Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2018, 07:29 AM   #1

Girard tankless

I am not getting hot water to kitchen faucet. Is this a valve issue? If so, where would it be. I have a new eagle ht fifth wheel .
Jaycoht18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:10 AM   #2

Your not getting any water at all or the water just isn't hot?
georam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:15 AM   #3

Have water. Just not hot.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:17 AM   #4

Is the tankless water heater coming on when you run the water?
Old 05-21-2018, 08:17 AM   #5

Have hot water. Just not hot.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:20 AM   #6

It does in the bath but not in the kitchen
Old 05-21-2018, 08:28 AM   #7

Probably don't have enough water flow at the kitchen sink. I have the same problem with mine. Especially if you have a water filter on the city supply hose. Make sure if you have one of those lever type water controls on the kitchen sink that its only on hot water and see how it does.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:35 AM   #8

Yes, I do have a water filter. Have tried without it. No hot water. I have seen threads about pressure. Not sure that anything can be done with this faucet. I wonder if there is a regulator?
Old 05-21-2018, 08:40 AM   #9

Do you also have a regulator on your water hose? If so have you tried it without it? Last time I camped the water pressure was so low I had to take the filter and the regulator off to get the water heater to work anywhere. Campground water pressure was only like 30psi.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:56 AM   #10

If you have hot water in the bathroom, but not the kitchen, try removing the flow restrictor and/or aerator from the kitchen faucet.
ChapinSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:15 AM   #11

With the Girard, or any other tankless heater for that matter, you either have enough flow to ignite the burner or you don't.

So going by what the OP has posted about it being hot but not HOT, I have to assume the burner in the Girard is getting enough flow/pressure to ignite and the problem is elsewhere.

I am suspecting the mixing valve in the kitchen faucet. If it were me, I would unscrew the hot water line from the bottom of the kitchen faucet and run a few gallons into a bucket, waste basket, or other receptacle to see if the water then is as hot as the bath is. This would confirm a problem with the mixing valve in the faucet.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:41 AM   #12

Agreed, Girard is either on or off. But I think the OP answered a question about whether it turned on by saying yes in bath, no in kitchen.
ChapinSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChapinSpur View Post
Agreed, Girard is either on or off. But I think the OP answered a question about whether it turned on by saying yes in bath, no in kitchen.
I read the thread from the beginning and didn't see that mentioned. All I saw was Post #5 which led me to post what I did.

But if water is not even warm at the kitchen tap, then I agree with you that it is a flow/pressure issue.

After our 3rd Girard unit and although it worked ok once you got past the quirks and learning curves on operating it, we had enough. Finally collected enough pop cans to cash in for the deposits and get a Truma AquaGo Comfort unit and said goodbye to the Girard. Best move we ever made.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:52 AM   #14

Thank you for the responses. I was hoping it was a valve not on for kitchen. The water flow at sink is as strong as the bath vanity faucet. What a mystery. Unfortunately my dealership is difficult to get responses from. They say I can bring it in by appt. But can't leave it there. It's 4.5 hours away. My mistake. Went for best price. Now I pay.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycoht18 View Post
Thank you for the responses. I was hoping it was a valve not on for kitchen. The water flow at sink is as strong as the bath vanity faucet. What a mystery. Unfortunately my dealership is difficult to get responses from. They say I can bring it in by appt. But can't leave it there. It's 4.5 hours away. My mistake. Went for best price. Now I pay.
The first mod we did to our Eagle was to replace the cheap plastic bathroom sink with a larger ceramic one, both faucets in the bath and kitchen with residential Delta faucets and an Oxygenics Body Spa shower head. All the faucets were either standard single hole or 4" 3 hole mount so it was a VERY easy swap. MUCH better operation and quality than what came in it and I can now get parts for these if necessary a lot easier as well without having to hassle with the dealer.

Hope you get things worked out.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:56 PM   #16

Try switching the incoming lines underneath where they come into faucet.
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 04:50 AM   #17

Pressure problem

When I have pressure problems affecting tankless water heater or even adequate shower pressure I switch to water tank/pump from city water. Seems to fix it every time. This might at least rule in or out other problems.
berkashire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:50 AM   #18

Have you tried using your onboard pump? Are you able to increase/decrease the temp by the remote mounted controller in the bathroom?

My dealer once said their is a flow regulator on the back of the unit. I was also told it was for colder climates. The theory is the longer it stays in the heating unit the warmer the outlet will be. Yea I said a theory.....

I haven't looked but also heard it was a hard to get to area. When looking at the front it is on the right side lower back panel.

I have the file and it's large, over the one meg limit (ten meg file) for this site. Email me and I hope to be able to respond.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:37 PM   #19

I don't know what model RV you have but we had problems with the kitchen faucets in our last two Pinnacle's, very low water flow. In fact in our 2018 Pinnacle we have the tank-less water heater and it would not kick on when the kitchen faucet was opened. As with our 2012 I just replaced it with a Delta faucet and have never the problem since.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:53 PM   #20

Not sure if this will help, but make sure your faucets for the outside shower are off / closed. If they are left open you’ll get lukewarm water only.
Mark T is offline   Reply With Quote