Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-05-2017, 02:36 PM   #1

A/C 2015 pinnacle Front living

Had my unit out this weekend for the first trip of the year, and did my checklist and discovered the a/c unit in the back acting up. The compressor kicks in and out a lot, and the fan keeps going. I assume ithe compressor is going out, but it's only the fifth time I've ever had it out. Any ideas??
Chris Wendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:49 PM   #2

We have the same rig, 2015 FLSA. Both of our factory ACs had the blades go out at seperate times and both sounded different when failing. Go on the roof, (shut off the unit) remove four Phillips screws on top of the shroud and examine all the blades. The forward unit started slowly rubbing and sanding the blades while the rear unit sounded like a tornado coming through. Both were easy DIY repairs.

Depending on your climate and personal comfort level, we actually added a third AC unit to combat extremely hot areas. Let us know if you have more questions or concerns.

2015 Jayco Pinnacle FLSA & 2008 Chevy Duramax

Anxiously awaiting retirement where I have been told everyday is a Saturday
Old 03-06-2017, 03:03 AM   #3

We had the living area Coleman AC/heat pump replaced last week on our 14 month old Pinnacle that has only six short trips on it. We had the same failure on our 2012 Keystone after 13 months – didn't know it had a two year warranty, so I purchased a much quieter unit. A
wellhausend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:20 PM   #4

First its a 2016 not 2015. I have a guy coming to look at it, as it definitely a compressor issue. Weird thing is that he said its pretty common and that the new style A/C units are not lasting but a couple of years. He said that they are seeing many failures. I would like to see how many people with a 2016 unit is or already had A/C problems
Chris Wendt is offline   Reply With Quote