Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-19-2019, 12:59 PM   #1

Jayco Eagle 355 MBQS for full timing ??

My husband and I are looking to start full timing. We have been researching the 2020 JAYCO EAGLE 355MBQS. Does anyone have experience with this model? I’ve read the manufacturer’s warranty coverage for full timing is iffy with jayco.
Keh3491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keh3491 View Post
My husband and I are looking to start full timing. We have been researching the 2020 JAYCO EAGLE 355MBQS. Does anyone have experience with this model? I’ve read the manufacturer’s warranty coverage for full timing is iffy with jayco.
My understanding is that Jayco only warranty's the North Point & Pinnacle for full time. I could be wrong.........I'm sure others with chime in.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:58 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum. So what did the dealer said, wait don't ask them, like AKRUEBBE someone will chime in.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 06:56 PM   #4

I've got the 2019 355MBQS. What questions?
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:19 PM   #5

Did you buy it brand new or used? What issues have you had, if any?
Old 11-19-2019, 07:45 PM   #6

We’ve got a 355MBQS that we’ve had a few months. No issues with the camper itself. However, I did have a 15A fuse blow that worked the manual switches for the awnings and 2 of the 4 slides. Was still able to operate them with the touchscreen, though. Biggest pain was trying to find where the fuse was! ��

We we really enjoy the roominess and features of the camper. We also like the farmhouse interior and how it accentuates the living area and kitchen.
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:53 PM   #7

Do you full time? We really like how the mid bunk house door is in the hallway so you get that extra storage in the kitchen. I haven’t found any layout like it. I love the farmhouse! Can I ask how much you got the price down from the MSRP? We have never bought a camper so this is brand new. I’ve been reading that usually you will get some percentage off the MSRP but I’m not sure if that true or even how much.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Do you full time? We really like how the mid bunk house door is in the hallway so you get that extra storage in the kitchen. I haven’t found any layout like it. I love the farmhouse! Can I ask how much you got the price down from the MSRP? We have never bought a camper so this is brand new. I’ve been reading that usually you will get some percentage off the MSRP but I’m not sure if that true or even how much.
No, we camp about 10 times a year or so, usually within 200 miles from home. Some farther, some closer. We also use it as our “mobile hotel” when attending events, etc. The mid bunk door is great in the hall, as you said, because it leave more area in the kitchen.

A new 355 will likely have a selling price in the $64-67k range, depending on options.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:16 PM   #9

The recipe I used for determining price was 30% off the base price, then I went for 50% on any upgrades, tire upgrade, MORryde Pinbox, steps etc. which was about 35% total. I had to send them back a couple times. I may have been able to get a little more, but I was good with the price. They will deal more if they think your going to finance with them, so if your going to pay cash or get a loan from your own bank, finance through the dealer then pay it off the first month. Also they will try to really gouge you on extended warranty, gap, tire warranty and Perma plate. So do your homework on these before you go in and decide if you want them and what a fair price is. At this point your taking delivery and are just excited to get it home and use it after a long process. They prey on that. I got burned on the Perma plate, or at least I think so, but the jury is still out on that one.

Sorry own an Eagle HT, no full time warranty.

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:32 AM   #10

Quote:
As of the 2019 model year, the North Point and Pinnacle lines were "officially" listed as compatible with full time use. Jayco knew for years they were being used that way in some instances and to my knowledge, never denied a warranty claim based on full time use. They just needed to make it official so they could be on even footing with the likes of Montana, etc.

Now, the Eagle lines are not "officially" listed as compatible with full time use. So will Jayco also look the other way here as well like they did for years with the NP's and Pinnacle's? I can't say.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:10 AM   #11

Quote:
Did you buy it brand new or used? What issues have you had, if any?
We ordered ours on February 1, 2019 and it was delivered on April 5, 2019. We paid right at $62k for ours. We've had just minor issues that have popped up. We've put about 8000 miles on it this year. Awnings were misaligned, one would stick, Master BR wall has putty coming through in several places, kitchen shade busted. Front cap underneath was separating near kingpin but that got fixed. Nothing major. Love the layout to include bunkroom door in hallway, not kitchen. Not gonna take my coffee nook away, lol. We looked at a lot of 5th wheels and came up with this one as the best layout. Love it!
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:01 PM   #12

Quote:
How are they going to know your a full timer unless you tell them
billcf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:38 PM   #13

I would start with the foundation. What is the floor made of? Our North Point is 3/4" tonged and groove not manufactured marine vacuumed sealed sandwich flooring.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 08:14 AM   #14

We have been researching the 2020 JAYCO EAGLE 355MBQS. Does anyone have experience with this model?

We have a 2017 355MBQS. I’m sure the 2020 haven’t changed that much in three years?
We love this camper but are not full time. The list of negatives on our camper is very short but here are my two biggest...
1. The mid bunk layout is awesome but I would not plan on using it to sleep in for adults or older children. This room is best suited for gaming, office space or storage. My two oldest boys who are 5’10” and 6’ ft tall don’t really have the leg space to sleep in that tight area. Also the upper bunk has no functional latter. You’d need to bring one with you.
Bring a fan, the one register in this room is positioned in an odd space and it can get stuffy with the door shut.
2. Our 355MBQS is extremely tall with the dual ac unit equipped on top. The front ac is bulky and will add at least an extra 12” to your setup. This really limits your ability to store the camper inside during the winter. I had to get creative this year and manually load our camper inside by using a skid loader while keeping the front of the camper very low to the ground! Wasn't hard , just more time consuming. Our neighbor down the road has the same problem with his Pinnacle. He has a great barn, with a large door built for a tall camper, yet it’s still too short so it sits outside in front of the barn.
Snake4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 08:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake4Hire View Post
We have been researching the 2020 JAYCO EAGLE 355MBQS. Does anyone have experience with this model?

We have a 2017 355MBQS. I’m sure the 2020 haven’t changed that much in three years?
We love this camper but are not full time. The list of negatives on our camper is very short but here are my two biggest...
1. The mid bunk layout is awesome but I would not plan on using it to sleep in for adults or older children. This room is best suited for gaming, office space or storage. My two oldest boys who are 5’10” and 6’ ft tall don’t really have the leg space to sleep in that tight area. Also the upper bunk has no functional latter. You’d need to bring one with you.
Bring a fan, the one register in this room is positioned in an odd space and it can get stuffy with the door shut.
2. Our 355MBQS is extremely tall with the dual ac unit equipped on top. The front ac is bulky and will add at least an extra 12” to your setup. This really limits your ability to store the camper inside during the winter. I had to get creative this year and manually load our camper inside by using a skid loader while keeping the front of the camper very low to the ground! Wasn't hard , just more time consuming. Our neighbor down the road has the same problem with his Pinnacle. He has a great barn, with a large door built for a tall camper, yet it’s still too short so it sits outside in front of the barn.

Yes, we have a 2020 model of the 355MBQS.

1.) We have flip down bunk and couch below. The couch pulls out to a queen-size bed. Perfect for bigger kids and/or guests. The ladder in the hall comes out at an angle to make access to the upper bunk more accessible.

2.) Our front A/C unit is low-profile and also ducted. Not noticeably much higher off the ground than the front edge of the rear A/C. We use our camper throughout the year, so not really an issue for storage.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunZ71 View Post
Yes, we have a 2020 model of the 355MBQS.

1.) We have flip down bunk and couch below. The couch pulls out to a queen-size bed. Perfect for bigger kids and/or guests. The ladder in the hall comes out at an angle to make access to the upper bunk more accessible.

2.) Our front A/C unit is low-profile and also ducted. Not noticeably much higher off the ground than the front edge of the rear A/C. We use our camper throughout the year, so not really an issue for storage.

Good to hear about the changes they have made to the front ac to make it low-profile!

The ladder to the upper bed above the bunkhouse is not what I was talking about, although I might have made it sound like that in my first post.
I’m talking about the bunk inside the bunkhouse. There is no ladder and it’s made for a small person!
The fold out cushions are the way to go for guests or older kids.
Snake4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:31 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake4Hire View Post
Good to hear about the changes they have made to the front ac to make it low-profile!

The ladder to the upper bed above the bunkhouse is not what I was talking about, although I might have made it sound like that in my first post.
I’m talking about the bunk inside the bunkhouse. There is no ladder and it’s made for a small person!
The fold out cushions are the way to go for guests or older kids.
Yeah, the flip down bunk in the room is for smaller children for sure. You must have the gamer chairs instead of a couch, correct? We saw a few like that, but thought we'd get more use out of the full queen if needed. When there are no guests, that room is a great office or sitting area/watch tv, etc if needed.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:58 PM   #18

I just noticed your post. We also have a 2019 355MBQS. I was very concerned with the height of the trailer. It was 13'9" hooked up to my truck and 13'7" when level. I called Jayco directly and talked with their customer sevrice. They told me they were aware of the issue and would replace the front A/C unit with a low profile unit. My dealer did it a few months ago and it shaved about 4" off my height. What a relief it is knowing I'm under the 13'6' limit.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:13 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by billcf7 View Post
How are they going to know your a full timer unless you tell them
When they look at your home address and recognize it as Escapees.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:24 PM   #20

Looking to buy

We are looking to buy the Eagle 355 MBQS - I appreciate all of you sharing your pro's and con's. My husband and I like to cook, is the oven sufficient to to some good baking?
ryounglewis is offline   Reply With Quote