Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2022, 08:33 PM   #1

No "buttons" on current jay command.

It appears new shipments of Jaycos have a Jaycommand Center without the quick buttons for lights, slideouts, awnings etc. We were doing the walk through on our new 321RSTS when we realized this just prior to signing the final papers. This according to BMPRO is due to the "chip shortage", so they had to improvise. Needless to say this is a much more cumbersome control center without the quick buttons. Per an email from BMPRO: "Unfortunately, because there are no redundancy buttons you will not be able to run
slide rooms or awnings or turn lights on or off quickly.
Internally, this updated Controller is known as the RVMC-Lite."

I'm curious if others may know more about this... mostly will it be possible to replace that "partial panel" system at some point down the road? Are others as frustrated and disappointed as I am, or just be glad we got our rig and production wasn't stopped. At least, make sure you look at the Jaycomand module in any new rig you are considering.

davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 09:00 AM   #2

Should be taking delivery of my Pinnacle later this month...keeping fingers crossed it will come with everything installed.

I don't think its a deal killer...knowing you can pair to your phone and work every thing thing from there for redundancy.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 11:58 AM   #3

Just picked up our Northpoint 377RLBH and has the RVMC-Lite. I’m not a fan so far, but haven’t really dug into it very much. I’ve yet to pair my phone to the system so will try next, but I think that may be one of the challenges with this version. I’ll post again once I’ve given the system an in depth trial.

Bryan
New Jayco owner - as of 3/11
mcdona.98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 03:17 PM   #4

1 week later - still not progress getting bluetooth to sync

Just a quick update:

1- I’ve reached out to BNPro regarding the missing buttons.
They confirmed it’s due to parts shortage.

2- I also asked about how to pair via bluetooth to the BNPro system as there are no instructions for the “Lite” version of the product.
They did reply and I attempted their suggestions, but still no success. (there are switches above the controler with labels to pair, but never work properly).

3- I asked BNPro if they would be retrofitting the Lite with the standard product.
They currently do not have a program for this, as they are still dealing with supply issues. They also stated they reserve the right to not update the lite versions (which I find unaccepatble).

My main issue besides the ability to pair to bluetooth, is the complete lack of ability to control slides if for some reason the BNPro interface is non functional. There are no manual switches to allow this. I’m an elecrical engineer and can easily see how this would be a simple solution with a few rocker switches and wires, at least for the interim.

My next step is to call my local dealer and complain, but I’m sure they’ll be at a loss as well.

Buyer beware at this point. If you take delivery of a new Jayco with a BNPLite - Make sure you get in writing the dealer to provide and update the system when the new part is available.

Bryan
Old 03-20-2022, 03:51 PM   #5

I agree totally. BNPro also told me there likely will be no replacement even if/when it becomes available. I also "paid" for a full jaycommand system.. not a lite version. I understand the work around is better than not completing rigs at all, but am also very frustrated this has happened.

davolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 04:00 PM   #6

someone on another thread said to hold the water pump button and it would enter the pairing mode.

B&W hitch
Old 03-20-2022, 04:02 PM   #7

I think you should deal with Jayco if you feel you didn't get what the trailer was suppose to come with....you bought the trailer from them and Jayco bought the BmPro.

B&W hitch
Old 03-20-2022, 07:41 PM   #8

I was just at a camping show this weekend. Eagles and HT's had the lite. The Pinnacle had the full version.
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 07:21 PM   #9

Instruction on how to pair using water pump button.

https://teambmpro.com/wp-content/upl...-Lite-v1.0.pdf

B&W hitch
Old 03-28-2022, 03:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
Instruction on how to pair using water pump button.

https://teambmpro.com/wp-content/upl...-Lite-v1.0.pdf
Wow, you have to have an earlier controller with the buttons to pair wall switches. I hope that is not something that has to be done often as you would not be able to do this without a second controller with the buttons. We have a 2021 321RSTS with the buttons and it hasn't lost communication with any switches yet so hopefully if you have one of these "lite" versions you won't have that issue.
Old 04-07-2022, 06:56 PM   #11

I’ve tried that approach a number of times, without success. I’ve given my local dealer a detailed description of the issue and will continue to work with them to resolve. I’m not giving up on getting a real version of the BM pro and not this ‘lite’ version.
Old 04-08-2022, 09:40 AM   #12

Mine have the redundant buttons and have came in very useful when we found the screen locked up and can't get phone to connect, which happens way to much!
Flashdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 10:44 AM   #13

Everyone has their own opinions, but I'd have to pass. I wouldn't want to rely on 3rd party to control equipment. Hopefully you have many many years in the RV and then comes that day with a new phone or an update or you change equipment (yada yada yada) and all of a sudden you can't control your RV anymore.
Old 04-09-2022, 07:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini4mw View Post
Everyone has their own opinions, but I'd have to pass. I wouldn't want to rely on 3rd party to control equipment. Hopefully you have many many years in the RV and then comes that day with a new phone or an update or you change equipment (yada yada yada) and all of a sudden you can't control your RV anymore.
It all could be converted back to hard switches if that would ever happen or even changed over to a new electronic system if needed.

B&W hitch
Old 04-09-2022, 10:55 AM   #15

Very true. I'm just saying that for me, if I bought one, I'd want it there without having to add it myself at my expense. I can also understand how hard that would be (to say no to the deal) after waiting a long period of time for it to come in and being full of excitement and thoughts of the first trip out.
Old 04-10-2022, 05:04 AM   #16

Adding my own manual buttons

I think at this point one project I’ll take on in the coming months is to put in my own manual buttons (temporarily I hope). I’ll likely locate them in the basement so I can wire easily. When I complete, I’ll post the results. I can’t believe BMPro or Jay just didn’t do this themselves.

Bryan
Old 04-16-2022, 05:30 PM   #17

My dealer tried to replace my BM Pro panel with one that did not have the buttons. I contacted BM Pro and they said that there are tablets with the buttons available and dealers should not replace existing tablets with what they refer to as the 'lite' version. Jayco is now sending me the full version. They fail to tell you that you may not be able to pair any devices like your phone, tables, or add-ons like bluetooth switches and propane tank monitors without substituting a panel with the buttons at the bottom to make the pairing.
JCH98391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 08:24 PM   #18

My 32RLTS has arrived and is at the dealer...it has the buttons

B&W hitch
Old 04-16-2022, 08:51 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
My 32RLTS has arrived and is at the dealer...it has the buttons
Very good. I like redundancy. My tablet failed and had to be replaced but the buttons still worked. The phone app gives a 3rd back up. I actually use it a lot, especially for operating the jacks during hook up. I have to lower the Reese Goose Box onto the ball in my bed and while it doesn't have to be perfectly centered it does need to be close. I can watch it while it going down to be sure there's no hang ups. I haven't tried it yet but I think as long as the tablet is connected to wifi you can remotely adjust temps, turn on lights or whatever. I like the system much better than I thought I would. I hope it works for the long haul.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 04:31 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
Very good. I like redundancy. My tablet failed and had to be replaced but the buttons still worked. The phone app gives a 3rd back up. I actually use it a lot, especially for operating the jacks during hook up. I have to lower the Reese Goose Box onto the ball in my bed and while it doesn't have to be perfectly centered it does need to be close. I can watch it while it going down to be sure there's no hang ups. I haven't tried it yet but I think as long as the tablet is connected to wifi you can remotely adjust temps, turn on lights or whatever. I like the system much better than I thought I would. I hope it works for the long haul.

X2 to that. My wife does the hook up duties with the phone app, and I watch lol. I use the APP to monitor everything from anywhere as long as we have WiFi