Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-12-2022, 07:56 AM   #1

Do you take your tandem bike camping?

I'm looking for someone who has a tandem bicycle and takes with it on camping trips. How to do you transport the tandem? I have been looking at the tandem bike racks at Cycles Simplex. They the traditional horizontal rack that goes in the receiver on the back of the FW, but they also have a vertical rack that would keep the tandem bike from sticking out past the sides of the FW. My FW is being service right now so I don't have access to do any measurements. If you have a Pinnacle or NP, do you know how wide the rear is on the FW and how from the ground is the hitch receiver? The concern I have with the vertical rack is whether or not I will be able to reach the straps on the front seat post once the bike is vertical.

If anyone has already found a solution for taking their bike on camping trips, please share. I have done a search on the forum with key words "tandem bicycle" but no results.

Thanks for your help!
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 12:18 PM   #2

you might want to measure the width of your tandem bike and see if it overhangs if you use a Horizontal type mount. Tule makes a nice Tandem roof mount that you could probably modify for a vertical hitch mount.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote