Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-20-2018, 01:49 PM   #1

Low Point Drain

Yesterday I was getting ready to blow out my plumbing system and I was opening up all the low point drain valves. On my 2018 NORTH POINT 315RLTS, there is a low point drain label by the passenger side basement door. When I looked underneath the coach I saw to lines coming out from the belly but they do not have valves on them. There is blown insulation all around them that I didn't want to start pulling out. My thought is they may have placed the valves in the belly and covered them with the blown insulation?!?! Anyone have this same low point drain in that location and can't see the valves?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:07 PM   #2

If you are washer/dryer prepped they are low point drain for that....there are valves behind the interior basement wall basically directly above where they pertrude out under the camper....that is the way it is in my 18 Pinnacle ....
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:32 PM   #3

What he said. Should be an access panel on the inside basement wall. Will be 2 pull up, push down valves on those lines
Old 12-20-2018, 02:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sola123 View Post
If you are washer/dryer prepped they are low point drain for that....there are valves behind the interior basement wall basically directly above where they pertrude out under the camper....that is the way it is in my 18 Pinnacle ....
Yes, I'm washer/dryer prepped, so you have to unscrew the wall panel to get to the valves? If so, that is really inconvenient.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 12-20-2018, 02:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy220 View Post
What he said. Should be an access panel on the inside basement wall. Will be 2 pull up, push down valves on those lines
The forward wall?
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 12-20-2018, 02:37 PM   #6

Not really....it’s a small panel in my pinnacle on the big wall....2 screws....easy to see and get to...
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Old 12-20-2018, 05:07 PM   #7

There is a small panel on the left inside the basement. Take out the two screws. It allows access to some electronics. You will see the two pop up valves in each water line. Easy but inconvenient.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:20 PM   #8

I agree it’s a pain in the ass to move my stuff and then remove the panel, so I put some valves from hdepot under the trailer on those two lines.

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringneks View Post
I agree it’s a pain in the ass to move my stuff and then remove the panel, so I put some valves from hdepot under the trailer on those two lines.
That is on my list also.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:29 PM   #10
Site Team

I removed the bottom screw and now I can just rotate the cover out of the way to operate the valves. Hey, it not something that is done but once or twice a year.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Yesterday I was getting ready to blow out my plumbing system and I was opening up all the low point drain valves. On my 2018 NORTH POINT 315RLTS, there is a low point drain label by the passenger side basement door. When I looked underneath the coach I saw to lines coming out from the belly but they do not have valves on them. There is blown insulation all around them that I didn't want to start pulling out. My thought is they may have placed the valves in the belly and covered them with the blown insulation?!?! Anyone have this same low point drain in that location and can't see the valves?

I didnt know they use blown insulation in an rv. Is this something Jayco changed?
vegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasguy View Post
I didnt know they use blown insulation in an rv. Is this something Jayco changed?

I think he’s referring to the spray foam insulation

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
I have the exact same model as you do. Those drains are controlled by the valves behind the access panel to the left inside of the passenger side basement door. They are the main drains for the plumbing system.
When you remove the access panel you will see the valves. The relationship to the washer prep is that it also drains that portion of the plumbing system. You will have to open the taps in the bedroom closet to make sure there is air entry into the system, allowing the water to exit.

Don't forget the valve under the kitchen sink that supplies water to the fridge as well as the valve behind the drawer under the gas stove, that allows water to the fridge ice maker. Another valve is situated on the drivers side exterior, behind the rear wheel and rear jack. It is a chrome valve similar to a residential toilet supply on the end of a blue water line. This valve allows the water from the fridge ice maker to exit as well.

With the water supply to the trailer disconnected and draining the system, remove your whole house water filter element from the housing, re attaching the housing, open all interior taps, the exterior hand shower taps, with the hose connected and the spray nozzle held open, the 2 main valves in the basement, the valve under the kitchen sink (behind the partition to the left), the valve behind the drawer under the stove and the exterior valve on the drivers side rear, to completely drain the system. There is a comprehensive set of directions in the manual that includes how to drain the ice maker.

You should also blow water out of the black water rinse system. There is about 10' of water line from the dock connection to the black tank, with the anti siphon valve situated behind the bathroom shower taps, only accessible via the linen closet. The black tank rinse supply line runs from the dock, upstairs to the back of the shower and back down to the black tank.

If you are putting antifreeze in to the system or blowing air in to push the water out, you can connect the hot and cold taps, in the bedroom closet together using a short hose with female fittings on each end, making sure the antifreeze circulates at that point or that any water will move out as well. I used a residential washing machine supply hose for that job. Make sure you have washers in the female fittings to prevent leakage.

As for the access panel cover I replaced the screws that hold it in place with industrial strength velcro. That way you shouldn't have to remove the compartment contents to get the screws out.
Hope this helps.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:05 PM   #14

Aww ok not confused anymore.
vegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:35 PM   #15

That certainly was a good explanation for a new Jayco owner like myself....I better go check a couple of things...thought I did it all but .....
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Old 12-21-2018, 04:23 AM   #16

Don't forget to bypass the water heater and pull the drain out of it also. Mine also has a screen strainer on the outlet of the pump that I remove after it is blown air. It will freeze and break if you forget so they say and I bought a spare.
albirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:55 AM   #17

My Pinnacle has the tankless water heater....I think I got everything except the black flush...need to check on that....thanks for your suggestion/reminder.....
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Old 12-21-2018, 09:53 AM   #18

I added velcro to the small panel and use that rather than screws. But yeah, you still have to move stuff out of the way.

Dave
dkegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:16 PM   #19

I put two new valves underneath the outside to control the low point drains. I leave the two inside behind the basement wall open all the time. Much easier.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 05:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkegel View Post
I added velcro to the small panel and use that rather than screws. But yeah, you still have to move stuff out of the way.

Dave
The panel I found is about 2 feet wide and 1 foot tall just to the right and below the vacuum cleaner access. There were two black valves which I didn't know if you turn them or pull them up. They have no stops but can be completely turned 360 degrees. Are those the valves I should have been looking for?
Formerly from Sequim, WA

« Slide Covers | Wth »