Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2022, 05:14 AM   #21

How did Jayco offer replacement?

Did the dealer have to contact Jayco, or did you directly? Very interested to know how you managed that.

Thanks!
Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH98391 View Post
My dealer tried to replace my BM Pro panel with one that did not have the buttons. I contacted BM Pro and they said that there are tablets with the buttons available and dealers should not replace existing tablets with what they refer to as the 'lite' version. Jayco is now sending me the full version. They fail to tell you that you may not be able to pair any devices like your phone, tables, or add-ons like bluetooth switches and propane tank monitors without substituting a panel with the buttons at the bottom to make the pairing.
mcdona.98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 05:24 PM   #22

We got screwed also. No one told us the buttons are on on the unit or any info on the situation. It’s going back to the dealer for good. This is ridiculous to pay the kind of money these costs for lies or not telling the customer what’s going on. Looks like I’m out a lot of money. Any one want a new 22 Pinnacle. Never used one time.
Chief one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 05:37 PM   #23
DRP

Here is the magic

If you purchased new and your window sticker says BMP Pro and not BMP Pro Lite, I suggest that you contact the Federal Trade Commission. That is what I did.

Jayco will say "we reserve the right to change any items published on marketing materials". The FTC will say that the window sticker is not marketing material, not a website, not a brochure and can not list any waivers. The FTC said to me that buyers rely upon the window sticker for their buying decision. I did this myself to get Jayco to provide a ladder, a convection microwave and and adjustment for the hot water heater. What is so annoying is that even after Jayco did the right thing, they referred to it in my emails as a "courtesy". Really???

Jayco should be ashamed of it's practices. They will do the right thing when you put the screws on them. Don't be afraid to go the the FTC site and make a complaint. Jayco will not acknowledge the complaint but will magically become easy to work with once you make a substantiated complaint.

Don't count on your dealer to be your advocate. The don't want to loose their deal with Jayco. You will have to do the heavy lifting on your own. Good Luck. It worked out for us on a 2022 model but it wasted a lot of our time to get them to do what they were supposed to do in the first place.
DRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 04:40 AM   #24

Finally got the real BMPro

So the mission was complete. I called / pleaded with the dealer service department over the phone many times and was told they would not replace under warranty. That week I drove to the dealer and gave hell to the sales department mgr. He was understanding but didn’t promise anything. I even showed him a Jayco Eagle out front with the correct BMPro, but not my much more expensive and equipt Northpoint. The next day I got a call from the service dept saying they were ordering me the corrected BMPro. I picked it up the other day and 4 screws and working like a champ.

The benefit I have now, is I moved the old BMPro-Lite to the bedroom wall, so now I have two!

Honestly, I think the sales guy looked into the cost of the part (which in my opinion is probably $100 or so dealer cost) and said just order it.

Hope others are able to get their issues resolved as well.

Bryan
mcdona.98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 04:28 PM   #25

My BMPro Lite recently failed and has been replaced under warranty.

The new panel is the standard versions with the buttons across the bottom. Are these parts interchangeable and will the new one work as expected?

Is it plug and play or will additional setup be required. I use the phone app regularly and hope it still works too.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 06:08 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
My BMPro Lite recently failed and has been replaced under warranty.

The new panel is the standard versions with the buttons across the bottom. Are these parts interchangeable and will the new one work as expected?

Is it plug and play or will additional setup be required. I use the phone app regularly and hope it still works too.
The App should work fine, but not sure about the buttons if you didn't have them from the get-go. They are direct wired to the BMPRO node in the basement and work irrespective of the tablet.
Old 02-18-2023, 04:15 PM   #27

2020 Jayco Northpoint, nothing but problems with the Bmpro system. Have had to replace the node and tablet. Around 900.00 worth
Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 11:49 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdona.98 View Post
I’ve tried that approach a number of times, without success. I’ve given my local dealer a detailed description of the issue and will continue to work with them to resolve. I’m not giving up on getting a real version of the BM pro and not this ‘lite’ version.
Can you tell me if you figure out how to fix it? I am on the same problem. I can't open the app because I'm struck at the same page that shows me to press the buttons that I don't have.
Lilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 04:27 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilian View Post
Can you tell me if you figure out how to fix it? I am on the same problem. I can't open the app because I'm struck at the same page that shows me to press the buttons that I don't have.

This might work. My replacement tablet was just replaced under warranty, and we had just returned home from a week long trip. Next day, I noticed the phone APP would not connect to the camper via Wi-Fi. I found the screen frozen on a Google page, can't exactly remember which, but nothing I had done. I tried the usual, battery switch off/AC power off to camper. That didn't work, so I took the tablet off the wall and disconnected the cable in the back. After it went dark, I reconnected and it booted up normally. it has been working like a champ so far.
Old 09-03-2023, 06:09 AM   #30

Have you seen the 'reset' hole? It's not easy to know where to look. Using a flashlight below on the wall, shine up and look on the right side for a small hole. Insert a paperclip and hold it for a few seconds. This should reboot the device and restore the icons so you can gain access to the programs again.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 06:16 AM   #31

I presume you meant that for the poster asking. For me, although doable, the tank less water heater panel is under the tablet, and it is kind of awkward getting to it.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:05 PM   #32

I have the same issues, our BM pro jaycommand node has been replaced 2x in 2 years. However I am beginning to think it was the Jaycommand controller all along. It now is trying to boot up and doesn't have enough power to boot it up. The tablets battery I believe is junk.

I just ordered a new command controller from Camping World and pray they can get it to me at a tune of $900.00 sad and it is not covered under warentee.
My phone works but the redundancy buttons and tablet are dead.
Kmeilleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 06:10 AM   #33

There is the bluetooth app on the phone. If you are or know anybody that is mechanical/electrical savy you can actually install seperate switches in a box or on the wall. You can run wires from the node to mechanical switches (momentary buttons, switches, etc.) to control any device mechanically. I would say about 99% of BMPRO owners do not know this. They find out when a relay fails on the node (because they (don't want to pay the $700-$900 for node replacement) so they bypass it with a mechainal switch where the item in question connects to the node lectrically (two wires). You can do that with a good working relay on the node.
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 07:57 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edutron View Post
There is the bluetooth app on the phone. If you are or know anybody that is mechanical/electrical savy you can actually install seperate switches in a box or on the wall. You can run wires from the node to mechanical switches (momentary buttons, switches, etc.) to control any device mechanically. I would say about 99% of BMPRO owners do not know this. They find out when a relay fails on the node (because they (don't want to pay the $700-$900 for node replacement) so they bypass it with a mechainal switch where the item in question connects to the node lectrically (two wires). You can do that with a good working relay on the node.
I would love to see a you tube on how this is done.
Kmeilleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 11:10 AM   #35

Find node, look at outer panel, the wires are numbered for each system such as awnings, slides, etc. Connect two additional wires at each point for example awning #1 and run to a switch. SPDT momentary switch. Run the wires inside the coach. I did this for our bedroom slide when the relay fried itself (yep, I was pissed).
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 12:02 PM   #36

As it relates to depending on electronic stuff to operate the simple things in life, well we had to deal with the cable system updates using the new Xumo stuff. If it wasn't bad enough with the multiple remotes and cable boxes, well the cable company sends you the equipment and it comes with a little bitty paper instruction stating that you just unplug your current crap and then plug in the new and improved disc unit using an ethenet cable

Then you just follow the instructions to operate the remote and then you will see all of the related channels that you used to view.
Right, sure, well nothing worked after hours of swapping lines and phoning my kids.

Well we called the cable company and they sent someone out to walk us thru the system. Well hells bells you got to register your unit, program your tv and all sorts of jaz before you can seen anything remotely close to a regular channel

The cable guy looked at us and said that all these new and improved electronic stuff was created for kids. Old folks, [not really said those words ] will never be able to operate this electronic stuff and it was not intended to be used by old folks. Its pretty bad when you cannot turn on a tv and switch to a particular channel that you want to watch. I don't call that improving anything.

The moral to this story and pertaining to this topic is that all this electronic crap needed to just do the simple task of opening the slide or turn on a light has caused Jayco to loose a customer that has been with them since the middle 80s.

Add that to the crap they put inside of them now in the form of furniture and seat cushions, even worse than many other brands, I bet there are a lot of other folks that walks away from the new units that has eliminated the simple switches for the simplest of things. Engineers may be able to lay claim to designing something, but few have perfected the art of making stuff work regularly for the majority of the citizens that purchase this particular product.