Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2017, 07:16 AM   #1

No Wireless on new HTs?

So I just brought home my 2018 30.5 MBOK. I'm VERY happy with it, but I have a question. Is there any way to open the slides and awnings wirelessly anymore?

The Jayco website still touts a wireless remote as a feature, but there is no longer a wireless remote in a cradle by the entry door. There is an android based small tablet in the hall, but mine is permanently attached. So no matter if I use the tablet or the hard switches, I can't see all of the slides from the inside. I can't see the awning well at all. And I obviously can't see the outside of the slides.

The tablet has some self-help features that demonstrate pushing a latch to detach it from the wall, but it is clearly a different version and mine doesn't do that. It also mentions a phone app, but the first steps in setting it up involve menu options that don't even exist on this tablet (for setting up coach wireless).

The only thing the tablet does better is give me access to autolevel faults and to extending the gear manually/individually, but again I can't see the legs while I do it?!

So, does anyone out there have a new HT that can tell me if I'm missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:36 AM   #2

See if this helps.
https://www.lci1.com/onecontrol
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:06 AM   #3

You use a smart phone with the onecontrol app as the remote. Can also use a tablet with the app as well.

The wall display is just that, a display. It's not a tablet.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:00 AM   #4

I will give the iPhone app a try...

Old 09-13-2017, 01:08 PM   #5

No luck.

The iPhone app does not work. If I follow app instructions it simply says "Connection Error:couldn't connect to MyRV"

If I follow the instructions on the touchpad screen it says to select the icon for "wireless manager" under the MyRV icon, but problem is that no such setting or icon exists. It's as if they gave me the full manual but a stripped down device.

Old 09-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #6

I called the dealer, dealer directed me to call Lippert, Lippert said the dealer didn't set it up right and to take it back to them.

So my dealer (it's a good dealership, I'm quite happy with them) said it's all new to them and they'll have to try to figure it out, but they have no idea what that entails and of course that are swamped. So I told them I'd help them out and wait until Fall when things die down a bit. I'm too busy right now too.

I'm more concerned with just verifying that I'm supposed to have this capability, and that I'm not supposed to have a stripped down version that's not capable of wireless.

Old 09-13-2017, 02:43 PM   #7

We have a 2018 HT 27.5 RKDS and we have a remote...

2018 Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post

Do you have a touchscreen panel as well?

Old 09-13-2017, 03:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
Yes, 2017 HT 29.5BHDS here, and we too have the remote. (no separate touchscreen panel)

Camping buddies: SWMBO, 2 Kids, 2 Pooches
Wldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:57 PM   #10

I wonder ( since the remote bracket is mounted on the wall) if they forgot to put the remote in?

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire View Post
Do you have a touchscreen panel as well?

No touch screen.

2018 Eagle HT 27.5 RKDS
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:47 PM   #12

Our 2018 28.5RSTS has the wireless/bluetooth connectivity. Our trailer had instructions in a cabinet about how to connect. We have an Android smartphone and downloaded the application. I got tired of my smartphone always connecting to the RV because then I lost Sprint connectivity so I deleted the application. There was probably something I could do to make it work better but I just didn't care enough to work through it.
DNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:01 PM   #13

I have the remote for mine and I never use it. I like to check the inside when running the slides to make sure nothing gets caught. And I use the LG switches when outside since that's where I stand anyway. I run the awning when standing at the door.

Maybe if I had four slides and multiple awnings I'd use a remote
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:06 PM   #14

You may have a wifi access point you need to connect too in order to use the lci OneControl app. There should be a ID and password posted in the RV to connect to your access point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bsla11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcbice View Post

Trust me... you probably wouldn't .
Old 09-14-2017, 12:24 AM   #16

Wireless control

Quote:
So I just brought home my 2018 30.5 MBOK. I'm VERY happy with it, but I have a question. Is there any way to open the slides and awnings wirelessly anymore?

The Jayco website still touts a wireless remote as a feature, but there is no longer a wireless remote in a cradle by the entry door. There is an android based small tablet in the hall, but mine is permanently attached. So no matter if I use the tablet or the hard switches, I can't see all of the slides from the inside. I can't see the awning well at all. And I obviously can't see the outside of the slides.

The tablet has some self-help features that demonstrate pushing a latch to detach it from the wall, but it is clearly a different version and mine doesn't do that. It also mentions a phone app, but the first steps in setting it up involve menu options that don't even exist on this tablet (for setting up coach wireless).

The only thing the tablet does better is give me access to autolevel faults and to extending the gear manually/individually, but again I can't see the legs while I do it?!

So, does anyone out there have a new HT that can tell me if I'm missing something?
Wire - Our 2018 28.5 RSTS came with a wall mount touch screen and just inside the cabinet door was a sticker for the downloadable app. I installed it on my iPhone 6, enabled WIFI and connected to the trailer. Once connected, I could use a PIN and then control the slide outs, lights, landing gear, etc. There really isn't much to it. You can control it manually from inside using the touch screen or with a mobile app remotely outside the camper. Good luck!
Old 09-14-2017, 04:22 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcbice View Post
I have the remote for mine and I never use it. I like to check the inside when running the slides to make sure nothing gets caught. And I use the LG switches when outside since that's where I stand anyway. I run the awning when standing at the door.

I'm the opposite. I use my phone all the time and I only have one awning and two slides.

I use mine to postion the trailer as level as I can on the site. To run the landing gear when hitching up so I don't have to get out to raise or lower the pin. To run the slides out to watch they don't hit the trees or power pedestal. From time to time I use my phone to control the leveling system or run a jack independently. Also that rare time we need to use the Anderson levers I use my phone to watch till I'm level.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:11 AM   #18

I guess I'm just going to have wait and take it back to the dealer when I can. There is no way to enable wifi, the menu screen is missing wifi as a setup option, and the app won't connect.

Old 09-14-2017, 09:43 AM   #19

Quote:
I guess I'm just going to have wait and take it back to the dealer when I can. There is no way to enable wifi, the menu screen is missing wifi as a setup option, and the app won't connect.

We have an eagle 321rsts with the android based wall mounted screen. Either use the phone/tablet app or the wall mounted screen. Inside the one cabinet was the sticker with the ssid for the trailer wifi access point and the from factory password. Ha even it setup on both phone and tablet. My problem is we have a second awning with led light that does not show up. Otherwise everything levelers, main awning and led light, 3 slides all show up. I have only 1 accent light which is the main awning light. I'm an It guy tore into it to see what I had. Either missing a controller or wiring for the second awning and light
RoadrunnerII

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:57 AM   #20

I checked every drawer and cabinet, and no sticker with ssid / password.