Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2017, 05:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
You're right, just like any warranty repair the manufacturer ( cars, appliances, tv's etc) have a set amount they pay for a repair.
What I seem to read in the forum over and over again, is that Jayco rarely, if ever, denies a reasonable warranty claim. But the dealer often blames Jayco for their own ineptitude and inattention to a problem, a claim, a repair, a customer with an emergency, or for screwing up the circumstances of the claim. It gets denied, and the dealer just passes along the bad news. If the customer truly needs the repair, they end up paying the market price for the repair, and go away mad, thinking Jayco are a bunch of crooks who don't honor their warranty. When, all along, it was a dealer mistake that caused the whole mess.

Like with anything, ya got good dealers and bad dealers. How to tell the difference? You'll rarely get something for nothing. A dealer who sells the product for 6 grand below the others is not likely your best choice for service, and they seem to give preference to those customers who bought their rig at that store.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:03 PM   #22
tld

tledwards25, Thank you, thank you and thank you. After reading your comment about checking the back strip of aluminum along the roofline of the back wall, I went out to my 2016 Eagle to take a look and found about an 8-inch section that was popping out from the wall. It appears that the screws are letting go and the seal has been broken. I check the roof seems regularly so I think that this must have just recently occurred. Fortunately, I keep it covered when not in use so hoping there is no moisture damage. I have 2 months left on my warranty so really glad that I discovered it now. And I hope that Jayco will not give me any problems in covering the repair. Thanks again!!

tld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:45 PM   #23

tld - i was thinking I wasn't the only one with this issue, especially when i sent it on another trailer as earlier stated. Glad i could make awareness of this. I hope others read this and look at their trailers as well. As far as dealerships, mine has been pretty good so far. I used another dealer last fall near to me (large chain dealership) and had to call Jayco directly about the bathroom fan cracking issue (no UV stabilizer). The other dealership accused me of hitting a tree or something at first and said Jayco denied claim. Up till now Jayco has been no problem with handling the other warranty issues and even sent me parts directly to my house (bathroom door handle). This one is a big one and it kills me as i constantly look at my trailer for leaks! They haven't gotten back to me with an update (Dealer or Jayco).
tledwards25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:12 PM   #24

All dealerships, RV, auto's and what not have a delivery fee. That doesn't mean that they should repair thousands of dollars in shotty workmanship and defective parts. Can't blame the dealer for this one, its the Extremely Poor Craftsmanship of the workers who build these RV's and the company in general who uses substandard components.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1 View Post
All dealerships, RV, auto's and what not have a delivery fee. That doesn't mean that they should repair thousands of dollars in shotty workmanship and defective parts.
There is a "Delivery fee" and "Dealer Prep Fee" on the invoice, then some dealers add a PDI fee on top of that.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:42 PM   #26

Update - Just received word from my dealer that Jayco has stepped up and accepted the claim. Parts are now on order. Happy Customer!!!! Please check your trailers and that aluminum strip on the top of the back wall.
tledwards25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:52 PM   #27

Glad to hear its getting fixed ... good for you to keep at them.