Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2020, 04:47 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
I'd also contact RVIA about it. They seem pretty proud of who they are, they have a RVIA sticker on pretty much every trailer out there.
If they can't help you get somewhere, I'd let it be known how useless they really are.
Read the last paragraph on the About Us tab.
Sounds to me like they aren't doing a very good job either.

LOL!
I think it is pretty will known that the RVIA sticker doesn't lead to delivered quality builds....
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 04:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
LOL!
I think it is pretty will known that the RVIA sticker doesn't lead to delivered quality builds....
Yep, just a sticker that means nothing.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 04:56 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt6283 View Post
Seriously..

File a complaint with NHTSA.

It may not help You, but someone else might not have caught this..

Correct BUT if corrective action is ordered by NHTSA you may get some of the repair costs covered by JAYCO. Keep pictures and all receipts.
Old 11-07-2020, 04:59 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Perches are on your axle where the leaf spring sits against. Either on the bottom for underslung or on top for overslung. Believe you are describing the supports/cross member for the spring hangers.

Earl

Agree. Just the facts. VIN number of the trailer is a must. When you get it repaired keep receipts and have the shop clearly identify the repairs. Not "Did some welding"
Old 11-07-2020, 05:32 PM   #25

Two years ago our Seismic Wave 310 had its bracket snap on the passenger side. It resulted in the 2 tires slapping together and burning off the outer tread before I could stop. I was able to limp it 10 miles to a repair shop. They said that they were seeing a trailer every week with this problem due to the potholes on the interstate. I had all 6 brackets strengthened with a solid piece of channel stock welded to the inside of all the brackets. It cost me $350 but was the best insurance money could buy. When I looked at how thin gauge the metal was on the brackets that were supposedly holding up a 16,000lb load, this was a no brainer.
WIBLAZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:01 PM   #26

Jayco - Lippert experience

I own a 2018 Whitehawk and had a similar experience, the shackles that anchor the leaf springs, one broke the weld to the frame. Warranty was done, i called Jayco and they reffered me to Lippert. Lippert efficiently handled the repair and picked up the tab. They sent me the replacement shackle, i located a welder locally and provided the contact info to Lippert. They paid the bill and i was back on the road in 3 weeks.
I was skeptical of how it would go, but wound up very pleased.
Give it a shot.
Brobri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 08:04 PM   #27

I have a 2019 Jayco Seismic Toy Hauler, had the same issue. Although mine is still under warranty, it would not hurt to contact Jayco to see if they can help. I paid for an RV repair center to fix mine (350.00) and Jayco reimbursed me I also heard there is a recall on axels. Check this out #9901430
rvingsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 08:16 PM   #28

Those welds look like mine when I first started to weld 45 years ago!