Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2021, 07:00 PM   #1

Hydraulic leveling front cylinder speed unequal

2020 32RLTS Pinnacle 5er Question-
Does anyone know if there is a side to side adjustment for the 2 front "hitching" hydraulic cylinders extend speed?

When unhitching the right (passenger) side cylinder pad always touches the ground first, nearly 2" ahead of the left side. I can almost unhitch the thing by the time the left pad touches the ground. I'm not liking the tweaking of the frame every time I unhitch, and parking in my drive it's 2" off level side to side. If I reverse the pump and lower a bit after the right pad has lifted it about 1" it is better, but I'd like to adjust and "synchronize" if possible.

I asked my dealer, (who couldn't figure out my fridge doors were unadjusted) he said "they all do that". Do they?

Anyone have the same issue or got advice? Or am I tossing a piece of 2x6 under the left front pad every time?
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 06:47 PM   #2

The following reply is from Equalizer Systems if anyone else has this issue. Allmost positive my dealer caused this swapping my R/F jack leg out and didn't purge it properly.
---------------------------------------
I would try purging the front jack legs. This is how

Fully extend the front jacks after they are fully extended continue to hold the up arrow for 10 seconds after it is fully extend the pump will be bogging down
Wait 10 minutes
Fully retract the front jacks. After they are fully retracted continue to hold the down arrow for 10 seconds after fully retracted the pump will bog down
Wait 10 minutes
Repeat this 2 more times. Then check your reservoir tank the fluid should be 1” to 1 ½” from the top of the tank. If it is not then add fluid. We use Dexron Automatic transmission fluid. It does not matter the # (3,4,5 or Mercon) as long as it is Dexron.

If you have any more questions please call our service department 800-846-9659 opt.2

Thanks
Randy Bowling / Outside Sales Rep.

Equalizer Systems 55169 CR 3 North, Elkhart, IN 46514
Old 08-20-2021, 11:22 AM   #3

I have the same problem except it's the left side that goes down first. I'm interested to hear if the solution works. One difference, as far as I know, I have never had any work done on my jacks. I have a 2020 Pinnacle 37MDQS.
dogwood04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 04:58 PM   #4

I will post if it improves, I'm on the road for another week or so and I'll keep using a 2*6 till I get home.
TS3 Hitch
Old 09-14-2021, 01:57 PM   #5

Update

Finally got time to call Equalizer Systems, Gentleman on phone asked a few questions and told me to drill out the orifice on the slow cylinder to 1/16" (.062").
Knowing that once a hole is bigger it's very hard to make it small again I drilled my slow side (L/H) to a #53, .059" and then it became the fast cylinder, too fast in fact, about 3" ahead of the R/H side. So I drilled the R/H side cylinder orifice to a #55, .052" and it's perfect! Both pads contact ground at same time.
Probably not a procedure to do if you're not comfortable with mechanical things, a bit of trial and error may be encountered. Easy access to top of cylinder fittings in the propane tank bays on my 5er.
Procedure is raise both cylinders fully, disconnect top line with a 9/16" wrench, remove orifice with 11/16" wrench and carefully drill preferably in a vice. I would recommend going small and working up in drill size as needed. He also recommended to try to run the cylinders up with the line disconnected, and if fluid comes out the fitting hole that cylinder may be leaking internally.
TS3 Hitch
Old 09-14-2021, 06:42 PM   #6

Thanks for coming back to report. I'll give it a try and see if it works for me.
dogwood04 is offline   Reply With Quote