Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-04-2019, 10:07 PM   #1

Nautilus water system

I have a 2019 North Point with the Uni-Dock Nautilus water system. I have always had low water pressure inside the coach and chalked it up to the campground we did our shake down at. However we are at another campground and still have low pressure. I have an adjustable regulator to see what the park pressure is and they are pushing out 65PSI.

I removed the water filter to see if that made a difference but it does not. When I flush the toilet it takes a few seconds to build pressure and for water to start flowing. This happens using any faucet and the outside attached hose in the water bay.

Has anyone experienced the same issues? I think with all the back flow preventers installed in the Nautilus system is restricting the water pressure. I have been thinking about bypassing the system just to supply water to the coach and I could switch back to fill the fresh water tank.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:16 PM   #2

Before you do that, open up the wall next to the wet bay and check your water lines. Something may be kinked. Be warned, it’s ugly in there! Lol

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Before you do that, open up the wall next to the wet bay and check your water lines. Something may be kinked. Be warned, it’s ugly in there! Lol
Tom why yes it is extremely ugly in there...lol I have been through it with a fine tooth comb and all looks well that I can see. The only thing I can think of is there is an obstruction inside the city water inlet valve that I cannot see. However all of those valves are connected together on the inside. Guess I will have to start disconnecting them from the back one by one and see if I can find any trash or other foreign objects.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:31 PM   #4

Just a guess but it could be something stupid like a back flow preventer installed wrong. I know it sounds crazy but it wouldn’t be the first time something like that happened. Have you tried running the pump using the tank? If your pressure is good using FW tank, you can narrow your search for the culprit

Old 02-04-2019, 10:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Just a guess but it could be something stupid like a back flow preventer installed wrong. I know it sounds crazy but it wouldn’t be the first time something like that happened. Have you tried running the pump using the tank? If your pressure is good using FW tank, you can narrow your search for the culprit

Awesome idea and no I haven't but will as soon as I get home! Hopefully it will give me an idea of where to look. I watch the pressure start strong in the kitchen sink but quickly slows down. Weird the toilet is just the opposite. Starts weak then gets stronger if you keep the peddle down. But ultimately not as strong as it should be.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:40 PM   #6

Good luck!

Old 02-04-2019, 11:27 PM   #7

I always felt that the water pressure in our Seneca with the Nautilas P3 panel was low. I recently redid my whole wet bay in my Seneca and one on the thing I changed was the hose connection was on the far left of the bay yet the pass through for the hose was on the far right. I used a JP Products connection and moved it to the right side for a straight down connection and just replacing the connection with the JP unit increased our water pressure quite a bit. I don’t know if it’s a defect or the way the Nautilas one is built.
Attached Thumbnails
92FFB79B-2D84-42C6-A28C-CF3D7C469D55.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote