Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-03-2019, 09:34 AM   #1

Andersen Ultimate and Lippert warranty

Thought I would post this here.

There's a lot of internet hoodoo out there concerning the voiding of the Lippert warranty when using the Andersen-type ball hitch. Having just purchased an Eagle HT I wanted to use either the Andersen or the PullRite Superlite but various internet searches led me down the "voided warranty" path, which scared me a bit. My biggest concern was not necessarily with Lippert - Andersen and PullRite have their own warranties and a fight with any of the three companies would likely result in similar pain and bloodshed. What I was most worried about would be if the Jayco warranty would be voided, so that if I used the PullRite it would void the warranty on the roof for example. So I had my dealer (great people by the way) contact Jayco for me before I plunked down any hard-earned and he got right back to me with Jayco's reply. Now this is text converted from voice by an iPhone so it looks strange but you can get the gist of what Jayco is saying. As always, the names have been changed to protect the innocent:

Hey Pablo, Boris. I just give you a heads up. Talk to a couple different guys in our team and they said the only time it would void the frame warranty is exactly what I said earlier for our warranty is if the damage that is done can be linked directly to proper installment of that piece. Simply adding in a loan does not void the warranty. Also the liability of the installer should cover that in the event that the warranty is voided. So it all comes down to that being improperly installed and the damage being directly link to in proper installation and then in that case the liability of the installer should cover. So should be good. If you need any further explanation please give me a call

Strange, I know. Now our dealer has insurance covering improper installation, repairs, etc., and so I went ahead with the PullRite.

If any of this is of interest to anyone I hope it helps,

Tom
KillerIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:46 PM   #2

My attorney would say, " show me in writing " .
FYI, our 2011 Jayco rolled out of the dealer with a gooseneck adapter installed by them because my then truck had the old plate style flip-over ball and they had no room for the rail mounts. They told me no warranty issue.
I switched later to an Andersen but now use a BW.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote