Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2018, 08:35 AM   #1

Eagle 317RLOK 2018 reviews

Any 2018 317RLOK owners out there? We are going to look at one this weekend and if all is well, we will pull the trigger. The one we are looking at has the full size fridge and king size bed. I wonder how tight it is to get around the bed versus the queen size. Anyway, wondered if anyone out there has one and would mind sharing their opinions on this unit.
Freeriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:19 PM   #2

We have a 2017 with a queen size bed. It will be tight to get around with a king size plus you lose the night stands. So far so good with ours minus the tankless WH, regretting that decision.
bender88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:26 PM   #3

We picked up our ‘18 two weeks ago. We used it last weekend for the first time. It has king size bed and 12 cubic foot fridge. I’m am 6’ and 200lbs. And have not had issue with the bed. Granted we have only used it once but do not see a problem. Got up in the middle of the night and did not bang into closet or stumble getting out of the bed. We have. 3” topper on mattress. To me bed is very comfortable. We have a few more short trips before we head out for the month of July to Grand Tetons/ Yellowstone and Glacier. And I can’t wait.
Afrnd2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:59 AM   #4

Thank you for the feedback. So what is the issue with the tankless water heater?
Old 04-25-2018, 08:15 AM   #5

we just picked ours up last week and there is room enough for me to get around both side of the bed to the bed up easily and I am not a small person. (king bed)
with the slides closed you can still get to one side of the larger gas fridge.
RetCGfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:31 AM   #6

this was not the best video but if you got to the 2 minute mark you can see the room on the one side. I did not film the other side well ,but I am walking around with ease.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:08 PM   #7

loving the new 317rlok

Well we picked it up last Saturday. Only had two issues. 1) when I hooked up the water, which has the water pressure regulator on the hose, a line blew loose from the fitting. Just had to go purchase a clamp to put on the hose. 2) Could not get hot water to the kitchen sink via the tankless water heater. Thanks to a post I made to this owners forum under Tech Talk I was able to figure out the volume of water coming out of the faucet was not enough to trigger the tankless to heat up the water. When I pushed the button on the kitchen faucet to spray water like a shower head that somehow triggered it to kick in. I guess more water flow.

So all in all I am well pleased thus far.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeriver View Post
Well we picked it up last Saturday. Only had two issues. 1) when I hooked up the water, which has the water pressure regulator on the hose, a line blew loose from the fitting. Just had to go purchase a clamp to put on the hose. 2) Could not get hot water to the kitchen sink via the tankless water heater. Thanks to a post I made to this owners forum under Tech Talk I was able to figure out the volume of water coming out of the faucet was not enough to trigger the tankless to heat up the water. When I pushed the button on the kitchen faucet to spray water like a shower head that somehow triggered it to kick in. I guess more water flow.

So all in all I am well pleased thus far.
what your shower head water flow lacking?
Old 04-30-2018, 02:36 PM   #9

No, the hot water worked in the shower and at the bathroom sink. I had no hot water at the kitchen sink when the water came out in a single stream. When I pushed the button at the spray head of the kitchen faucet for a fanned spray it somehow kicked in the tankless water system. So if we want hot water at the kitchen sink we just remember to set that option on the spray head of the faucet.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:17 PM   #10
DGW

Our only issue has been inverter wiring. Backwards, wrong guage wire, etc...on our second inverter in the past 2 months. Lucky nothing caught fire.
DGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeriver View Post
Any 2018 317RLOK owners out there? We are going to look at one this weekend and if all is well, we will pull the trigger. The one we are looking at has the full size fridge and king size bed. I wonder how tight it is to get around the bed versus the queen size. Anyway, wondered if anyone out there has one and would mind sharing their opinions on this unit.
We ordered ours just so we could have the queen size bed, residential fridge, tankless water heater & Sanicon macerator, just to name a few items we wanted. Every unit we looked at in stock at the dealers all had a king size bed which gives up the night stand. Happy with the tankless water heater. The water pressure definitely affects it's operation. Need between 50 & 60 psi for it to operate efficiently. The outdoor temperature on your supply hose also has an effect...........colder the weather the longer it will take to come up to temp.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote