Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-17-2021, 12:28 PM   #1

Flooring problem

We have a 2021 Eagle fifth wheel with wood grain looking vinyl flooring. We have found in the embossed groove of the wood grain, that the vinyl actually split and because they do not glue the flooring down, you can take your fingernail and lift one side of the the vinyl up. Has anyone else had this problem?
McEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:39 PM   #2

Sorry for your trouble. I haven't seen this problem with our camper. I believe the company that provides the flooring for our Jayco Eagle is Shaw.

The weblink that shows our floor is on this page https://shawfloors.com/flooring/vinyl
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 08:23 AM   #3

36kpts 2018

Living room side of our island looks like bolts are pushing up thru our floor! Anyone else have this issue??
Attached Thumbnails
1637245460703230963877568370544.jpg   16372455168805548275995797839481.jpg  
RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 09:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVing View Post
Living room side of our island looks like bolts are pushing up thru our floor! Anyone else have this issue??
I had the same thing happen on my floor. Only one and it was right up against the kitchen island so it was not even noticeable. I lifted the round part slightly and found there is a very large screw that was pushing up. I tightened it down and glued the round piece down and all is well. Stopped the floor from squeaking in that place also.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 10:46 AM   #5

Nice to know. I will have my husband look at it when he gets in.
Thank you for the time to reply.
RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 12:13 PM   #6

There has been a few discussions on this issue from time to time. I feel like it has been a few years since the discussion.

Now days even in a stick built house, they do not fully glue the vinyl down. I put a decent size but small tear into my new vinyl floor in my kitchen. Luckily it is a slate image. I was able to glue that area down. It has been a few years now, and it has not been in issue since.

Number of people have had the floor replaced under warranty. The OEM vinyl is wall to wall. Installed prior the exterior walls are installed. For a warranty repair they cut remove the vinyl. Cut the vinyl up close to the walls and cabinets as possible, without removing them. Install the new flooring and work around the existing cabinets. When complete, install shoe molding, along all the walls and cabinets. Some people are fine with this, some do not like this approach.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 03:55 PM   #7

If you can, pull out the screw and make sure it is not rusted. You may also want to replace it with one slightly bigger to make sure it doesn't happen again.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 03:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendall View Post
Looking for the most perfect fit outdoor full cover for a 2018 17rb
Any suggestions out there? Possible one made for the R pod 17 work well??
Thank you
Welcome Aboard!

You will probably get more responses if you start a new thread. Just click into a forum subject area. Then you will find a black button in the upper left corner that will say "New Thread".

Good Luck

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 12:15 PM   #9

We have a 2019 Pinnacle 32RLTS and have had about 6 screws pop through the linoleum. The dealer replaced the flooring TWICE, which involved weeks and they damaged more than they fixed. Took unit to Jayco earlier this year for more screws coming through and a bunch of other stuff. Jayco mostly fixed the "other stuff" satisfactorily but just removed a couple of screws that were coming through (they said they weren't necessary) and they had a flooring repair service come "fix" the linoleum with some heat gun/coloring process. It's easy to see where they did the fix. Since then, we've had two more come through and I just cut a slit and removed them and glued the linoleum back . Looks better than their fix. Frustrating to say the least!
tfoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 01:14 PM   #10

I had 4 floor anchor screws pop through the flooring. I brought the RV, 2020 26xd class c, to the dealer to have this and a couple of other things fixed under warranty last September (2020). What they did is cut the flooring, remove the screws, fill the holes with construction adhesive, then glue the floor back in place. When I picked up the RV I was told the floor screws were "all set". Now I have 3 more pushing through. This winter I'm going to repair them as described in another thread posted here. Carefully cut the flooring remove the screw apply a thread locker to the screw and reinstall it. Glue the floor back down. My feeling is that these were put there for a reason, maybe like holding the house to the frame, and having 7 screws removed just might not be a good idea. I won't even get into the other things I needed done that were supposedly fixed. Suffice it to say I ended taking care of those issued myself.
Old 11-27-2021, 12:54 PM   #11

Our friend had this happen with a few screws popping up but he cause it himself from overfilling the fresh water tanks. They looked like ballons, raising the floor. Drained out the water and the floor went back down however the screws didn't. He did this a couple times.Jayco actually covered the floor under warranty because of the screws, I don't think he told them what caused it though.
tileguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 12:59 PM   #12

Our 23rb had a similar problem. Not much could be done without replacing the floor covering as the floor covering gles under everything, cabinets, couch, table benches...
Disheartening but what are you going to do but live with it..
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 02:30 PM   #13

Flooring problem

I had 1 screw work out about 1/4". I split the flooring just enough to unscrew it. It was a Torx head. Unscrewed it and filled the hole and underneath the floor covering with Henry's vinyl floor adhesive from Lowes. Screwed it back in and pressed all the adhesive out of the slot. Cannot tell where it was. The floor has glue holding the flooring down. I have heard some people remove a whole section of flooring, but I wouldn't do that.
steve.jurnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 02:40 PM   #14

Floor Screws Fixed

I had the problem of floor screws protruding. What I did was to use access holes in the coroplast underneath that were already there, took two nuts and threaded them on the bolt, tightened them together and used that to screw them back down tight. Then I tightened the nuts up to the frame so they couldn't come loose again. Saved having to cut the linoleum.
robert5733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 02:43 PM   #15

Thanks

Thanks Steve, yea probably will have to do this solution with the Henry's. Not sure where these screws come from, kind of makes one worry a bit about what's coming apart below the floor.
Unfortunately Jayco and well as many other's in the industry feel it's a cost saving to not do it right in the first place. To bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.jurnigan View Post
I had 1 screw work out about 1/4". I split the flooring just enough to unscrew it. It was a Torx head. Unscrewed it and filled the hole and underneath the floor covering with Henry's vinyl floor adhesive from Lowes. Screwed it back in and pressed all the adhesive out of the slot. Cannot tell where it was. The floor has glue holding the flooring down. I have heard some people remove a whole section of flooring, but I wouldn't do that.
Old 11-27-2021, 02:47 PM   #16

what was attached to nuts and bolts?

The bolts part of the water tank supports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert5733 View Post
I had the problem of floor screws protruding. What I did was to use access holes in the coroplast underneath that were already there, took two nuts and threaded them on the bolt, tightened them together and used that to screw them back down tight. Then I tightened the nuts up to the frame so they couldn't come loose again. Saved having to cut the linoleum.
Old 11-27-2021, 02:55 PM   #17

The bolts go through the floor and into the cross braces between the frame. I believe it is the main connection between the structure and the frame. There are 4 in each cross brace, and the cross braces are about two feet apart the length of the trailer. The only other frame to structure bolts I think there are, is the outriggers. I would be scared to pull more than one or two out. They are not that large, and with a lack of them, I would be afraid of them snapping and the trailer sliding right off the frame when taking a corner.
robert5733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 03:25 PM   #18

I don't like the feel of vinyl linoleum floors on my bare feet. I went to a carpet place and bought some high end carpet remnants and custom made wall-to-wall carpeting for our RV. Even if I have bolts push thru I wouldn't even know it...
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 03:34 PM   #19

We didn't have the exact problem. But in our 2021 Pinnacle the flooring split in front of the theater seating on the slide, about 6". There is a rough spot under the lip of the flooring. Our dealer contacted Jayco and Jayco sent new flooring for the slide all under warranty.
CoraS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 03:37 PM   #20

Yes, we noticed it before the bolts were that noticeable. We took it to our dealer and they took the underbelly off and tighten ALL the bolts underneath. I believe a couple had broken off. They did split the flooring and pounded the bolts back down. It was barely noticeable after and I couldn't feel it when I walked on the floor.
CoraS is offline   Reply With Quote