Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2021, 07:48 AM   #1

Fresh Water overfill while on City Water

I have a 2016 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS and when on City Water at a campground and with valve set to City Water and at a 40psi fill why does my Fresh Water tank fill up and exit through the overfill tube? I had the dealer switch out the valve which worked for awhile but it's back being a problem. Anybody else have this problem? What's the fix?

Thanks!

Marko
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 08:27 AM   #2

Could be the check valve in your pump and water is flowing back into the tank. Trying running it for a few minutes.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:25 AM   #3

Water pump internal check valve is not closed thus allowing the water to back flow thru water pump and fill water tank... cycle the pump motor several times to see if it will clear and reseat...

Also Id install a brass check valve on the output side of the water pump and you will never have the issue again...

Check valve can be found at any lowes or home depot and takes five minutes to install
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 01:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Could be the check valve in your pump and water is flowing back into the tank. Trying running it for a few minutes.
Thanks Grumpy I will give it a try. It makes sense.
Old 03-15-2021, 10:02 AM   #5

Grumpy, x 2
2022 RAM 3500 6.7L
Ruger, Rhodesian Ridgebacks
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:35 AM   #6

I'm not familiar with the setup on the Jayco rigs, but I had the same problem on my Bighorn. It used the single Anderson valve to select between city water, pump, and winterize. Over time, it became very stiff and I had to use pliers to change the settings. That's when I had the exact same problem, with my tanks filling to overflow when on city water.

I did get a kit to replace the internals of the valve, and it solved the stiffness problem, but the overfilling problem happened whenever I set the water pressure regulator to 40 or higher. They do sell a replacement that uses a different design, but it wasn't available at the time I needed it.
Hope this helps.
jbs-summerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:18 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbs-summerville View Post
I'm not familiar with the setup on the Jayco rigs, but I had the same problem on my Bighorn. It used the single Anderson valve to select between city water, pump, and winterize. Over time, it became very stiff and I had to use pliers to change the settings. That's when I had the exact same problem, with my tanks filling to overflow when on city water.

I did get a kit to replace the internals of the valve, and it solved the stiffness problem, but the overfilling problem happened whenever I set the water pressure regulator to 40 or higher. They do sell a replacement that uses a different design, but it wasn't available at the time I needed it.
Hope this helps.
Yes this does help. I look into this as well. Thanks.

Marko