Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2019, 01:33 PM   #21

Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Then JAYCO would be out of the picture completely in my opinion.

2X
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:44 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter1959 View Post
Where did you purchase the pinbox?
Factory option from Jayco. Came on the unit.
BassOverflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:47 PM   #23

Back to square one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassOverflow View Post
Factory option from Jayco. Came on the unit.

Again, dealer, if it came installed on the unit. Jayco does not like to talk to the general public. But you stated you installed it. In other words, you installed post production. Makes it a different kinda animal.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:56 PM   #24

Jayco contact

I had to reach Jayco customer service with an ongoing coach door problem, they got back to me by email within a couple days and i also called back and got ahold of a representative who gave me a “ticket” number for dealer to replace door and needed parts to repair correctly. They were very helpful.
Dgibbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:13 PM   #25

Quote:
I did and I used the longer (2") bolts. They need to be at least 1/4" if not 1/2" to full engage the threads. It appears MorRyde did not account for the recessed depth before the threads start in the hitch.
Sounds like the installer knew something was not right but installed anyway. Why didn't you question someone when you installed it since as you stated,
" I've worked in the auto industry for years and am ASE certified. I know what I'm doing. "
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:33 PM   #26

I've contacted Jayco a few times on things and not had any problem getting to them on the phone. I've had to wait a few minutes but nothing outrageous.

Jayflight 34RSBS
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:58 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblast523 View Post
Again, dealer, if it came installed on the unit. Jayco does not like to talk to the general public. But you stated you installed it. In other words, you installed post production. Makes it a different kinda animal.
Jayco has been great. I haven't had to talk to a dealer yet, but thank you anyway. You must not have read it correctly, I installed the WEDGE, not the pinbox. The hardward that was supplied by MorRyde was incorrect at 1/4" too short. They are currently working to make sure they didn't supply others with the incorrect hardware as well.

Anyway, this has already been handled at no cost to me.

Buh-bye
Old 07-13-2019, 02:53 PM   #28

Quote:
Then JAYCO would be out of the picture completely in my opinion.

I bought and installed a MorRyde accessory on my Jayco and now I want Jayco to step up because it failed?? Am I missing something here?
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:14 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd505 View Post
I bought and installed a MorRyde accessory on my Jayco and now I want Jayco to step up because it failed?? Am I missing something here?
Yes, you are missing a lot.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:39 PM   #30

Quote:
Yes, you are missing a lot.

Care to explain why you think Jayco would have any responsibly for a MorRyde product you installed. I just can't make a connection. Maybe the picture you said you would post would help. I know you used the long bolts supplied but if they were too short why not a trip to the hardware store?
Old 07-13-2019, 06:42 PM   #31

I have a 2018 with the orbital hitch. I love it - but I figured out that there was some strange “lurching” at times.

I contacted MorRyde direct and they had me send photos of my wedge and hitch. It was determined the universal wedge was not completely secured as it should be. They had me measure several points. MorRyde emailed me back that they have designed a new wedge specific for my Husky hitch. It will be available soon.

I was very impressed with their concern due diligence.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:08 PM   #32

Quote:
Care to explain why you think Jayco would have any responsibly for a MorRyde product you installed. I just can't make a connection. Maybe the picture you said you would post would help. I know you used the long bolts supplied but if they were too short why not a trip to the hardware store?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas111 View Post
I have a 2018 with the orbital hitch. I love it - but I figured out that there was some strange “lurching” at times.

I contacted MorRyde direct and they had me send photos of my wedge and hitch. It was determined the universal wedge was not completely secured as it should be. They had me measure several points. MorRyde emailed me back that they have designed a new wedge specific for my Husky hitch. It will be available soon.

I was very impressed with their concern due diligence.

You still have not answered why Jayco should do anything for you. Previous posts indicate -1 Jayco option. -2 You installed it. -3 MorRyde indicated a fix was coming. -4 You still persist not explaining why it's Jayco's problem. Don't think I am missing a thing.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:32 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblast523 View Post
You still have not answered why Jayco should do anything for you. Previous posts indicate -1 Jayco option. -2 You installed it. -3 MorRyde indicated a fix was coming. -4 You still persist not explaining why it's Jayco's problem. Don't think I am missing a thing.

We are going in a circle, see post#28. I am still confused on any connection.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:10 PM   #34

Me too, Grumpy's right.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:24 PM   #35

I just recieved a safety recall concerning this exact issue. Clearly Jayco was and is at fault and attempting to rectify the issue before others have to put their family's and property in danger.
1968joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 03:02 PM   #36

Quote:
Because he’s ASE certified and he knows what he is doing.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 03:55 PM   #37

I think there is a misunderstanding of the issue. The pin box is an factory option. The pin box has two ways to use it.
1. Stationary, pin box does not rotate at the mounting plate and is held stationary by bolts. Jayco ships then this way.
2. Rotating, the pin uses a supplied wedge and bolts (the ones in question)to lock into the jaws of your hitch and now rotates at the pin mount. This is to allow users with short beds to not need a slider.
The wedge is to be installed by the user or dealer per the instructions because the wedges position is different depending on manufacturer. This wedge locks the pin box straight and allows no rotation at the pin to hitch location. If it becomes loose then there are now two pivots and I would imagine extremely dangerous.
It doesn't sound like BassOverflow did nothing wrong and used the option her paid for as intended. I think calling out his abilities or knowledge is uncalled for. I would imagine if he had a do over he would put longer bolts in to begin with. I also imagine he didn't want to create any warranty issues by changing manufacturer supplied hardware either.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:10 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968joel View Post
I just recieved a safety recall concerning this exact issue. Clearly Jayco was and is at fault and attempting to rectify the issue before others have to put their family's and property in danger.
It came from a third party so it is not JAYCO's fault.

That is like saying the TAKATA airbag failure involving GM, FORD, TOYOTA and every other auto company that bought from them is their fault.. Or the MICHELIN tire recall that was on many E-450's was FORD's, JAYCO's FOREST RIVER's and every other Class "C" builder's fault?

Each company issues it's own recall because they have the list of who bought the unit involved
Old 09-21-2019, 05:05 PM   #39

Quote:
It came from a third party so it is not JAYCO's fault.

That is like saying the TAKATA airbag failure involving GM, FORD, TOYOTA and every other auto company that bought from them is their fault.. Or the MICHELIN tire recall that was on many E-450's was FORD's, JAYCO's FOREST RIVER's and every other Class "C" builder's fault?

Each company issues it's own recall because they have the list of who bought the unit involved
So if your trailer that is under warranty has a factory installed part fail you do not try to contact Jayco?
I understand this is a part not manufactured by them. However they still have a responsibility to ensure their trailers are safe and items functional.

This is a life safety issue. As BassOverflow said Jayco took the issue serious. Seriously enough to issue a safety recall for all other owners. Regardless of fault, MorRyde in this case, the issue may be present on other units. Due to this post I did not change my hitch to the rotation setting until I could gather more information. I thought it would be appropriate tofollow up on the issue.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:32 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968joel View Post
So if your trailer that is under warranty has a factory installed part fail you do not try to contact Jayco?
I understand this is a part not manufactured by them. However they still have a responsibility to ensure their trailers are safe and items functional.
In your first post you said JAYCO was and is at FAULT.

In your other post you stated:

The wedge is to be installed by the user or dealer per the instructions because the wedges position is different depending on manufacturer.

So again, how does JAYCO have any control over the install????? MOR-RYDE provided the wrong bolts