Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-22-2021, 05:48 PM   #1

Eagle HT Electric Fridge Door Latch

On our maiden voyage on our 2022 Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS our fridge door has to have the handle pressed to close the door. This is one of the new electric Furrion models. I’m pretty sure that once we loaded the door with stuff it weighed it down so much that the latch no longer engages automatically. It doesn’t look like there is any vertical adjustment to the latch or handle. I may try putting a washer or two under the hinge to raise it up but I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this and what they did to address it. Pic below…
Attached Thumbnails
265CD35C-390C-406F-A1B4-0834949672FB.jpg  
Old 11-22-2021, 06:35 PM   #2

I had the same problem. It was a trial and error routine for me. Loosen the both screws and readjust the latch until both the freezer and refrigerator door engage properly. For me, I wish I had a specific procedure to tell you to use, but I just had to adjust it as described.
JosephC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:30 AM   #3
Site Team

We try to only put light things on the door. Different brand of fridge, but I think there's mention of that in our owner's manual somewhere.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 05:41 AM   #4

Same issue in 27BHB. It came from the factory like that before we ever loaded food into the door. I ended up using a drill bit to vertically elongate the holes in the little bracket, and the grinding down the diameter of the screw head to allow for vertical movement. Once put back together, adjust so both fridge and freezer close properly, as others have stated.
mehokie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:28 PM   #5

Following

I have had my 2021 Eagle HT 2445 with 12 volt fridge - love the fridge it is the coldest fridge we have ever had - BTW, in for warranty (now) 3rd time - Hate the latch. Fridge comes open while traveling untill we jammed a chair aganst it to force it to remain shut - then the chair footing dug into the transition flap on the floor - ripping it AND chair made a mark on the fridge.

COMMON
XMEDIC73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:12 AM   #6

We have had the same issue and have never been able to fix it successfully. We are camping now and have excessive condensation in our fridge which is making me wonder if the reason is that the door is not properly latched closed.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:06 AM   #7

We had the same issue. We did two things to resolve(hopefully Furrion comes to same conclusion).

1) There was guy in Forest river chat that 3d printed a latch that had grooves where screws pass through to allow up and down adjustment. I bought one from him for like 15 bucks shipped…. Worked wonderful.

2) i took off door and added washer to bottom hinge to shim door up a smidge. No further issues with door latching. Be mindful that coach flexes and fridge had to be perfect level in cabinet. When camper leveled during use, it does make door flex a bit and not align as well, but still closed and latched.

I think this latch design was poor from furrion and needs to be redesign as many have already posted that door unlatxhed during transit and swung open, we havnt had that issue, but others have
DBuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 11:07 AM   #8

THANKS

Can you provide a link to this 3D printed Latch ..... It could possibly help lots ofpeople.

XMEDIC73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 04:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones211 View Post
On our maiden voyage on our 2022 Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS our fridge door has to have the handle pressed to close the door. This is one of the new electric Furrion models. I’m pretty sure that once we loaded the door with stuff it weighed it down so much that the latch no longer engages automatically. It doesn’t look like there is any vertical adjustment to the latch or handle. I may try putting a washer or two under the hinge to raise it up but I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this and what they did to address it. Pic below…
I had same issue with my 27.5 RTLS fridge door. I took latches off and added washers under it and haven't had any issues since. Had thought about adding on the hinge, but adding under the latch on the door was easier.
Pooh bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 05:19 AM   #10

Same issue with Eagle HT 27RL I told the dealer about it and they did something with the hinge. It worked 3 times and then locked up again I just open it from the side
Meister2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 03:46 PM   #11

This was the guy from forest river forum that made the latch. Gis user name at bottom along with pics of latch he produces. Hope this helps everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
62DB3238-06FC-475C-A545-64127AD18E61.png  
DBuley is offline   Reply With Quote