Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2021, 06:58 PM   #1

Furnace fan runs but burner won’t come on.

We were camping last week with grown kids/grandkids when the temps dropped into the low 40’s for a few nights. We set the thermostat at 68 degrees, the fan began to run, for about 10-15 seconds, but the furnace would not light. Then the fan would stop. I pulled our manual out and found that if the fan runs, but furnace doesn’t come on, to do a hard reset, which I did several times, per the manual. Also lit our stovetop to be sure gas was getting through. We had one full tank of propane and one nearly half full. After several attempts, it finally lit and warmed the inside. But, wouldn’t come on again—for the next three days. We got by with the fireplace and a couple of small space heaters. Not sure what else to try or where to look, as the furnace itself is pretty inaccessible it seems. Any thoughts from other owners? Ours is a 2020 30.5CKTS. Thanks!
RickandBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:48 PM   #2

Sounds like a possible sail switch issue. Yes you will have to get inside the unit if thats the problem. I see it's a 2020 model guessing still under warranty if so dealer should take care of it.
Old 04-18-2021, 07:59 PM   #3

See the furnace troubleshooting in my attached document.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV Electrical Troubleshooting (ver 2).pdf (2.01 MB, 38 views)

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoMLOK View Post
Sounds like a possible sail switch issue. Yes you will have to get inside the unit if thats the problem. I see it's a 2020 model guessing still under warranty if so dealer should take care of it.
Thanks, and yes, it’s still under warranty until October. I was hoping it was something I could do myself but not sure how I access the inside of the heater box to find the sail switch. My understanding is it’s fairly easy to replace?
Old 04-19-2021, 08:19 AM   #5

Thanks for the guide!

Thank you for the attached guide—very informative and written in language even I can understand!
RickandBecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 02:23 PM   #6
CwD

Great document Jim. Thanks for creating and sharing!

Craig

CwD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 02:35 PM   #7

Rotten slide floor issue

I have a 2017 Jayco C Class, Redhawk, 29 foot motorhome. I purchased it is Sept 2019 with only 7500 miles. It now has 29K. I had a problem with the slide releasing from the seal when driving. I have just been informed by the service center that the slide floor is rotted out. At this point, they are not sure why but has anyone else had a similar problem with a Jayco slide. With the motorhome only 4 years old, I am concerned that if I have the problem fixed, is this something that is common with Jayco slides. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
JKolo is offline   Reply With Quote