Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-18-2024, 06:18 PM   #1

OK, now I’m stumped

Late last year when my camper was in storage for a few weeks, I shut the BMPro down. After a day or two, I went back to the camper and restarted it and noticed the tablet battery was at 0% even though it was 100% when I shut it down so I just figured the battery was crap.

Two days ago, I removed the tablet from the wall and charged it to 100% from one of my micro USB charges and shut it down. 48 hrs later it is still 100% meaning the battery is sound.

So why would the battery discharge when it is on the camper shut down and not when it is off the camper shut down? What is pulling voltage from it?
Nevr2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 06:46 PM   #2

how did you shut it down?

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 07:15 PM   #3

Navigate to the “OF” window on the bottom buttons and press “EXT”. It shuts the tablet down after 10 seconds according to BMPro.
Old 03-18-2024, 07:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevr2late View Post
Navigate to the “OF” window on the bottom buttons and press “EXT”. It shuts the tablet down after 10 seconds according to BMPro.
I would make sure you see the tablet power off...it doesn't always do what it suppose to.

B&W hitch
Old 03-18-2024, 08:24 PM   #5

It went off. I tried to tap it to come on and it didn’t. Had to go through the button sequence to turn it back on. I actually think there are two “off” levels. I also know that when it is in the “on wall off” mode it didn’t charge so maybe the node controls the power to it. No idea without doing the sequence again and then pulling it and seeing what happens.
Old 03-18-2024, 08:26 PM   #6

Best thing is to keep it powered if you can.

B&W hitch
Old 03-22-2024, 11:36 AM   #7

There is definitely two ways to shut the tablet down. If you press and hold the reset button (power off/on) for a few seconds, a power off screen will pop up that you can select and shut the tablet completely off. When I did this the tablet did not use any power and the battery maintained 100% charge for several days (until I got tired of checking it). The only way to turn it back on is to press and hold the button again for several seconds. I do not believe this effects the node and I think the numbered buttons will still work (although I haven't verified that).

The second way is to navigate to "OF" and then hit “EXT”. This will turn the power off to all appliances according to the BMPRO Operating Manual (not exactly sure what that means, I assume just for the appliances the tablet controls). I also think it shuts down the node. The tablet will not wake up when you touch the screen in this mode and to turn it back on you need to push one of the numbered buttons. I know from experience that the tablet battery does not get charged when you do this even though the camper has 12v coming into the convertor. Because of this, the battery will die in very short order which makes me believe that it does not fully shut down, but it gets put into a sleep mode. My battery lasted less than 24hrs when I did this.
Old 03-22-2024, 11:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevr2late View Post
There is definitely two ways to shut the tablet down. If you press and hold the reset button (power off/on) for a few seconds, a power off screen will pop up that you can select and shut the tablet completely off. When I did this the tablet did not use any power and the battery maintained 100% charge for several days (until I got tired of checking it). The only way to turn it back on is to press and hold the button again for several seconds. I do not believe this effects the node and I think the numbered buttons will still work (although I haven't verified that).

The second way is to navigate to "OF" and then hit “EXT”. This will turn the power off to all appliances according to the BMPRO Operating Manual (not exactly sure what that means, I assume just for the appliances the tablet controls). I also think it shuts down the node. The tablet will not wake up when you touch the screen in this mode and to turn it back on you need to push one of the numbered buttons. I know from experience that the tablet battery does not get charged when you do this even though the camper has 12v coming into the convertor. Because of this, the battery will die in very short order which makes me believe that it does not fully shut down, but it gets put into a sleep mode. My battery lasted less than 24hrs when I did this.

I think you are 100% correct from what I have observed.

B&W hitch