Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2019, 10:49 AM   #1

Unhappy 2019 EagleHT CKTS fresh water sanitize

Has anyone else owning one of these trailers had problems with trying to sanitize their fresh water tank? The system on the trailer does not match the specs in the manual and I have no way of adding the bleach solution to the tank. And I called Jayco techs and sent them a picture of the panel and their response is we have never seen one like that! REALLY! I am amazed. This is brand new trailer, just bought it from Camping World and they too are no help.
RDWarriors2! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:03 AM   #2

I put the docking station in power fill then pour the needed treatment in the hose, connect it and turn on the water. The treatment goes straight into the tank. Never bothered with the suction method.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:27 AM   #3

Our panel only will allow city water hookups. Unlike our previous trailers we were able to use an open ended hose. Craziest thing we have ever seen.
And Jayco says they have never seen this panel before! Thank you for your suggestion, we will give it a try.
Attached Thumbnails
DD551FD8-D891-4D03-A07A-4985780228E7.jpg  
RDWarriors2! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #4

Gravity fill tanks are phasing out.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:47 PM   #5

I have the same panel. That blue handle in the right top corner is how you do it. Like mentioned you put the sanitizer in the hose and hook up the hose and turn the water to on. Your actually in the correct position right now to fill the water tank. If you only going to use the campground water and not your tank or pump you move the selector to the city position.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:11 PM   #6

That looks exactly like my panel on my 2019 CKTS as well. So yours is not an odd ball
LulaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDWarriors2! View Post
Our panel only will allow city water hookups. Unlike our previous trailers we were able to use an open ended hose. Craziest thing we have ever seen.
And Jayco says they have never seen this panel before! Thank you for your suggestion, we will give it a try.
It wouldn't surprise me if your unit is equipped with a country fill option. On my HT, it's behind the low point servce panel where the pump is located. There are two bypass valves and about 3 feet of clear tubing with one end loose. There is information in the manual on how to use this. Essentially it allows the pump to fill the tank. You just use that to draw your diluted bleach solution into the tank.
Shackrat is offline   Reply With Quote