Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2020, 11:05 PM   #1

2021 Northpoint Furnace issues

I have a 2021 Northpoint 310rlts with the Jaycommand system. When I set the temp and turn on the heater the heater starts to blow along with the fan through the ceiling. After running a for a short time the heater blower shuts off from the floor, but the fan from the ceiling vents continue to run. Sometimes the temp comes up to the temp I set, but when it falls below it only sometimes kicks on the heater. Either way, the fan continues to blow. If I manually turn it off and turn it back on the heater will come on again.

In looking at other posts this seems to be a common issue. I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong or is this really and issue that I need to take in to for.
Trublu1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 08:22 AM   #2

We also have a 2021 NP flrb382 we have only used the heat one night it seemed to work fine we are going out next weekend and we will have to probably have to run it all weekend so that should be a better test i will let you know
Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 08:40 AM   #3

Are you running a heat pump or the furnace? Heat pump comes from the ceiling vents while the furnace comes from the floor.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 08:43 AM   #4

Sounds like he is running both i was just running propane heater
Old 11-08-2020, 08:55 AM   #5

2021 Northpoint Furnace issues

I’m not sure you can run both at the same time. The way the heat pump works (at least in my trailer) it will only heat when the outside temperature is over 40F and you cannot set the temperature more than 5 degrees hotter than the inside temperature. Whenever those conditions are not met, the furnace will automatically come on. Once the interior is close enough to the set temperature (and it’s over 40 outside) the heat pump will take over and furnace turns off.

So, let’s say it’s 45 outside and it’s 55 inside. When I turn on my heat pump and set it to 60, only the heat pump comes on. If I set it to 68, the furnace comes on first until the interior is somewhere close to 63-64. Then the heat pump will take over. On occasion the furnace will run until it gets to 68. Then when inside temp drops and heat is needed, the heat pump will run.

Old 11-08-2020, 08:58 AM   #6

Tom thank you for that information
Old 11-08-2020, 11:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Are you running a heat pump or the furnace? Heat pump comes from the ceiling vents while the furnace comes from the floor.
I guess I don't know what the heat pump is or how you use it. The Jaycommand system (tablet like thing, there is no thermostat) only gives you the option of running the air conditioner or the heat. You can only change the fan settings (high and low) with the air conditioner on. When I press the heat button on the tablet, the fan comes on along with the heat.

Update..last night the coach stayed warm with the temp outside in the 40's. I still don't understand how this setup works. The temp is set at 68, but the temp shows about 2 degrees cooler that what it is set at. The fan stays on most of the time with the heat kicking on sporadically. So it looks like it's working, I just can figure out how it works and why it works the way it does. Of course my biggest complaint about having a new coach is the operation manual is so generic. It's like a game on where to find where things are located like the how to work the ice maker, or where the actual furnace is located in the coach, etc..

I appreciate all the responses and I'm sure I will continue to find surprises throughout the coach not in the manual. This forum is way better than the manual!!!
Trublu1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 11:17 AM   #8

I agree with you totally we got out of RVs and into a sailboat for about 20 years and boy has the industry has changed so we are on a similar learning curve as you thanks
Old 11-08-2020, 12:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trublu1068 View Post
I guess I don't know what the heat pump is or how you use it. The Jaycommand system (tablet like thing, there is no thermostat) only gives you the option of running the air conditioner or the heat. You can only change the fan settings (high and low) with the air conditioner on. When I press the heat button on the tablet, the fan comes on along with the heat.

Update..last night the coach stayed warm with the temp outside in the 40's. I still don't understand how this setup works. The temp is set at 68, but the temp shows about 2 degrees cooler that what it is set at. The fan stays on most of the time with the heat kicking on sporadically. So it looks like it's working, I just can figure out how it works and why it works the way it does. Of course my biggest complaint about having a new coach is the operation manual is so generic. It's like a game on where to find where things are located like the how to work the ice maker, or where the actual furnace is located in the coach, etc..

I appreciate all the responses and I'm sure I will continue to find surprises throughout the coach not in the manual. This forum is way better than the manual!!!

Heat pump is electric heat. It’s basically your AC running in reverse. Not all trailers come with the heat pump option. Sounds like yours does.

Since you have the fancy tablet controlling everything I would guess it’s just automatically controlling which source of heat is being used.

Old 11-09-2020, 06:13 PM   #10

Yes, I have the JAYCOMMAND system in my 2021 Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS. I liked the system initially as it solved the issue i was having with the auto-level system. However now after successful heating our first night, the heater does not work. Instead when I activate the heat via the Jaycommand app or the touch pad on the wall, only the air conditioner fan comes on from the ceiling and no heat from the floor. Even though the app indicates that the heat is functioning. Sorry, I went on a bit of a rant. I have to bring my brand new rig back the dealership on 11/9. I'm hearing from others with this problem that's it is probably a software issue. So no, I'm not a fan of the Jaycommand system. Thanks for letting me bend your virtual ear. Bob & Sabra.
Evoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 06:26 PM   #11

Make sure you fan in on "Auto"
Joel Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:22 AM   #12

Io really cold days I put the upstairs air conditioner on low fan and let the gas heater cycle normally. the upstairs would get very hot but with that set up the upstairs actually maintains the same temperature as downstairs. I wonder if that is designed into the new systems. I know when I use the heat pump only the fan never shuts off.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:03 AM   #13

When a heat pump or electric heat strip is activated as a heat source, it will run by itself without turning on the main propane furnace as long as the delta temperature between the set temp and the ambient temp is less than 5 degrees difference. If you turn your heat to ON it will run both the furnace and heatpump/strip until the delta temp is below 5 degrees of difference. Hope that helps everyone who runs both a propane furnace and electric heat pump or strip.

Theoretically this is how its supposed to work. If a manufacturer changes something or the user changes settings, this can affect how the above statement works.
Chibullsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoman55 View Post
Yes, I have the JAYCOMMAND system in my 2021 Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS. I liked the system initially as it solved the issue i was having with the auto-level system. However now after successful heating our first night, the heater does not work. Instead when I activate the heat via the Jaycommand app or the touch pad on the wall, only the air conditioner fan comes on from the ceiling and no heat from the floor. Even though the app indicates that the heat is functioning. Sorry, I went on a bit of a rant. I have to bring my brand new rig back the dealership on 11/9. I'm hearing from others with this problem that's it is probably a software issue. So no, I'm not a fan of the Jaycommand system. Thanks for letting me bend your virtual ear. Bob & Sabra.
One of the operating characteristics of a heat pump is that the discharge temperature is quite low when compared to a gas furnace, especially if the outdoor ambient temperature is low say 40-45 degrees. When one holds his hand near the supply outlet discharging any temperature below the skin temp, one might think incorrectly that the system is cooling. Any discharge supply air that is warmer than the room air is actually providing heat.
RuneMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 06:47 PM   #15

The way that the BMPro seems to be programmed is for the A/C fan to come on when the heat is on. I don’t know why it seems to continue to run when there is no call for heat though.

What you can do it flip the breaker for the main A/C and that will stop this. Of course you have to remember to turn it back on when the weather is warmer.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 11:12 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Miller View Post
Make sure you fan in on "Auto"
Pretty sure this is the answer, worked in mine!
But I have a 377 RLBH
mwheue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:05 PM   #17

AC Fan comes on when furnace is on

I recently purchased a Northpoint 382FLRB. I found out from a Jayco factory rep that the BMPRO is programmed to turn on the fan function of the AC unit on when the furnace is activated. The theory is distribute the heat more evenly by spreading through the AC ductwork. Im not sure what units it applies to but there is an available update to the BMPRO that will allow you turn the fan in the AC unit off when the furnace is activated. This update was developed due to several customer complaints.
SteveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:05 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoman55 View Post
I have a 2021 Jayco pinnacle when not connected to shore power just the heater comes on from the floor like every other trailer.....but when on shore power the heater comes on and the fan blows to circulate the warm air .....I think this is on purpose to distribute the heat evenly

I think this is why it does that
dpa4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:02 AM   #19

Sounds like dealers aren't going through the operation of systems when customers are taking delivery
billcf7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 12:49 PM   #20

Thanks for all the input on the furnace and heat pump. But…..being a new owner of a 2021 Northpoint 310tlts and have never had to worry about heat in SWFL. Heading into cooler weather soon and trying figure it all out. I’m confused. I have the Jay command with controls for a/c and heat pump. Will the heat pump only work when hooked into electric? And is furnace for boondooking and using generator? If someone could walk me thru an initial start up would greatly be appreciated. One of the many things not included in our orientation. Happy Trails to you.
Lov2run1 is offline   Reply With Quote