Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2020, 03:38 PM   #1

de-winterizing a 2020 Pinnacle FLWS

It was easy enough winterizing the unit. I had a guy show me a wired jumper connection to bypass and make the antifreeze to the ice maker flow which is accessed from the outside panel.

My question is what process would I use to get all the antifreeze out of it other than opening The low point drains?

Once I hook shore water back up and open the faucets, wouldn't that purge the antifreeze out as well as the ice maker?
Winnabego Adventurer
Coachman Mirada
Jayco Pinnacle 5W
Motorhommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 07:12 PM   #2

Flush, Flush, Flush. I run LOTS of water through the system. And whe I think I'm done I do the process again to make sure I get it all out.
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 07:51 PM   #3
Lost in the Woods

I agree with flush, flush, flush. Don't forget inside and outside showers, toilet, or other external fixtures (kitchens) and the water heater. Keep going around from point to point to flush, and keep open and closing low point drains.

Also, don't forget to switch valves and flush out the line to the water tank and flush the pump and water tank too. You'll want to partially fill the water tank and flush water from it through the pump to all faucets too.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 03:20 AM   #4

Information Request

[QUOTE=Motorhommie;845732]It was easy enough winterizing the unit. I had a guy show me a wired jumper connection to bypass and make the antifreeze to the ice maker flow which is accessed from the outside panel.

As a new Pinnacle owner I'd like to see some photos and instructions on this trick if you could post them sometime. It'd be much appreciated. TIA
PipeFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 05:47 AM   #5

You shouldn't have to flush the Water Heater because there should not be any antifreeze in it if it was drained and winterized properly. Leave it for last then reverse the WH by pass valves and fill the water heater by opening the pressure relief valve to release the air. Do not turn on the electric with no water in the heater.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 07:43 AM   #6

I connect the hose to city water and start at the farthest point. I'll do cold and then hot, go to the next point, cold and hot and keep doing this all the way back to the city water connection including hitting the low point drains. Then I measure out the correct amount of bleach, pour that into a bucket, add water and turn the valves to make the pump suck it into the fresh tank. Once the bucket is empty, I'll turn the valves to fill the fresh tank full. Once the tank is full start at the farthest point again and flush the cold and then hot until I smell bleach water coming out and work my way back to the pump again. At this point I will open the hot water heater and fill it with the bleach water. Let it sit for about 24 hrs, drain the fresh water tank, refill with fresh water and drain it one last time. While its draining I'll switch over to the city water connection and flush the lines and hot water tank.
My Northpoint has a Fridgidare fridge in it with water and ice in the door. I have a full flow water filter cartridge installed. I'll flush the fridge lines using the water dispenser in the door. When I have the saniti,ed bleach water in the lines I just cycle the ice maker to make ice. In the 24hr sitting period itll make a few batches of ice. And then I do the same when I have the clean fresh water in the lines. Flush the lines with the water dispenser and cycle the ice maker and let it make a few batches. I thought to cycle the icemaker you held power switch in the on position for like 15 seconds and that forces into another ice making cycle.

Tags
2020 pinnacle flws, de-winterize