Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2019, 08:56 PM   #1

Extended pin box

I just bought an Eagle MBQS355 and have a 2013 F350 SRW

When I ordered it, I asked multiple times if I needed an Extended Pin Box like the one I traded in had.
My last 5th wheel, my tail gate would never touch the trailer when it was down.

I dropped it off last week after my first week of camping, at the dealer's with a list of repairs and said that I would like the list completed or an answer that would satify me because I don't think im technically challenged.

So tomorrow I'm picking it up and I know that they're not going to have all the stuff done because, because of what they said, I told them that the things they don't get done, I'm old enough to do it myself. Because one of the first things they told me was that after 72 hours of taking it home, Jayco doesn't pay for things I didn't notice. I said we will see when I pick it up.
MPD56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPD56 View Post
I just bought an Eagle MBQS355 and have a 2013 F350 SRW

When I ordered it, I asked multiple times if I needed an Extended Pin Box like the one I traded in had.
My last 5th wheel, my tail gate would never touch the trailer when it was down.

I dropped it off last week after my first week of camping, at the dealer's with a list of repairs and said that I would like the list completed or an answer that would satify me because I don't think im technically challenged.

So tomorrow I'm picking it up and I know that they're not going to have all the stuff done because, because of what they said, I told them that the things they don't get done, I'm old enough to do it myself. Because one of the first things they told me was that after 72 hours of taking it home, Jayco doesn't pay for things I didn't notice. I said we will see when I pick it up.
Typical string of BS from dealers!!!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:19 PM   #3

Thanks

I don't have people skills and sadly I'm not hoping for BS. But it finds me.

Another biggie, is the brakes were not working right and the first thing they blame was the truck. I have a device that monitors and records the TBC output..
Old 07-03-2019, 09:40 PM   #4

Well

Short story is the difference between my old 5th wheel and my knew 2020 355MBQS 13 inches
From the battery door to the pin on my 2008 is 87 inches and my 2020 is 74 inches.

When I go to hitch up and tailgate is down, there is approx 2 inches between the trailer and the end of the tailgate.

Anyway, I'm going to write a detailed letter to Jayco about my concerns told the dealer that they should call Jayco first before they tell me Jayco won't do anything..
Old 07-03-2019, 11:36 PM   #5

Why did you measure it before you bought it?
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
Why did you measure it before you bought it?
No, I just measured it today, because it was the first time my trade in was available.
I ordered it and asked and sent an email stating that I had concerns. My last 5th wheel had an extended pin box. I asked and was told that this trailer didn't need an extended pin box.

So I simply asked the dealer if their was an extended pin box for this trailer now that I have towed with my 2013 F350. I realize that I don't want to take the risk of damaging my truck or trailer.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:31 AM   #7

Pin box

I think you are correct and I agree.

Every fifth wheel I have ever had has had an extended pin box.

You have to make sure you hook up exactly straight or you are going to hit.

Jayco should put extended pin boxes on their fifth wheels, but they do not.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 05:33 AM   #8

Trail air has an extended and it has an air bag in it.

If I would have thought about it, I would have taken the one off my Mobiles Suites I traded in.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
Old 07-04-2019, 08:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPD56 View Post
No, I just measured it today, because it was the first time my trade in was available.
I ordered it and asked and sent an email stating that I had concerns. My last 5th wheel had an extended pin box. I asked and was told that this trailer didn't need an extended pin box.

So I simply asked the dealer if their was an extended pin box for this trailer now that I have towed with my 2013 F350. I realize that I don't want to take the risk of damaging my truck or trailer.
I should've mentioned that I asked before the trailer was made.

When I brought the trailer in after my first trip. I gave them a list an said I would at least want an answer when I come to pick it up. I got it Jayco doesn't without them even calling them.

It stands that I just want them to confirm it. There is a few other things that I believe has to be done and they are not major. I was told that if I didn't find the damage in 72 hours Jayco doesn't pay for it. So that didn't sit well in my stomach. Their answer was we didn't call them because they know Jayco doesn't pay for it.

There is a lot going on and the pin box is the least of it.

Example

On May 21, it was made and when they put the roof membrane on. They put it over debris, I was told when I brought my wife up to go through the PDI and take it home. They said the good news is Jayco is going to pay for it and to bring it back after your I'm done camping in the fall and they are going to put on a new roof a store it outside for free. I guess I can tell the my storage place they can give away my space.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:19 AM   #10

You have a 2 year warranty......Jayco will cover things.

Yeah I had a brake problem with mine and figured I had grease on brake shoes.
Lazydays in Taytold me Jayco would not pay for that to be checked.

I went outside and called Jayco and it WAS covered.

Your dealer sounds like the majority of them. Maybe you can find a better one,