Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #1

Dripping spray port

Hey Gang
The spray port with "quick connect" that is located on the starbord side is dripping and leaving hardwater stains on the vehicle side and the outdoor speaker below it. It started after the first time I used it. I've taken the assembly out and there are no places to tighten, pack, seal or other ways to service it.

Replacements are $30 at eTrailer.com, but before I do that, has anyone had luck finding a trick to stop it? I've tried reconnecting the spray hose with lots of vaselene on the nipple insert, hoping it would find its way to a leaking o-ring. Still drips like a bad prostate.

Any bright ideas? DW doesn't like the stains and the whole thing is driving me crazy. Sure it's a warranty item but we won't be in the shop for the crack repair for months.

Dripping with frustration,
Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #2

Hi Angus, wish I can help but mine doesn't drip. Only problem I have is getting the hose connected. Have to really push on it even after lubricating it. You have a water softener so you shouldn't be getting hard water stains on the side.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:26 AM   #3

You probably have dirt or something in the check valve. Try pushing the check valve open to see if it will clear, you may get wet
billcf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Hi Angus, wish I can help but mine doesn't drip. Only problem I have is getting the hose connected. Have to really push on it even after lubricating it. You have a water softener so you shouldn't be getting hard water stains on the side.
Yeah Al they are difficult to operate. The place we stayed this summer had real bad water. When we back flushed the softener afterwards it was alarming rust colored water.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcf7 View Post
You probably have dirt or something in the check valve. Try pushing the check valve open to see if it will clear, you may get wet
That’s a good idea. Not much to lose. I’ll just poke at it and see it flushed itself. I just waxed the entire rig and it’s driving me nits
Old 11-12-2019, 01:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
I had trouble hooking up/disconnecting with my spray port also. The outside shower port worked just fine. Last season I had a "freeze up" and the spray port was the only place I had a leak due to the freeze. The PVC connector (on back of spray port to PEX) inside the basement had split. I was able to run to hardware store to get a replacement for 79 cents. After putting everything back - the spray port hose connection worked perfectly.

What I determined was that the connection on the back of spray port was not seated correctly at the factory.

So you may check the back connection to make sure it is seated correctly.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:55 PM   #7

Hairball idea

That spray port is plumbed off the internal water pump also. See if you can set the valves up so you can hook a hose up on the outside and reverse the flow and attempt to “blow” any crude out. If that doesn’t work then it has to be a seat or an o ring. At that point, it’s $30.

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote