Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2021, 10:29 AM   #1

Ice maker/water shutoff valve

We have a 2021 Pinnacle with a Whirlpool residential refrigerator. We are unable to locate the shutoff valve for the ice maker. We have pulled the drawers out of the cabinet and oven next to the refrigerator, looked under the “island”, and pulled the outside panel to check behind the unit. No luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
usafdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:13 PM   #2

You're lucky in that you have the outside access to the back of the fridge. Beats having to pull it out. You have the Insigna stove so not sure where of if they put a shutoff in the slide. With the Furrion stove in the earlier models there us a drawer under the oven where everyone says there is a shutoff valve. I have looked there on mine and have yet to locate it. The is a second shutoff valve located in the island under the sink. At least on my 5er there is a removable panel on the LH side. There is a rack that holds the covers for the sink during travel that had to be removed to get to it.

I hope that helps.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:30 PM   #3

There is no specific water shutoff valve for the icemaker only . The shutoff valve is usually (2020 pinnacle) behind the bottom drawer (look closely) between the stove and fridge and there are or can be shutoff valves behind the hidden walls that surround the trashcan on the left side of the island. There is also a drain valve back by the rear of the axles on the under left side. These valves also cutoff the drinking water dispenser on the fridge.
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:46 PM   #4

Mine is in the island on my eagle 325bhqs
Mchartier3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:17 AM   #5

THANK YOU AND PROBLEM RESOLUTION

Thank you to all of the members whose assistance and advise is greatly appreciated.

One of the Techs at our dealership finally figured out the problem. The 2021 Jayco Pinnacle has a new FRESH WATER SYSTEM which runs off of a standard 5 gallon container and feeds both the fresh water faucet by the sink AND the ice maker / cold water unit in the residential fridge. Because the system is independent of the main water system it has its own pump. The switch for the pump is on the side of the island. Now for the fun part: There are two individual valves, 1 for the faucet (which is under behind a panel in the island) and 1 for the fridge (which is located behind the panel in the cabinet to the left of the oven (you’ll need a square #2 driver to remove the screws). The problem was the valve for the fridge was left closed.

Because this is a separate system it must be winterized separately. The tech recommended keeping both valves open all of the time. When dewinterizing, pump water through the system, using the 5 gallon container, until both the refrigerators ice maker and water run clear. Now, replace the water filter in the fridge.

I hope that this information helps other members.

Again, thank you.
usafdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:44 AM   #6

keep in mind though that pump under the island even though it is 12v is plugged into 110v with a 12/110v plug which requires Generator output or shore power. The 110v plugins on the island will not run off the inverter - they are generator or shorepower only. If you are dry camping - no drinking water or ice cubes. NO KIDDING. My solution was to purchase a 110v volt pump and install it behind the bottom drawer between fridge and stove and wire it to the fridge 110v wiring box under drawer which does run off the inverter. Of course you will need to do some plumbing changes under island (install some valves and t-valves) By doing so the, the water tap on the sink will no longer function (no big deal) but you will have ice and drinking water when dry camping without a generator or shorepower.
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:20 AM   #7

I too have the fresh water system and my valve was left loose so learned all about that really quick. To winterize, mine has a release valve outside under the slide out that will help drain the water in the lines. I turn off the ice maker (inside fridge by ice tray) a few hours before we leave and open that valve.
Flashdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:42 AM   #8

Found the shutoff behind the oven in my 2018 North Point. I am going to relocate it since it is almost impossible to reach. Does anyone know how to remove the oven? I have to do that to get to it. The icemaker line breaking initiated all this.
MartandMillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 08:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafdaddy View Post
We have a 2021 Pinnacle with a Whirlpool residential refrigerator. We are unable to locate the shutoff valve for the ice maker. We have pulled the drawers out of the cabinet and oven next to the refrigerator, looked under the “island”, and pulled the outside panel to check behind the unit. No luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Cabinet next to refrige lower cabinet from in side of cabinet pull back off two screws holding it stupid place to put it
DOPHINS2 is offline   Reply With Quote