Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2019, 08:43 AM   #1

Furrion Sound Bar

Hello all. I need help getting the Furrion sound bar to work with the Furrion tv. The stereo works the sound bar fine. But trying to switch it over to tv has not worked. I saw a thread where they said to put it on rear aux but that didn't help, nothing coming out. Any help?
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:51 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Hello all. I need help getting the Furrion sound bar to work with the Furrion tv. The stereo works the sound bar fine. But trying to switch it over to tv has not worked. I saw a thread where they said to put it on rear aux but that didn't help, nothing coming out. Any help?
Yesterday I was trying to do the same thing with my new Pinnacle. The only way I could get sound to the sound bar was to choose ARC on the receiver. However, the sound also comes through the ceiling speakers...........go figure!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:35 AM   #3

I replaced mine with a Bose soundbar. We bought a 2019 Eagle 317RLOK and the Furrion only worked through the stereo. Mine was wired to zone 2 I think.The Bose is great. I connected it using the digital output from the tv, and ran power cord back through the hole where the original speaker wires came from. Sounds so much better now!
tee-bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 05:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee-bone View Post
I replaced mine with a Bose soundbar. We bought a 2019 Eagle 317RLOK and the Furrion only worked through the stereo. Mine was wired to zone 2 I think.The Bose is great. I connected it using the digital output from the TV, and ran power cord back through the hole where the original speaker wires came from. Sounds so much better now!
I replaced mine also, it worked on zone 2 through the ARC on the TV. Biggest problem was that sound came through both the soundbar and the overhead speakers which I found highly annoying.

I replaced with a Polk MagniFi Mini since I has having a hard time finding a HDMI soundbar that was under 34" to fit in the spot. I just didn't want to have an extra remote for the soundbar that's why I went with one that used HDMI. Otherwise the little Bose one is on sale about everywhere for under $200 which has really nice sound without needing a separate sub.
Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
I replaced mine also, it worked on zone 2 through the ARC on the TV. Biggest problem was that sound came through both the soundbar and the overhead speakers which I found highly annoying.

I replaced with a Polk MagniFi Mini since I has having a hard time finding a HDMI soundbar that was under 34" to fit in the spot. I just didn't want to have an extra remote for the soundbar that's why I went with one that used HDMI. Otherwise the little Bose one is on sale about everywhere for under $200 which has really nice sound without needing a separate sub.
What model did you get.............searching Polk I couldn't find just the sound bar by itself.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
What model did you get.............searching Polk I couldn't find just the sound bar by itself.
I got the mini with the sub, which door me sits neatly behind the recliners where there is power.

I got mine on openbox from amazon for about $200. I did have to cut out a little bit eight behind where the speaker sits because it is a little deep for the built in sound bar shelf.
Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:07 AM   #7

The Furrion sound bars are not very good at all. Almost any sound bar would be a better option. If you have an ARC out on your TV it is a good option to get a sound bar that supports it. You will loose the connection to your Furrion stereo and the ability to play it to your sound bar. To me that is not a big deal. I replace mine with a SonoS Beam it fits great in the same areas as the Furrion sound bar and automatically switches to the TV when needed and it can stream music from tons of services. The sound is amazing for TV and music in the RV.
MaxDMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan View Post

I got mine on sale at Sam's Club for 169.00. It's the Bose Solo. You can put it in "stand by mode" and it will come on when it detects any signal from the TV. And with the BT I can link my phone or the stereo to it. It seems to have just enough bass for a small area like a camper.
tee-bone is offline   Reply With Quote