Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2018, 12:58 PM   #1

Auto level

Sent my pinnacle 5th in for roof rubber replacement and got it home and auto level would work a bunch of error codes and I have no idea what to do any help would be appreciated
Waterman 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:44 PM   #2

What codes? Are your batteries fully charged? Most common problems are from low voltage or weak batteries.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:31 PM   #3

Batteries are the first thing to check, ours lost it's mind when the batteries went bad.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:38 PM   #4

Error code left Front jack system will not auto level I tried to power on and off I still can't get a reset any help .
Waterman 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:40 PM   #5

You’ll need to manually extend all jacks at least 6”. Then hit retract all jacks. This will reset it.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:56 PM   #6

Magnolia Tom, I've never heard of your suggested solution but I'm having issues with my GroundControl 2.0 middle stabilizer jacks that, interestingly, started right after battery issues and ultimately battery replacement. I'm intrigued to try your idea. Have you done it?... and it worked?
Old 07-01-2018, 03:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretasDad View Post
Magnolia Tom, I've never heard of your suggested solution but I'm having issues with my GroundControl 2.0 middle stabilizer jacks that, interestingly, started right after battery issues and ultimately battery replacement. I'm intrigued to try your idea. Have you done it?... and it worked?

Yes I’ve had to do it many times as I was having leveling issues. It does work. I didn’t come up with the idea. It’s lippert directions to reset after a fault code

Old 07-01-2018, 07:06 PM   #8

I've done it also after talking to the Lippert people about my leveling system. I was having battery issues also and replaced them and then did the reset. So far so good! You may not even realize your batteries are getting weak until the leveling system messes up.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:27 PM   #9

Tom is correct. I had to do it last week in the Grand Canyon. If the RV is not "close" to being level to begin with it will NOT level automatically. I tried to level (twice) and it would not and gave me the "out of stroke" notification. I had to re-hook up to the TV and extend both the front & rear jacks about 4"-6", then retract all. Then the system would reset. Then I put some boards under the low side of the 2 wheels and hit the auto level and it leveled without any problems...Trust me I was very frustrated, but I just needed to have some patience to get it done.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:36 PM   #10

From the manual

Quote:
Special Jack Error Codes
To clear one of the error codes listed below:
1. Correct or otherwise repair the issue (see the table below).
Note: In order to clear the special jack error code the jacks need to be "homed." In order to "home" jacks,
each jack must be able to retract a minimum of 6".
2. Extend all jacks to reach the 6" of minimum retract needed.
A. Press "FRONT" (Fig. 1G) to extend the front jacks (if required).
B. Press "REAR" (Fig. 1J) to extend the rear jacks (if required).
C. Press "LEFT" and "RIGHT" (Figs 1H and Fig. 1I) simultaneously to extend the middle jacks (if
equipped and required).
3. Press and hold the retract button until all of the jacks begin to retract. The jacks will retract until they
reach the hard current limit.
4. The jacks are now “homed” and the special jack error code will be cleared.
Note: If the jacks do not retract,

Link to manual
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ce_Manual1.pdf

LCI has a great support website with lots of pdfs
https://www.lci1.com/support-center/
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:14 AM   #11

I know what you mean, I have started running the low side tires up on some leveling blocks to get the camper kind of close then I put some blocks under the jacks so we don't have to worry about them getting out of stroke and the system works pretty well after all of that.
Dan, I noticed you've had a "little" trouble with your 2016 377rlbh, I feel your pain. Love the floor plan but have had a lot of trouble with ours also.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:15 AM   #12

Hooked up the trailer this morning and attempted the "Homing" process of lowering all 6 jacks at least 6". Can't ever get the middle jacks into manual mode after creating an error code. I called Lippert and learned that this process is NOT a function of the 2.0 system. (I had noticed it was referenced in the 3.0 manual but not in the 2.0 manual). They tell me my 2.0 system has no ability to manually operate the middle jacks. I'm back to square one.

This all started after my batteries went bad and I've replaced both. I should have no voltage issues now but that's the only suggestion I'm getting from Lippert. My unit levels perfectly but when it starts lowering the middle jacks to stabilize, they move a tiny fraction and stop. The system never issues any error (and no longer says "Success") but simply stops and the screen goes to "Jacks Down".

Any other ideas before I conclude it's a bad controller?