related note I just replaced our bathroom faucet with a house model and the installation instructions said not to connect PEX or copper water lines directly to the faucet because they will leak. Instead was to use a flexible line from PEX to faucet. Of course Jayco doesn't bother with the flex lines so to me a leak probably isn't that uncommon.

Good luck!
Old 12-04-2018, 02:32 PM   #7

I was also finding a little water under my sink. It turned out when the down drain pipe from the sink was attached to the trap they did not install the plastic rubber like seal on the down pipe so the lock ring can seal the pipe to the trap. They installed the lock ring and the plumbing looked good till I pulled down on the trap and off it came.
Bama is offline   Reply With Quote