Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-20-2022, 06:37 AM   #1

BMPro Issue

Greetings everyone, I have an odd situation that someone may have an answer for. My 2020 Northpoint has the BMPro system (which you are all familiar with), and it will control everything in my coach except the leveling jacks. It used to work the jacks just fine, then it started to be a little intermittent, but I’d press the button again and it would resume working. When I would operate the slide outs sometime it would stop working but all I’d have to do is lift my finger off the button and press it again and it would start again. But back in the summer I was lowering the front jacks getting ready to hook up to the truck and it quit working for good. It says “Lost Communication”, but the strange thing is, is that it still says “Connected”, and I can still control everything in the coach from the same phone including; slide outs, lights, furnace, air, etc. but when I try to “retract all” or anything to do with the motors, it’s like it’s not connected. Can anyone explain this? Thanks in advance for your help.
K Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 07:38 AM   #2

I can't explain why, but mine will also stop occasionally when using the slides. I may be imagining it but it seems if I moisten my finger slightly first it works better. From the web---
--------> In the end, though, capacitive touchscreens are not foolproof. Living, breathing people with thick callouses on their fingers—think guitar players or carpenters—struggle with these touchscreens because the dead skin on their fingertips prevents the flow of electricity. People wearing gloves tend to experience trouble. People with very dry hands, too. "I've also heard of women with really long fingernails having problems," says Daniel Tower, an engineer at Wacom, which makes drawing tablets and styluses. Basically, anything that limits your hand's conductivity is a potential pitfall.
So what should you do if you have zombie fingers? You might try licking your fingertip or, better yet, applying a water-based moisturizer to your hands. And, if you can't bear to give up playing electric guitar or having designer nails, think about using a touchscreen stylus to funnel the electricity into your mitts.<----------

The leveling is likely a different issue.

First thing I would try is to reboot / restart your tablet.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 07:46 AM   #3

We’ve actually had the tablet replaced because it was in a constant loop that said “re-booting”. That happened when it was at the dealership, which seems to be its 2nd home. I think I’ll go into the Lemonade business. I just need to figure out how to squeeze all that lemonade out of my trailer! Should get 10,000 gallons!

Old 09-20-2022, 08:28 AM   #4

Using my iPhone to move the slides, jacks or awnings...half the time it will stop at some point while moving. I try not to use my phone for the Slides for that reason....I also try not to use it for awnings or jacks...although not that big of deal if it stops at some point.

It has done this from day one.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:40 AM   #5

Hey Learjet, I figured that was normal. I can handle that. I just don’t understand why the motors won’t work. Thanks again

Old 09-20-2022, 09:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Holbrook View Post
Hey Learjet, I figured that was normal. I can handle that. I just don’t understand why the motors won’t work. Thanks again
Are you in the locked out mode in the BmPro? you would see the triangle on the motors page.

There is a wire that goes to the control node behind the sliding doors in the storage bay...it is # 64 labeled brake high input, if you leave the truck 7 way plug connected while trying to use the motors it will lock out the controller.

I removed this wire from the node and capped it to eliminate that problem....since I sometimes stop and leave the truck connected and need to operate the motors.

I don't recommend doing this...especially if you have kids playing with your phone as they could move the slides or awning while traveling....so use caution if you are someone does this....works for me and has eliminated that lock out issue for me.

Click For Full-Size Image.

B&W hitch
Old 09-20-2022, 02:16 PM   #7

Hey Learjet, I don’t see a triangle, but on my phone when I pull up the BMPro app, it shows that I’m connected (and everything works) but when I select motors, it shows the status as “Lost Communication”. I’m connected so I don’t understand why it says lost communication. I’m not plugged in to my truck. Any other thoughts?

Old 09-20-2022, 02:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Hey Learjet, I don’t see a triangle, but on my phone when I pull up the BMPro app, it shows that I’m connected (and everything works) but when I select motors, it shows the status as “Lost Communication”. I’m connected so I don’t understand why it says lost communication. I’m not plugged in to my truck. Any other thoughts?
check on the tablet inside the RV...do you have any triangles with ! in the motors section?

Here is from the manual:

Systems with a Controller will automatically lockout the motor if a high input is detected on the brakes. This will be shown on the Node at pin 64.

The motor cannot be turned back on until the lockout is disabled.
If the motor is locked, the App will show a pop-up.
The motor can be turned back on by:
1 Using the redundancy switches on the Controller.
2 Sending leveling commands with the leveler.

Although that is what the manual says...I found once locked out, it sometimes didn't want to clear using the method above. So I ended up having to use the hard buttons below the tablet...cycle through A1, A2, S1, S2 etc to OFF and then press EXT. Wait a minute or so for the table to shutdown, then press 1 to power the tablet back up. Once powered by up you may have to restart the BmPro app on the tablet. That is why i removed the input wire to #64 as mentioned previously.

B&W hitch
Old 09-21-2022, 05:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
Are you in the locked out mode in the BmPro? you would see the triangle on the motors page.

There is a wire that goes to the control node behind the sliding doors in the storage bay...it is # 64 labeled brake high input, if you leave the truck 7 way plug connected while trying to use the motors it will lock out the controller.

I removed this wire from the node and capped it to eliminate that problem....since I sometimes stop and leave the truck connected and need to operate the motors.

I don't recommend doing this...especially if you have kids playing with your phone as they could move the slides or awning while traveling....so use caution if you are someone does this....works for me and has eliminated that lock out issue for me.

Hummm...

We often get the "motors disabled" (or some message like that) and that we have to re-enable them at the tablet.

Does removing this #64 wire get rid of that message?
Old 09-21-2022, 06:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman_ks View Post

Does removing this #64 wire get rid of that message?

yes, push on the white tab with a screwdriver and it pulls right out. Place a wire cap on it to insulate it. You can always easily put it back if there is an issue.

B&W hitch
Old 09-21-2022, 07:24 AM   #11

Thank You Learjet for mentioning how to disable the high output brake wire. I have hated that feature ever since we got ours. We would overnight at Harvest Host and have everything set up for the night. I would use the key fob to lock our truck and learned that because it flashed the clearance lights of the truck and trailer when locked, that reset the high output brake feature and disabled me being able to start the generator in the morning without first going out and bumping one of the level buttons on the outside pad.(that was the only way I knew to reset it) Same way I wanted to be able to start the generator and turn on the air a ways before we reach our destination to cool things off and couldn’t. Can’t wait for our next trip to see how this works now.
Randyman69357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 11:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
yes, push on the white tab with a screwdriver and it pulls right out. Place a wire cap on it to insulate it. You can always easily put it back if there is an issue.
Thank you!! This is great information!!
cadman_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 11:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman69357 View Post
Thank You Learjet for mentioning how to disable the high output brake wire. I have hated that feature ever since we got ours. We would overnight at Harvest Host and have everything set up for the night. I would use the key fob to lock our truck and learned that because it flashed the clearance lights of the truck and trailer when locked, that reset the high output brake feature ...
This explains a LOT about our Chevy. The lights / lock on it are automatic after 30 seconds. It's a feature that you can turn off, but we like the confirmation it provides when we're walking away in the parking lot.

Can't wait to disable this!!!
cadman_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 12:58 PM   #14

I agree, this was the biggest frustration when I got my Pinnacle...I haven't seen much information on this "lock-out feature" out there... my last few trips have been frustration free with it disconnected.

B&W hitch
Old 09-25-2022, 11:11 AM   #15

BMPro isdue

I had the same problem and found the android tablet to be the problem. Replaced the tablet and no more problem.
32Pinnical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 03:27 PM   #16

Hey Bob, did you have the same issue as I had with the everything working except the leveling jacks. This post seemed to take a rabbit trail. I’m hoping someone can (or will) chime in that has had this problem. No caution icons are displayed, it just says “Lost Communication” when I’m connected to WiFi. Again, everything works from my phone except the leveling jacks.

Old 09-25-2022, 08:33 PM   #17

My display on the BMPro started flashing 'BMPro' and nothing else. I could still operate the slides but the Android tablet of the BMPro was fried.
I could still use my smartphone to access the Jaycomand app and it replaced the command center in my Pinnacle until I could obtain a new replacement tablet.
Old 09-26-2022, 05:27 PM   #18

Hey Folks, I have an update on this BMPro issue. I was told by BMPro Tech Support that there was an update pushed out that glitched some systems. What I had to do to resolve this was simple. They suggested I disconnect the shore power and disconnect the batteries. Not just the battery disconnect switch, but actually remove the battery leads for 10 minutes. After I did this and reconnected the batteries and plugged in the shore power “Viola” it works again. Thanks for all your help. You’re a great family!
Old 09-26-2022, 06:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Hey Folks, I have an update on this BMPro issue. I was told by BMPro Tech Support that there was an update pushed out that glitched some systems. What I had to do to resolve this was simple. They suggested I disconnect the shore power and disconnect the batteries. Not just the battery disconnect switch, but actually remove the battery leads for 10 minutes. After I did this and reconnected the batteries and plugged in the shore power “Viola” it works again. Thanks for all your help. You’re a great family!
awesome...ctrl+alt+del

B&W hitch