Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-26-2021, 11:11 AM   #1

2021 357MDOK Slide Out Question

Hi All -

I have noticed what appears to be an issue with the entertainment/dining room slide on my 2021 357MDOK 5th wheel.

The outside measurements (from the outside wall to the edge of the slide) are as follows.

Outside Top Corner Entertainment Side - 34"
Outside Top Corner Dinette Side - 34"

Outside Bottom Corner Entertainment Side - 35 1/2"
Outside Bottom Corner Dinette Side - 34 1/2"

Attached are pictures of what I'm seeing.

Any advice or input on what is going on and how to remedy would be greatly appreciated. I will most likely end up taking this to a dealer but curious to see if I can skip the travel time and waiting weeks for the dealer to fix it.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Dinette-Inside-Bottom.jpg   Dinette-Inside-Top.jpg   Dinette-Outside-Bottom.jpg   Entertainment-Inside-Bottom.jpg   Entertainment-Inside-Top.jpg  

Entertainment-Outside-Bottom.jpg  
jxwilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:32 PM   #2

jx - Google "How to sync a Jayco slide out" and that may solve your problem. It just may be out of sync, (motors). Hope that is all it is. SKIDWG
2022 RAM 3500 6.7L
Ruger, Rhodesian Ridgebacks
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:49 PM   #3

I have a '21 357MDOK also (build date of 9/20, but purchased 1/21) that has been at the dealer for three weeks now fixing the same issue. However mine was on the kitchen slide and the mid bunk slide. My mid bunk slide did not extending evenly, it was one inch off from side to side. My kitchen slide did not retract evenly and therefore was not closing all the way along the entire top of the slide. The top bulb seal on that slide was also about three inches too short, which they are supposed to be replacing. They were supposed to be working on that and the fact that my residential fridge was touching the island when the slide was closed starting this week. It took two weeks to inspect it, figure out what it needed to fix it and then submit to Jayco and get approval for the warranty work. I'm hoping to have it back soon as I have several new goodies I have purchased that I need to install and we need to finish loading all our stuff on the inside. We're itching to take our maiden voyage with it.

I didn't want to mess with trying to adjust the slides on my own since it was a brand new unit and it being under warranty. If I was out of warranty I might have tried to adjust them myself. Good luck to you. I was surprised the dealer (not my purchasing dealer....thats another story) was able to fit me in within a week of when I called them.
skidoomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:55 PM   #4

Thank you skidawg! Small world. I lived in Plover for several years and worked at Sentry Insurance.

I will take a look at the syncing issue for our bedroom slide. The slide in question is the Lippert through frame with the can stop. I should have mentioned that in the original post.
Old 03-26-2021, 01:56 PM   #5

Thank you skidoomatt. The dealer option will most likely be where I end up. It's just difficult because my wife and I live in our RV.
Old 03-26-2021, 02:10 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxwilliamson View Post
snip......I will most likely end up taking this to a dealer.......snip
I agree, especially in the event that the issue is more than just a minor adjustment.

As you mentioned the slide in question (Dinning/Entertainment) appears to be a Lippert "Through-Frame" style slide unlike the Lippert "Schwintek" style.

For future reference the Lippert OEM Installation Manual may come in handy if your model "Through-Frame" slide matches the following:

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001612.pdf

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
I agree, especially in the event that the issue is more than just a minor adjustment.

As you mentioned the slide in question (Dinning/Entertainment) appears to be a Lippert "Through-Frame" style slide unlike the Lippert "Schwintek" style.

For future reference the Lippert OEM Installation Manual may come in handy if your model "Through-Frame" slide matches the following:

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001612.pdf

Bob
Thank you! The manual is a match and added to my inventory.
Old 03-26-2021, 05:19 PM   #8

Got it adjusted and everything seals up nicely.

You can see from the picture that it was out of sync by 3/4 of an inch.
Attached Thumbnails
20210326_174541.jpg  
Old 03-29-2021, 06:44 AM   #9

Thanks for the feedback....good to know it can be adjusted without going to the dealer. If my kitchen slide (cable driven) hadn't been out of adjustment, I might I have tried to fix my mid bunk one myself too. Good work!
skidoomatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 05:39 PM   #10

I have a 2021 Jayco Eagle 357MDOK and it's winter up here in N.Y. I was out in the fifth wheel today because it was nice outside and I noticed there's a thin wall between the dinette table and the tv/fireplace and with the slideout in there's about a 1 1/2"gap where the wall is not touching the floor when the slideout is in,I never noticed it before so I don't know if this is normal or not, but when the slideout is out it is on the floor and solid.
AndrewD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 04:48 PM   #11

If it is a flush floor slide the floor will be level when the slide is out/extended. You will also notice the bottom of the slide wall will be below the floor. When the slide retracts the slide floor will raise on the inside and ride on a nylon/plastic slide as it comes end. The slide walls and floor will be above the camper floor. What you are describing sounds normal to me.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 07:35 PM   #12

I noticed you have a pinnacle and they have those nice decorative led strip's on top of the slideout on the inside and I was wondering where they plug in and if I could put them on my Eagle 357 MDOK?
AndrewD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 03:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD View Post
I noticed you have a pinnacle and they have those nice decorative led strip's on top of the slideout on the inside and I was wondering where they plug in and if I could put them on my Eagle 357 MDOK?
Sorry for the late response. I wish I could answer your question. I've been up in that area working on the trim but never looked for the electrical connection. Camper is currently in winter storage, hopefully for only the next six weeks. If I get to look at if before then I will let you know.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote