Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 06:06 AM   #1

I hate my 2019 Jayco Eagle

I’ve had my 2019 Eagle for 6 months and it’s been nothing but problems. The dealership isn’t willing to help because we are permanently parked and can’t bring it in for service and they don’t want to send a tech 20 minutes out to fix anything.

1. The front right quick connect water line for washing the RV was leaking from day one. Right on top on the inverter!!! When filling the tank with water the bottom shelf of the closet would be soaking wet. It’s ruined the fake wood finish and all our closes. I found the leak finally and cut the water line to the out side fitting and put a permanent stopper in. So no washing the RV from that location.

2. The bathroom sink cold fitting has to be tightened every now and again because it leaks water. Most we lost there was rolls of toilet paper that luckly soak up the water.

3. The front most low drain valve in the bathroom under the sink decided to open one day and we lost all 75 gallons in the RV and all 125 gallons in an external tank. Took me a day to find it but the “pop up” style valve just decided to open one day!!! THANK GOD my external water pump is able to run dry! I don’t know how long it was on for! We’ve already lost one $170 pump because it wasn’t a run dry style and it caught fire when it ran dry.

4. The sail switch on the furnace has gone out twice now because it gets clogged with stuff. Luckily the first time it only dropped to 50 degrees in here and the second we were here and knew the furnace wasn’t coming on. Jayco put the furnace in poor location and it all needs pulled out to get to it. The first time it happened was a 2 hour long ordeal calling the furnace manufacturer and the dealership to give me ideas what it was and trouble shooting the electrics. Needless to say the dealership wouldn’t give almost any advice because they wanted it in there for money.

5. The leveling system doesn’t work at all. Try to auto level and you might as well park it on the side of the mountain.

6. There’s so many holes in this thing bugs just call it their home. We have pest control now spraying it down 4 times a year at $52 a month.

7. Our fault I believe but the toilets clogged and currently undergoing mass amounts of waste dissolving “tie dye” packs to liquefy the waste and paper. We’ve tried to drain 3 times and only got the water out. The first 2 it only dripped out. The 3rd it came out like crazy but looking down I’m the toilet you still see all the solids.

8. The seal on the toilet has failed. It’ll no longer holds water in or gasses out.

9. The valve for the toilet water is failing. You have to play with the foot peddle to get it to stop or the toilet runs wasting water. That’ll be nice one day when it over flows onto the floor.

10. The antenna for the cable TV lasted 1 week. We had Time Warner out to install the Internet modem and since then no more TV. We had about 20 channels then nothing. He touched nothing but plug in the modem and run the cable line to the RV from the street.

6 months far, nothing but headaches and it’s winter!
Old 12-25-2018, 06:53 AM   #2

2019 Eagle

I, for one will never buy a new RV of any kind, that being said, I'm 78 yrs old and not camping but about 6 times a year for a couple weeks each time.
However, when you consider the immediate depreciation of 20 to 25% of the new unit's value when you title it and then you have a used RV. IMHO, it takes 2 to 3 years to work the bugs out. I say let someone else do that and if you don't get to anxious you can get a used one from someone needing to sale theirs due to age and/or health , etc.:
Old 12-25-2018, 07:52 AM   #3

Synolimit, Sorry to read about all the issues you have been having with your rig. Dealers love to take the money and run. I am fortunate our 2017 Eagle HT has only had a loose piece of moulding. (knock on wood) They say patience is a virtue. hang in there.
Old 12-25-2018, 07:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
I’ve had my 2019 Eagle for 6 months and it’s been nothing but problems. The dealership isn’t willing to help because we are permanently parked and can’t bring it in for service and they don’t want to send a tech 20 minutes out to fix anything.

1. The front right quick connect water line for washing the RV was leaking from day one. Right on top on the inverter!!! When filling the tank with water the bottom shelf of the closet would be soaking wet. It’s ruined the fake wood finish and all our closes. I found the leak finally and cut the water line to the out side fitting and put a permanent stopper in. So no washing the RV from that location.

2. The bathroom sink cold fitting has to be tightened every now and again because it leaks water. Most we lost there was rolls of toilet paper that luckly soak up the water.

3. The front most low drain valve in the bathroom under the sink decided to open one day and we lost all 75 gallons in the RV and all 125 gallons in an external tank. Took me a day to find it but the “pop up” style valve just decided to open one day!!! THANK GOD my external water pump is able to run dry! I don’t know how long it was on for! We’ve already lost one $170 pump because it wasn’t a run dry style and it caught fire when it ran dry.

4. The sail switch on the furnace has gone out twice now because it gets clogged with stuff. Luckily the first time it only dropped to 50 degrees in here and the second we were here and knew the furnace wasn’t coming on. Jayco put the furnace in poor location and it all needs pulled out to get to it. The first time it happened was a 2 hour long ordeal calling the furnace manufacturer and the dealership to give me ideas what it was and trouble shooting the electrics. Needless to say the dealership wouldn’t give almost any advice because they wanted it in there for money.

5. The leveling system doesn’t work at all. Try to auto level and you might as well park it on the side of the mountain.

6. There’s so many holes in this thing bugs just call it their home. We have pest control now spraying it down 4 times a year at $52 a month.

7. Our fault I believe but the toilets clogged and currently undergoing mass amounts of waste dissolving “tie dye” packs to liquefy the waste and paper. We’ve tried to drain 3 times and only got the water out. The first 2 it only dripped out. The 3rd it came out like crazy but looking down I’m the toilet you still see all the solids.

8. The seal on the toilet has failed. It’ll no longer holds water in or gasses out.

9. The valve for the toilet water is failing. You have to play with the foot peddle to get it to stop or the toilet runs wasting water. That’ll be nice one day when it over flows onto the floor.

10. The antenna for the cable TV lasted 1 week. We had Time Warner out to install the Internet modem and since then no more TV. We had about 20 channels then nothing. He touched nothing but plug in the modem and run the cable line to the RV from the street.

6 months far, nothing but headaches and it’s winter!
Try to ask the dealer what are the cost they are not reimbursed for and I will make you whole out of my pocket. See if that doesn't work better! They have to drive out to take care of your issues under the 2 year. Remember 1 trip out to see the issues and then once they get the parts one to install them. 20 mins each way times 4 and how many miles? maybe 20 each way. Might require 2 tech to repair maybe three. Or rent a truck and take it in for repairs like the rest of us.
2015 Silverado 2500
Old 12-25-2018, 08:07 AM   #5
Site Team

Try going to Jayco customer service directly and see if they will approve a mobile tech under the circumstances.

If you are living in it full time that may affect any warranty claims.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 12-25-2018, 09:37 AM   #6

The local (RV-Force) mobile tech will charge a fee to inspect but will take it off the cost even if it's warranty. It may take a little time for the manufacture's approval, but it may be worth your wait.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
Old 12-25-2018, 11:00 AM   #7

You could be dealing with a bad dealer. Try another dealer. Try Jayco. Items sound like inexpensive fixes. Could fix them yourself or pay to have them fixed as well. Another option is take the tailer in for repairs. That's a iffy thing with any manufacturer to pay for a mobile tech. More costs are involved. I have heard of Jayco doing it, but it's not a common thing. I've also heard of people getting declined for warranty mobile techs.

Rv's aren't meant to be lived in full time. So they are not air tight nor pest tight.

Is this your first RV?

The leveling system probably just needs calibrated or you're not using blocks under all the jacks.

You aren't leaving the black tank valve open are you? You should be only dumping when the tank is at least half full and then add more water and use the flusher when you dump. Use septic system safe TP. Always use treatment. I use an dose at after dumping and one every day till I dump it.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Old 12-25-2018, 11:39 AM   #8

Is your TV antenna booster still on? Maybe it got bumped off.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Old 01-02-2019, 01:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Is your TV antenna booster still on? Maybe it got bumped off.

Earl
Where is the antenna booster on a jay flight 29rlds 2018 so I can turn it on ? I have terrible pickup in front and no channels in back
Old 01-02-2019, 02:33 PM   #10

You are going to have to take it in to the dealer, period. They aren't obligated to go to you. It's an RV, it's got wheels and is meant to roll. So go.
Closed Thread