Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2020, 08:20 PM   #21

These are pics of the switches I purchased

These are pics of the switches I purchased.
Attached Thumbnails
DE6BDBC1-6BBC-4407-A395-646499AFEB12.png   8A9584F4-D87C-4A6F-88BB-810490908008.png   55D5FFD2-3890-40DF-BBAE-8ECF5E00ACF0.png  
ronnieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:05 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnieb View Post
I also have 355MBQS I purchased the dimmer switch with the four wires coming out of it. My bedroom also has a looped wire connected to the bottom of the original single pole switch and one to the top. I’m not sure what to do.
I pulled the switch in the living room that controls the lights over the recliners. It looks just like the bedroom switch. I’m lost on how to connect this 4 wire dimmer. It has the pin hole light in the middle of the touch control.
All the wires on the original switch are black and neither has a white stripe on the wires :/
Thanks in advance for any help!!!
Yep, that's the same one I bought, Facon dimmer switch just like the ones already installed in the 355 everywhere except the BR and over the recliners. I also bought the 3-wire slider switch. I have abandoned my quest to install over the recliners. I had the dealer attempt to install either one. Neither would dim as I was standing there while he was doing it with other warranty work. Once he grounded the switch, the dimmer worked fine. So he said they would have to install a ground wire and since it was in the slide, it wouldn't be cheap so I dropped the issue. I know others have discussed how to do this on this setup but I'm not going to do it at this time.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 08:31 AM   #23

Rkymntsno

Is the looped wire on the switch a hot wire? I had a meter with me yesterday but could never get it to work properly.
Jayco was to email me the wiring diagram for my unit but I never received it. They were all working from home because of the virus. I can’t figure out why that did the dining room and not the recliner area since they are both on the same slide.
Also have you had an issue with the bunk room being a little warm compared to the rest of the RV ?
Thanks!!
Old 07-26-2020, 08:36 AM   #24

Quote:
Rkymntsno

Is the looped wire on the switch a hot wire? I had a meter with me yesterday but could never get it to work properly.
Jayco was to email me the wiring diagram for my unit but I never received it. They were all working from home because of the virus. I can’t figure out why that did the dining room and not the recliner area since they are both on the same slide.
Also have you had an issue with the bunk room being a little warm compared to the rest of the RV ?
Thanks!!
If you scroll up on this thread others talk about it. The loop goes to the two lights. The bottom wire is hot I think. Don't know, not that good with wires and electricity. Yes, the bunkroom seems to always be warmer. We block the window with reflectix. My vent now remains open all the time as we replaced the one they had. Can't be closed as it was always closing during travel. Others have commented to cover the register under the desk and that lets warm are in from the basement.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:19 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
Yep, that's the same one I bought, Facon dimmer switch just like the ones already installed in the 355 everywhere except the BR and over the recliners. I also bought the 3-wire slider switch. I have abandoned my quest to install over the recliners. I had the dealer attempt to install either one. Neither would dim as I was standing there while he was doing it with other warranty work. Once he grounded the switch, the dimmer worked fine. So he said they would have to install a ground wire and since it was in the slide, it wouldn't be cheap so I dropped the issue. I know others have discussed how to do this on this setup but I'm not going to do it at this time.
Go to post #11 and wire the dimmer correctly.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:40 AM   #26

That switch only has three wires mine has four. ??
Old 07-26-2020, 11:51 AM   #27

Maybe the switch like you have pictured would work
Old 07-26-2020, 12:00 PM   #28

Quote:
Maybe the switch like you have pictured would work

It does. I have them all over my coach and they dim down to 5%. Here's a schematic to show how to wire an LED dimmer. Sorry it's sideways. The software this website has doesn't let me upload it horizontally. I'm an electrician so I can guarantee you if you wire an LED dimmer circuit correctly it will work.
Attached Thumbnails
LED Dimmer Schematic.jpg  
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 01:44 PM   #29

I can’t find a ground at the switch. There is one wire that is a loop that has been spiced into the switch. The other is a single wire that is hot once the switch is turned on.
I am real green when it comes to electrical stuff. :/
Old 07-26-2020, 01:53 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
It does. I have them all over my coach and they dim down to 5%. Here's a schematic to show how to wire an LED dimmer. Sorry it's sideways. The software this website has doesn't let me upload it horizontally. I'm an electrician so I can guarantee you if you wire an LED dimmer circuit correctly it will work.
This schematic means nothing to me. I saw it when you originally posted it. I appreciate you trying to explain about installing the dimmer but I can't even make out that schematic. I have no way of blowing it up.