Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2020, 05:11 PM   #21

On my outside panel, I select retract and use the down arrow key to advance until it says rear jacks, and then I press OK or Enter can’t remember exactly. This raises the middle and rear jacks. Then I adjust the front jacks to hitch height. Unless I’m parking on concrete or asphalt, the height changes from settling.

RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETCrockett View Post
On my outside panel, I select retract and use the down arrow key to advance until it says rear jacks, and then I press OK or Enter can’t remember exactly. This raises the middle and rear jacks. Then I adjust the front jacks to hitch height. Unless I’m parking on concrete or asphalt, the height changes from settling.

You must have a different outdoor panel than I do. I have a simple four arrow panel, auto-level, retract all and hitch height. That's it. How can you hit retract all and interrupt that by hitting the down arrow?
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:10 PM   #23

Two different panels floating around out there in recent models. My 16 had more option on the outside panel. My outside has up/down retract all, hitch height, and retract all.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 07:38 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
You must have a different outdoor panel than I do. I have a simple four arrow panel, auto-level, retract all and hitch height. That's it. How can you hit retract all and interrupt that by hitting the down arrow?
In your 2019 model I believe it would have the Ground Control 3.0 with the One Touch Control Panel (OTCP). The OCTP is inside. The outside control panel has limited functions. The most functionality is done on the inside panel. I think ETCrocket has either the 3.0 or 2.0 without the OCTP. The outside panel is completely different to what you have.

In my earlier post I was following up on what you did, not telling you to push the up button. When ready to hitch to the truck and you push Hitch Height it should react exactly how it did when you controlled it from the OCTP. Not sure why it didn't from the outside panel. Weird!
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:17 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar57 View Post
In your 2019 model I believe it would have the Ground Control 3.0 with the One Touch Control Panel (OTCP). The OCTP is inside. The outside control panel has limited functions. The most functionality is done on the inside panel. I think ETCrocket has either the 3.0 or 2.0 without the OCTP. The outside panel is completely different to what you have.

In my earlier post I was following up on what you did, not telling you to push the up button. When ready to hitch to the truck and you push Hitch Height it should react exactly how it did when you controlled it from the OCTP. Not sure why it didn't from the outside panel. Weird!
Thanks for your help. I know, weird that hitch height would work inside panel but not outside panel. But now I know. Doesn't mean I won't still try to make it happen on the outside one, lol.
Old 06-27-2020, 01:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Hello all. Got a question about losing hitch height memory. I leveled my fifth wheel at the storage lot and opened all the slides. I turned off the power via battery disconnect. Will I lose the hitch height memory? If I do, how do I get the jacks to retract without hitting retract all which would be the wrong thing to do. Do I have to manually retract on the control panel inside? It happened once before but I don't remember what I did to correct the problem. Ground Control 3.0 Lippert system. TIA.
On my 5th wheel when I store it I don't leave the slides open as I store inside with (4) other 5th wheels and there is no room to extend the slides. Also when storing I don't level it, I just leave it at the height when I unhitched the unit. I do disconnect and remove the batteries as I take them home and put them on battery misers. So when I come back to bring it home I reinstall the batteries and as it is at the height I need to have it already, I hitch up, raise the front jacks and drive home. At home I will leave the slides out only when we need to be in/out of the unit. However I always leave the unit leveled while at home.

Quote:
Ok, so when I was ready, I was at the outside panel, I hit the up button. It started to raise the front but nothing was happening to the center or back jacks so I stopped it after just two seconds. I then hit hitch height to see what it would do and the light started flashing. So I went inside to the control panel. I thought I'd try hitch height so I did. It worked. It retracted the back ones the center ones then raised the front. Weird.
At times I have tried to stop the Auto-Leveler, but have learned to allow it to continue as it doesn't really seem like it wants to stop and you always have to go to the inside control panel to clear the error or wait till the system clears it out after awhile (no more flashing lights). There have been times at home/camp when I have hit 'Hitch Height' and the unit will go to hitch height but not retract the middle & rear jacks. Don't know what causes this, but I leave it finish the cycle and then when it stops, I go the inside control panel and raise the jacks to at least 6 inches off the ground so can hitch to the truck with no unusual pressure on the frame/truck. After I am hitched and have tested that it is properly locked, I then hit 'Retract All' and then all jacks will retract to their proper position for traveling.

I had to have my inside control panel replaced last fall as the reset button broke and couldn't do anything with it. Note the Auto-Leveler will reset after awhile or when you disconnect the batteries.

Disclaimer: Thought some out there might wonder, I do still have/use the 2006 Jayco TT in my signature. But my main unit now is a 2018 non-Jayco 5th wheel that has a Lippert Auto-Leveler system. Hope this doesn't disqualify my responses.
Old 06-27-2020, 03:06 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post
On my 5th wheel when I store it I don't leave the slides open as I store inside with (4) other 5th wheels and there is no room to extend the slides. Also when storing I don't level it, I just leave it at the height when I unhitched the unit. I do disconnect and remove the batteries as I take them home and put them on battery misers. So when I come back to bring it home I reinstall the batteries and as it is at the height I need to have it already, I hitch up, raise the front jacks and drive home. At home I will leave the slides out only when we need to be in/out of the unit. However I always leave the unit leveled while at home.

At times I have tried to stop the Auto-Leveler, but have learned to allow it to continue as it doesn't really seem like it wants to stop and you always have to go to the inside control panel to clear the error or wait till the system clears it out after awhile (no more flashing lights). There have been times at home/camp when I have hit 'Hitch Height' and the unit will go to hitch height but not retract the middle & rear jacks. Don't know what causes this, but I leave it finish the cycle and then when it stops, I go the inside control panel and raise the jacks to at least 6 inches off the ground so can hitch to the truck with no unusual pressure on the frame/truck. After I am hitched and have tested that it is properly locked, I then hit 'Retract All' and then all jacks will retract to their proper position for traveling.

I had to have my inside control panel replaced last fall as the reset button broke and couldn't do anything with it. Note the Auto-Leveler will reset after awhile or when you disconnect the batteries.

Disclaimer: Thought some out there might wonder, I do still have/use the 2006 Jayco TT in my signature. But my main unit now is a 2018 non-Jayco 5th wheel that has a Lippert Auto-Leveler system. Hope this doesn't disqualify my responses.
It's normally not an issue. Usually when I disconnect coming back from a trip, I'll unhitch and lower the unit to almost level but not level the system. Cuz at times I'll open the slides in storage to clean/load for a trip. So then to hitch, all I do is raise it up to hitch up. But lately I've leveled in storage and opened the slides and left it like that, so much easier to have it leveled and open slides during the summer months because we go on trips so often. But this year has been a little different with Covid. Biggest issue is keeping the fridge open or cracked and I cant get to it unless I open opposing slides which is a pain in the ass just to shut the fridge.
Old 06-27-2020, 03:23 PM   #28

Sorry for the confusion on my equipment. My 2016 Pinnacle has the Ground Control 3.0. Below is a pic of my outside panel. I do not have a panel for leveling inside. I do have a leveling option on my hand held remote but I have never used it. On my outside panel, the up/down arrows toggles through options on the LED screen. The steps I mentioned were correct for my set up. Sorry I couldn’t help with the OP’s setup. I home you get it figured out.
Attached Thumbnails
048D8548-B85A-42A5-87F4-1D5D88A8D811.jpg  
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 03:38 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETCrockett View Post
Sorry for the confusion on my equipment. My 2016 Pinnacle has the Ground Control 3.0. Below is a pic of my outside panel. I do not have a panel for leveling inside. I do have a leveling option on my hand held remote but I have never used it. On my outside panel, the up/down arrows toggles through options on the LED screen. The steps I mentioned were correct for my set up. Sorry I couldn’t help with the OP’s setup. I home you get it figured out.
Not a problem. I figured you had the other leveling panel. I too have the phone app and have used it before, works pretty good. I could probably use the phone app instead of going inside to the control panel to take care of it but that would be too easy.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:07 PM   #30

Quote:
It's normally not an issue. Usually when I disconnect coming back from a trip, I'll unhitch and lower the unit to almost level but not level the system. Cuz at times I'll open the slides in storage to clean/load for a trip. So then to hitch, all I do is raise it up to hitch up. But lately I've leveled in storage and opened the slides and left it like that, so much easier to have it leveled and open slides during the summer months because we go on trips so often. But this year has been a little different with Covid. Biggest issue is keeping the fridge open or cracked and I cant get to it unless I open opposing slides which is a pain in the ass just to shut the fridge.
Understand about almost level, as that is what I do when I bring my TT home. I have found though that auto-leveling the 5th is not a big issue as while it's leveling I can do a couple of other things that I would do anyway while it takes the couple of minutes to level. And when I am ready to pull out, I just hit hitch height and I can hitch up pretty much without having to worrying whether or not the 5th is too high/low.

Also understand about trying to keep the fridge open when not running. Incorporated in the door handle of my TT fridge (Dometic I think) is a latch to keep it ajar. However the residential fridge (Whirlpool) in my 5th does not. It usually will stay open pretty much if the unit is level. However when I put it into storage it always is closed. I do try to make sure that it has cooled and had time to eliminate any moisture in it before taking to storage. When I bring either TT/5th home, I will plug in the units (now have 50A service) and also generally will turn the fridges on, as generally I have brought them home because I am traveling somewhere with one of them.

Can't really get to my fridge in my TT when slide is in. However I can open the fridge door most of the way (about 75-80%) on my 5th when slides are in.

Access to the fridge and to the bathroom when the slides were closed, were things we specifically looked for when we bought the 5th because we couldn't do either of those things when we towed the TT without opening the slides.